ADVERTISEMENT

Rock, Lou, Kelly, USC, Freeman, Ara, LSU, Hyman Roth, and Michigan

InigoMontoya1

I've posted how many times?
Dec 6, 2001
Just some random things on my mind ….
  1. LSU just pulled off one of the all-time coaching heists in the history of college football. Nobody is really talking about them. It’s not an interesting story. That they are desperate beyond description is a surprise to nobody. In a conference without shame, it doesn’t raise much of an eyebrow that LSU would break the bank in order to close on a coach with Kelly’s pedigree, and that’s just the kind of ego stroking he requires. Here’s the problem. BK will have an introductory press conference and that will represent the pinnacle of his visibility outside of Baton Rouge. One day in the very near future, Brian Kelly is going to be reminded of the reason he isn’t the story and never was. In a world where CFB coaches are revered as mystical demigods, Notre Dame’s light still shines brightest. He has mistaken infamy for immortality.

2. I’m totally capable of being butt hurt when ND is spurned. I was when Meyer went to Gainesville, though I now see that for what it is. A bullet dodged. Great coach, but never could’ve been effective within the unique pressures present at Notre Dame. It takes a real shit bag to bail on kids the way Kelly did, but I’m not butt hurt over it. Disturbed by his innate shit-baggery, but that’s really about it.

3. Herbstreit tweeting congrats and taking thinly veiled shots at Notre Dame. He sounds like a needy teen who wants to sit at the cool lunch table and make a burn book about all of the hot girls.

4. While I’m on the topic of Herbena George, it’s true that Notre Dame has a year-in and year-out talent gap with a few programs in the country. In the current environment, that’s not likely to change – but it isn’t the chasm that leg-humping, lap dogs like Herbie would have you believe. It isn’t prohibitive.

5. There are a number of factors that go into winning big time matchups. While talent is certainly one of them, it’s not insurmountable when the gap is as narrow as it is. Kelly never believed he could win in the face of it, but that’s because he lacks the total face crushing badassery that someone like Lou Holtz has.

6. To be fair, Lou’s full throttle “kick them in the crotch repeatedly until they die from it and then continue kicking them a couple more times just for good measure" leadership style is probably a bit much for the fragile egos of today’s youth. Threading the needle is a difficult art, and Freeman seems to have the gigantic and inflexible balls necessary for it. Big time matchups require it. Kelly won’t win a title at LSU, because his team will always run into one that is willing to bust their chest cavities open using bare fists. And it just might be Notre Dame, lead by the warhead of destruction known as Marcus Freeman.

7. Ann Arbor has syphilis.

8. I can't wait to consistently pile drive USC's patty cake defense into the dusty turf of that dump of a stadium in LA (sjb to confirm).

9. These are the kinds of statues that get made for you when you’re a total badass who displays balls-out-ed-ness best described in biblical proportions. The last guy didn’t have it and bailed. (PS: I've never seen Ara and the hard-as-sh** mother****** who killed Hyman Roth in Miami in the same room. Coincidence?)

Lou_Holtz_1.jpg

ara-statue.jpg

"Oh, hey Kelly. I didn't see you there. I was too busy not giving a sh**"
    knute-rockne-statue.jpg

"Dear Bear Bryant,

Take a look at my fist.

Xoxo,
    Ara"
    3zpgpm.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards