ADVERTISEMENT

Bet for SAL. Amir Carlisle

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Sal, I bet you that Amir Carlisle gets invited back for his 5th year. What say you?

If you take the bet and I win, You have to drop Perse as a clIent.

If you take the bet and you win I will not give Perse a hard time for TWO WEEKS!

Amir C. will be very productive in a part time roll and special teams this coming year and is a great locker room guy.

Thats a stupid bet. The only thing supportive of perse I have posted recently was distaste for continually's stupid thread. Dont get you deal Bodi, I dont have any issue with you but whatever man.

Bodi I think he will be invited back because he provides depth to the WR and the RB position right now Notre Dame may have four running backs, buttwo of them are true freshmen, so if needed he could be moved back to the running back position if we see any injuries at the position he was a highly touted running back coming out of high school so he brings experience if needed at the position plus he brings special teams depth

Originally posted by SALittleGiant513:
Thats a stupid bet. The only thing supportive of perse I have posted recently was distaste for continually's stupid thread. Dont get you deal Bodi, I dont have any issue with you but whatever man.
SAL-- When will you post your first positive thing regarding ND football ? You seem to have a little silver 52 in you -- good news w that asshole was he kept his comments brief and only posted a couple times a week . You are keeping pace w your buddy purse in the post rate category . What gives ? You lonely ?

Bodi- My position which has been a constant is that i dont see how Carlisle gettsnoffered back right now with #s the way they are. Two weeks ago that position was predicated on the belief ND would get a safety to end the class. Now with a 5th year transfer already announced the # crunch is still the same until we hear otherwise. I see Carlisle and Grace as two guys on the borderline.

Sure I believe transfers and medical hardships are likely, but last year they had 1 transfer out and 1 transfer in. This year we already have 1 transfer in so to increase spots there will have to be 2 transfers/medical hardships. I agree that Grace is probably done but BK has consistently left that door open in interviews and press conferences. The way I see the 5th years breaking down are:

Golson
Martin
Schmidt
Farley
Ishaq/Hagerty/Carlisle (The order of these guys is so close I could see a valid argument for each)
Grace

With the numbers the way they are if BK takes back Ishaq I think its going to be close. Until some one transfers out or the medical retirements are announced I am of the opinion that it is better to recognize the situation rather then count of the potential situation.

Also- Continually, being critical of your hypocrisy isn't the same as being critical of ND.

Well kelly took a polished Whitfield product (Golson), who was a Heisman candidate and well you know...

Methinks Zaire will not lose the starting job....

So, imo it will be tough for Golson to win the Heisman.

Did you happen to catch Brindza who was a projected Groza finalist? What happened there?

Even though northwestern handed us our lunch this year I'm predicting that we will beat 'bama in next year's round 1 and then win the NC by beating osu!!!

We're defending Music City Bowl champs goddammitt! (Is that better than pinstripe?)

Go Irish!!!

We're number 1!!!!!

kelly has plenty of detractors.

I particularly enjoy the way her throws players under the bus.

His parting shot at Brindza post Music City Bowl was more of his bs.

It's what one expects from a classless individual.

Quite frankly, I enjoy the personal attacks as it proves that you can't refute a thing I post.

Go Irish!

We're #1!!!

PS Prosise was coming on strong which may make Carlisle expendable...

89 is the current roster # after the Avery addition? Can someone list all the 5th yr candidates? ND will need to cut loose 4 of these right?

Sal you are not taking into account that Brian Kelly prefers to use upperclassmen at the position that leaves only Folston and Bryant with experience at the position and if they get injured then you are looking at two freshmen backs behind them which will probably force Kelly and the new offensive coordinator to water down the playbook due to the learning curb for a lot of running backs in blitz pickup blocking assignments if you have Carlisle there you have experience and a guy who has played the running back position before his switch in position he was one of the best backs coming out of High school he has the tools to play the position and at a high level with the right coaching which is what Alford failed to give him

This post was edited on 2/14 11:00 PM by dannydionne1983

Danny where would you prioritize him assuming (a) Golson isn't transferring and (b) Ishaq isn't guaranteed a spot back. I am not saying Carlisle isn't an asset I am just saying I thing the numbers are tight and Carlisle is a candidate to be squeezed out.

Freshmen- 24
Sophomores- 22
Juniors- 22
Seniors- 12
Total- 80
Sebastian 81

Realistic 5th year guys: Golson, Martin, Schmidt, Farley, Hegarty, Carlisle, Ishaq, Grace

Barrati may retire which frees up a spot, an OL or TE could potential transfer, Golson may move on but until those moves happen those are the #'s.

This post was edited on 2/14 11:52 PM by SALittleGiant513

Originally posted by bizzybecknd:
89 is the current roster # after the Avery addition? Can someone list all the 5th yr candidates? ND will need to cut loose 4 of these right?
An article on home page says we are at 90 with seven potential fifth years Golson, Carlisle, Martin, Hegarty, Schmidt, Grace and Farley.

I honestly don't see them cutting Golson, Carlisle, or Farley. I doubt Grace ever places again, and I wouldn't be surprised if Schmidt also ends up on a medical scholarship. No clue about Martin or Hegarty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT