ADVERTISEMENT

Audric Estime

DieHard_Irish

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 27, 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't see him as an early round draft choice? Don't get me wrong, I love his talent, but I just don't seem him in the early rounds. Question is would he benefit from coming back another year? Hell he'll make more money with NIL than being a later round draft choice

I agree that Audric isn't a high round choice however the life of a RB is short lived. Get drafted mid round and let the other talented backs play next year.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Audric is going pro. The power of positive thinking helps, but he will not improve his draft status by coming back. 5th of 6th round. ND has a couple more stud running backs coming in

Estime reminds me a bit of Ron Dayne, who won the Heisman at Wisconsin years ago. He was a big, bowling ball of a bruiser in college, but he could also hesitate and cut behind his blockers to great advantage. That didn't work when he got to the NFL.

Reactions: 4-4-3
He’s much like Zack Moss IMO. Moss was a third rounder with a 4th round grade IMO. Estime should be graded similarly. I’m going to miss him, but we’ll be just fine at RB.

Estime, while awesome at ND, does not have the quick-twitch change of direction needed to excel long-term in the NFL. Kyren and Dexter were both better RB's in my opinion. I'd like to see more screens with him.

Reactions: 4-4-3
Am I the only one who doesn't see him as an early round draft choice? Don't get me wrong, I love his talent, but I just don't seem him in the early rounds. Question is would he benefit from coming back another year? Hell he'll make more money with NIL than being a later round draft choice
Coming back has no benefit for him.

I see him as a 3rd to 5th rounder

He should go and make his money and get a year closer to his pension

Coming back has no benefit for him.

I see him as a 3rd to 5th rounder

He should go and make his money and get a year closer to his pension
My point was, he'd probably make more money through NIL then he'll get going in the late rounds, like Hartman did

My point was, he'd probably make more money through NIL then he'll get going in the late rounds, like Hartman did
If he gets drafted in the 3rd round he'll get about a 5.5 million dollar contract and a 1 million dollar signing bonus. And he can also make money doing endorsements in the NFL as well. Plus a year sooner to pension and less wear and tear on your body in college

I dont think he'd make more in college than pro

Reactions: tbonesays
If he gets drafted in the 3rd round he'll get about a 5.5 million dollar contract and a 1 million dollar signing bonus. And he can also make money doing endorsements in the NFL as well. Plus a year sooner to pension and less wear and tear on your body in college

Would obviously love for him to come back, I do agree…..he should leave. Realistically, for an RB like Estime, the ultimate end game is getting to the NFL pension before major injury.

Becoming pension eligible before your 30, sets you up for a pretty nice life.

I question that he'd be taken in the 3rd round, and 3rd round or later rookies don't get endorsement deals, I mean come on get real

I question that he'd be taken in the 3rd round, and 3rd round or later rookies don't get endorsement deals, I mean come on get real
Bull shit they can't. You can get an endorsement deal as an undrafted guy. You know NIL is basically an endorsement deal. If you can get it in college, you can get it in the pros

Bull shit they can't. You can get an endorsement deal as an undrafted guy. You know NIL is basically an endorsement deal. If you can get it in college, you can get it in the pros
Sure he'll get it un college, the top players do. 3rd round or later rookies don't get lucrative endorsement deals.

Sure he'll get it un college, the top players do. 3rd round or later rookies don't get lucrative endorsement deals.
They don't need as lucrative because he will get his signing bonus and a paycheck. Anything he can get as endorsement or appearances or signings is just extra cash. Put it all together and it will be more than he can get in NIL money

RBs take a ton of hits from hs thru college. Most rbs career spans in NFL are 5-6 years. He needs to get ther ASAP to get in as many years as possible and get a good 2nd contract.

Estime, while awesome at ND, does not have the quick-twitch change of direction needed to excel long-term in the NFL. Kyren and Dexter were both better RB's in my opinion. I'd like to see more screens with him.
So was CJ Prosise.

And Price has shown flashes. He's FAST and he runs HARD.

Dexter was not and is not a better rb

Dexter was not and is not a better rb
Estime averages 6.17 to Dexter's 6.30 ypc. (100yrds per game vs 110 - Dexter)
Dexter had more receptions and more rec yardage.
I feel Dexter was more dangerous when given the ball.
Estime probably a better leader/teammate though but that's based on little knowledge.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Estime averages 6.17 to Dexter's 6.30 ypc. (100yrds per game vs 110 - Dexter)
Dexter had more receptions and more rec yardage.
I feel Dexter was more dangerous when given the ball.
Estime probably a better leader/teammate though but that's based on little knowledge.
Estime was is the better back

That stable of backs is remindful of the holtz years in terms of depth. Not saying it’s better, because that was a loaded backfield, but the quartet of estime, price, love & Payne is really good. They all bring different things to the table but you can use them all differently too, if that makes sense. I feel like they can all catch the ball out of the backfield but they can also run between the tackles and break one off at any time. Some may be better at certain things than others but they’re all really good.

Reactions: ftnfan62
RBs take a ton of hits from hs thru college. Most rbs career spans in NFL are 5-6 years. He needs to get ther ASAP to get in as many years as possible and get a good 2nd contract.

RB’a have the shortest life span of all positions. Just over 2.5 years. He will go, get drafted and make some money. They also don’t pay RB’s much. It’s not seen as high of a skill as the TE’s and WR’s now.

That stable of backs is remindful of the holtz years in terms of depth. Not saying it’s better, because that was a loaded backfield, but the quartet of estime, price, love & Payne is really good. They all bring different things to the table but you can use them all differently too, if that makes sense. I feel like they can all catch the ball out of the backfield but they can also run between the tackles and break one off at any time. Some may be better at certain things than others but they’re all really good.

Interesting, never thought about that but Lou always seem to put a ton of diff backs in over a game. Some receivers too. Some big boys too. Loved Anthony Johnson, Bettis.

RB’a have the shortest life span of all positions. Just over 2.5 years. He will go, get drafted and make some money. They also don’t pay RB’s much. It’s not seen as high of a skill as the TE’s and WR’s now.
Totally agree, so the question wss/is should he come back and make Hartman NIL money, which would probably be more than a rookie contract. It was just something I was thinking about

Totally agree, so the question wss/is should he come back and make Hartman NIL money, which would probably be more than a rookie contract. It was just something I was thinking about
He won't get Hartman money. And it won't be worth more than an NFL contract

He plays running back – even the best running backs will be lucky to be picked in a second or third round. One thing he has going for him is that he has a specific skill that NFL teams are looking for the running back other than being able to pay two or three downs, pass, protect, or have breakaway speed, and that is that he can break tacos in score of the goal line.
It’s highly unlikely that any running back is going to get Sam Hartman type NIL money.
It’s also just the least important position on the field for most teams. You have a bunch of running backs selected in later rounds, or free agents who are just as productive as supposedly elite running backs coming out of college. Additionally, the most successful franchise ever, New England, laid out the blueprint by not spending any money or any cap on running backs exclusively, picking up waiver wire players late round draft picks, or free agents.

1989 had Rocket and Ricky Watters, with Tony Rice navigating, and the QB in that offense was a RB. And like you said, I will also take 1989.

Interesting, never thought about that but Lou always seem to put a ton of diff backs in over a game. Some receivers too. Some big boys too. Loved Anthony Johnson, Bettis.
I've posted this before. But against Pitt in 90, Lou ran each of these backs:

Tony Brooks
Rodney Culver
Rocket
Dorsey Levens
Ricky Watters
Jerome Bettis

And it may have something to do with how long Watters, Bettis and Levens lasted in the NFL. Culver was killed early in his pro career, and Rocket played receiver in the pros. The one guy who fared less well was Brooks who I believe developed CTE, even though he didn't play long either in the NFL or in Europe.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Estime>Dexter.
Not even close. Estime is a pro-style back. Durable. Tough. Willing to get 3.5 yards and fall forward for 4. That is the NFL these days. Defenses are so good in the NFL.

Wonder how you predicted Bettis' future?

Not even close. Estime is a pro-style back. Durable. Tough. Willing to get 3.5 yards and fall forward for 4. That is the NFL these days. Defenses are so good in the NFL.

Wonder how you predicted Bettis' future?
Bettis was easy. So was Ricky Watters.

Parseghian also rotated a bunch of backs, and he had his QBs run a lot, too. I don't think anyone ever got close to a 1,000-yard season when he was coaching because nobody got the necessary carries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT