ADVERTISEMENT

Audric Estime Is The Man!

Dec 7, 2007
He has become quite a weapon. Ran for 176 yds yesterday against CMU and had a 72-yd TD run called back due to a holding call on Holden Staes. (I watched the game on Peacock and thought the holding call was marginal, and the unfortunate thing was that Audric was going to score even without the hold.) Audric is averaging 8.3 yards per rush this season. I knew he was sneaky fast, but he has shown a top gear I didn't know he had. And he is a batterring ram on inside runs. That starts to show up later in the game when defenders get tired of trying to tackle him. Is he the best RB ND has had since Jerome Bettis? I was initially sorry to see Logan Diggs transfer, but I think we may be better without him.

He has become quite a weapon. Ran for 176 yds yesterday against CMU and had a 72-yd TD run called back due to a holding call on Holden Staes. (I watched the game on Peacock and thought the holding call was marginal, and the unfortunate thing was that Audric was going to score even without the hold.) Audric is averaging 8.3 yards per rush this season. I knew he was sneaky fast, but he has shown a top gear I didn't know he had. And he is a batterring ram on inside runs. That starts to show up later in the game when defenders get tired of trying to tackle him. Is he the best RB ND has had since Jerome Bettis? I was initially sorry to see Logan Diggs transfer, but I think we may be better without him.
he is the 2nd coming of JB

Thank goodness Rees left, otherwise Diggs probably doesn't transfer, and Rees would still start him at 4 yards per rush.
Estime is clearly the better back.
Now, Rees is tearing down the Saban dynasty.
Yep. Said it all last year and people were arguing for Diggs. Estime is the much better back and its showing. Glad he left

He has become quite a weapon. Ran for 176 yds yesterday against CMU and had a 72-yd TD run called back due to a hole ding call on Holden Staes. (I watched the game on Peacock and thought the holding call was marginal, and the unfortunate thing was that Audric was going to score even without the hold.) Audric is averaging 8.3 yards per rush this season. I knew he was sneaky fast, but he has shown a top gear I didn't know he had. And he is a batterring ram on inside runs. That starts to show up later in the game when defenders get tired of trying to tackle him. Is he the best RB ND has had since Jerome Bettis? I was initially sorry to see Logan Diggs transfer, but I think we may be better without him.

He indeed reminds me of Jerome Bettis the Bus!

🙂

Bettis was better, but Audric has this season and hopefully next season to contest this. He is the 1st big game breaking back I can remember since the Holtz era. Backed by other very good backs.

As a glutton for punishment since 1988, I amplify any signals that suggest the Irish dominance of those times. Estime and Co show some of this. Clean up the OL and the offense might be comparable. The defense is the question mark.

College football seems like it is ironically coming back to more parity due to NIL and transfers. Can't stack in depth as easily when you can transfer, play immediately, and make $$$. Good...as the Irish just might finally realize their brand again in this new equation.

Anyways, Estime is beast. Hope he unleashes hell behind his big OL with Hartman keeping Ohio State from cheating on the line. I'm excited with the improbable!

Reactions: IrishMike409
Also, Estime may have been the one to transfer if Rees didn't leave.
So many positives are happening with Rees's departure.

Another great succinct comment.

I'm probably one of the worst Xs and Os guy on this board. But even I knew Tommy was not a good OC. I had a hard time understanding why Saban took him...but it's all playing out as I thought.

The way Rees misused Estime was infuriating. Rees to me is a protege of CBK and over complicates. Xs and Os before players, which is wrong in nearly every sport.

I love what Freeman and Co are doing with Estime and the team. They know how to get the best of the players. Playing them optimally.

Yep. Said it all last year and people were arguing for Diggs. Estime is the much better back and its showing. Glad he left

I don't recall too many arguing for Diggs, but maybe there were some. When I watched our games last year it was clear to me that Audric was a better RB than Logan, but I thought maybe there was something that happened in practice during the week that convinced TR otherwise. That isn't a knock on Logan, because he is a very good RB, I just think Audric is the better RB. Audric did suffer from an occasional fumble, and I don't recall Logan having a fumbling problem, so that was probably a concern for the coaching staff.

One aspect of Logan's game that I appreciated was his ability to go into a scrum of bodies between the tackles and turn a play that looked like it was going to go for little or no gain, and he would get 5 yards out of it. He seemed to have an ability to find small creases or openings and get some positive yards. Over the course of a game, those small gains add up. But Audric was the better overall back, and this year he is really starting to blossom. He has taken his game to a new level.

One area of Audric's game that is perhaps under appreciated (and maybe under utilized) is his ability to catch the ball coming out of the backfield. If Hartman starts to get some heat from OSU's DL in next Saturday's game, I hope Parker dials up a few screens for Audric.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
I don't recall too many arguing for Diggs, but maybe there were some. When I watched our games last year it was clear to me that Audric was a better RB than Logan, but I thought maybe there was something that happened in practice during the week that convinced TR otherwise. That isn't a knock on Logan, because he is a very good RB, I just think Audric is the better RB. Audric did suffer from an occasional fumble, and I don't recall Logan having a fumbling problem, so that was probably a concern for the coaching staff.

One aspect of Logan's game that I appreciated was his ability to go into a scrum of bodies between the tackles and turn a play that looked like it was going to go for little or no gain, and he would get 5 yards out of it. He seemed to have an ability to find small creases or openings and get some positive yards. Over the course of a game, those small gains add up. But Audric was the better overall back, and this year he is really starting to blossom. He has taken his game to a new level.

One area of Audric's game that is perhaps under appreciated (and maybe under utilized) is his ability to catch the ball coming out of the backfield. If Hartman starts to get some heat from OSU's DL in next Saturday's game, I hope Parker dials up a few screens for Audric.

To me picking Diggs over Estime is an example of overthinking instead of innate eye test analysis. Both are great backs, but even I knew Audric should be primary back.

Rees I think hurt himself as a CBK student in this context.

Oh there were many. And some I argued and argued with over and over about

Reactions: NIN Irish

kool

does this (LG7) mean anything to you?

Sorry, d1042, you have me stumped on that one. Should it mean something to me?

I googled LG7 and it appears that may be the name of Lady Gaga's next album, but I am wagering that isn't what you refer to.
no, I had a dear friend poster (if one can become real friends here) one of his ID’s was LuckyGreen7. I wish we had exchanged personal info - but now sadly it looks like he has moved on.

Reactions: IrishMike409
agree; really wish to track Lucky Green down; wish I had not erred and lost contact. He was special to me.

no, I had a dear friend poster (if one can become real friends here) one of his ID’s was LuckyGreen7. I wish we had exchanged personal info - but now sadly it looks like he has moved on.
did you know Lucky Green? if so, send him a message, I would like to contact him or have him contact me.

Oh there were many. And some I argued and argued with over and over about
My memory of that debate was that some questioned whether Estime was as polished as Diggs, would be as good a receiver, and could get over his early case of fumblitis. I, for one, didn't care if Diggs or Estime started. What I did object to was putting Tyree in when we were in the red zone and needed a couple of tough yards, and it seems like they did that more than a few times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT