ADVERTISEMENT

As of now ND has three bye weeks for 2024

Dec 29, 2005
They need to add a 12th game though but where would you like to see the “bye” weeks, what is optimal vs this schedule?

8/31 @ A&M
9/7 Vs NIU
9/14 @ Purdue
9/21 Vs Miami (OH)
9/28 Vs UL
10/5 OPEN
10/12 Vs Stanford
10/19 @ GT
10/26 Vs Navy (East Rutherford)
11/2 OPEN
11/9 Vs FSU
11/16 Vs UVA
11/23 OPEN
11/30 @ USC

How often has ND had two bye weeks during a season? Is it because of playing games during week 0? And why do they have to call in week 0? Makes no sense.

Reactions: notredame79
They need to add a 12th game though but where would you like to see the “bye” weeks, what is optimal vs this schedule?

8/31 @ A&M
9/7 Vs NIU
9/14 @ Purdue
9/21 Vs Miami (OH)
9/28 Vs UL
10/5 OPEN
10/12 Vs Stanford
10/19 @ GT
10/26 Vs Navy (East Rutherford)
11/2 OPEN
11/9 Vs FSU
11/16 Vs UVA
11/23 OPEN
11/30 @ USC
Army is being added.

It's a bit of a mess. It would be foolish to schedule 9 straight games to open the season, so that 10/5 date needs to stay open. It's also not a great idea to schedule a tough team the week before FSU or USC, though. So we're stuck with someone like Army.

Part of problem goes back to the Covid cancelations. We rescheduled our neutral game vs Wisconsin to the first week of 2026, which didn't leave any room for other top programs in those early weeks when everyone wants to schedule them. With no home games against top tier teams we agreed with the ACC to switch Miami from 2024 to 2026, date TBD.

Reactions: Kelso86
The home game schedule is light on quality next year. FSU is the only really good opponent.

The home game schedule is light on quality next year. FSU is the only really good opponent.
It was supposed to be both FSU and Miami at home, so I think the athletic department figured they could get away with an unusually light schedule for the other home games. And then the Miami game moves and....oof. If they fill in 11/23 with a cream puff opponent I wonder if they'll do a neutral site instead of a home game, like a Shamrock Series type thing. Having NIU, Miami(Oh), and a third group of 5 team all on the home slate would be a recipe for lots of empty seats in the stadium.

Reactions: NDSMC78
It was supposed to be both FSU and Miami at home, so I think the athletic department figured they could get away with an unusually light schedule for the other home games. And then the Miami game moves and....oof. If they fill in 11/23 with a cream puff opponent I wonder if they'll do a neutral site instead of a home game, like a Shamrock Series type thing. Having NIU, Miami(Oh), and a third group of 5 team all on the home slate would be a recipe for lots of empty seats in the stadium.

Yeah, I notice it's only four ACC opponents (FSU, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Louisville). What happened to Miami?

Yeah, I notice it's only four ACC opponents (FSU, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Louisville). What happened to Miami?
Miami got moved from 2024 to 2026. We didn't have any marquee home games in '26 prior to that switch. It must be especially tough to schedule these games out ahead when teams don't even know how many conference games they'll be playing in the coming years.

Reactions: Kelso86
I hope so but I doubt it
I agree here, but would say Jimbo better finish strong as the boo birds are getting louder. I’ve heard so many pundits talk about their #1 recruit class and how it was supposed to be one of the best ever. Fans and media just won’t tolerate losing with the perceived talent they have on the roster.

Like many programs fighting to go from just good to elite, it’s the QB play. A&M is struggling in that key area IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT