ADVERTISEMENT

9 wins is a LOCK

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
ND will be favored in 9 games this season.

ND should beat every team outside of the top 25.

Today, 9 teams ND plays are outside of the top 25.

Those games are locks.

If ND loses to any of those teams, the coaching staff better be held accountable.

Zero, absolutely zero excuses for ND to lose to any team outside of the top 20, let alone to a team out of the top 25.

I am a huge Freeman fan. I have total confidence in him. That is why for me, ND has 9 games locked in as wins.

However, if ND loses to any team outside of the top 25, Freeman needs to go at the end of the season. Unless of course ND beats SC or OSU or both.

Those loses last year to terrible teams is his one free pass.

However, I believe Freeman is the guy for the job and he will lead ND to a championship within 3 years.

Reactions: bcnd

Those games are locks.

If ND loses to any of those teams, the coaching staff better be held accountable.

Zero, absolutely zero excuses for ND to lose to any team outside of the top 20, let alone to a team out of the top 25.

I am a huge Freeman fan. I have total confidence in him. That is why for me, ND has 9 games locked in as wins.

However, if ND loses to any team outside of the top 25, Freeman needs to go at the end of the season. Unless of course ND beats SC or OSU or both.

However, I believe Freeman is the guy for the job and he will lead ND to a championship within 3 years.
Yawn

Reactions: Airzee23
Yawn?

I am sure you will respond 20 times in my thread

Remember, you’re my biggest fan. You can’t help yourself.

Funny, who’s the first person to open and respond to my thread????

Golson!!! My biggest fan.

Or, out of spite you won’t respond at all now. Either way, I win.

So yawn away old chap, yawn away but you won’t be gone long.

Yawn?

Thoughts on the Clemson, USC, and tOSU games? How would you rank them?

Is Clemson the toughest one since it’s on the road?

Ask Marshall and Stanford how that went.
Last season is gone. The good, the bad, the ugly. All gone.

You can’t keep looking at the past.

Yes, teams get upset every year. However, however, we are arguing over semantics..

Games can be locks but the under dog still wins. My original post was “nine wins easy then it gets interesting”.

Then people wanted to start using words like “locks”.

So, okay, let’s use the wor lock.

A team lime ND has no business losing to a team like Marshall. That game at home to Marshall was a Vegas lock but…

Yawn?

Yawn

Reactions: Airzee23
Thoughts on the Clemson, USC, and tOSU games? How would you rank them?

Is Clemson the toughest one since it’s on the road?
Each of those teams has holes. ND will be the underdog in each.

OSU has some big question marks.

QB? They will be talented but unproven

Oline is a work in process

Really no lockdown Corner. Did get a transfer in from Sec

Clemson is a very winnable game.
Good QB coming back after playing as a true freshman

Oline coming bqck

Nice RB

One big threat at WR (sophomore) Williams)

LBs are monsters

Bad pass defense 70th something

Not a dominant team very beatable

SC is scary period

Their defense was terrible

They got some portal kids

Bear Alexander comes over from Georgia.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Last season is gone. The good, the bad, the ugly. All gone.

You can’t keep looking at the past.

Yes, teams get upset every year. However, however, we are arguing over semantics..

Games can be locks but the under dog still wins. My original post was “nine wins easy then it gets interesting”.

Then people wanted to start using words like “locks”.

So, okay, let’s use the wor lock.

A team lime ND has no business losing to a team like Marshall. That game at home to Marshall was a Vegas lock but…
I’m just saying don’t overlook anyone. I’m not sure you are overlooking most of our opponents, it just sounds like you are. 😃

Those games are locks.

Yawn.

Oline coming bqck

Nice RB

LBs are monsters

SC is scary period

I think we beat Southern Cal at home.

Clemson at Death Valley will be tough for obvious reasons, but we’ve got the OL and RB to hopefully impose our will.

tOSU….who knows. Obviously it’ll take an incredible effort to win, but their QB situation is an unknown at this point.

Reactions: Zorich 88

Oline coming bqck

Nice RB

LBs are monsters

SC is scary period

For OSU you're right about the QB and OL. QB is unproven, but the ND game is the 4th game of the season and 2nd road game so they will have some experience and time to gel with the OL. OL should be pretty solid though especially the starters, the backup OL is a giant question mark.

Where you're wrong though is about CB, OSU has elite corners this year. Our #1 is Denzel Burke, but he was hampered with injuries to start the season last year, got healthy towards the end and was playing really good ball. Jordan Hancock was poised for a breakout season too but he injured his hamstring in fall camp and missed the first 8 weeks and that derailed his season. Both of those guys are uber talented 3rd year players that are healthy right now. Then they got a transfer from Ole Miss who played a lot last season as a true freshman, very talented player that will probably rotate with the other two.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Here's my attempt at a schedule prediction

Vs Navy - W
Tennessee State - W
At NC State - L
Central Michigan - W
Ohio State - L
At Duke - W
At Louisville - W
USC - W
Bye
Pitt - W
At Clemson - L
Bye
Wake Forest - W
At Stanford - W

Some of those road games are tricky. NC State should be pretty decent, Jeff Brohm is a good coach that makes Louisville a trap game to anybody. Stanford will probably be desperate, last year in the PAC and all.

For OSU you're right about the QB and OL. QB is unproven, but the ND game is the 4th game of the season and 2nd road game so they will have some experience and time to gel with the OL. OL should be pretty solid though especially the starters, the backup OL is a giant question mark.

Where you're wrong though is about CB, OSU has elite corners this year. Our #1 is Denzel Burke, but he was hampered with injuries to start the season last year, got healthy towards the end and was playing really good ball. Jordan Hancock was poised for a breakout season too but he injured his hamstring in fall camp and missed the first 8 weeks and that derailed his season. Both of those guys are uber talented 3rd year players that are healthy right now. Then they got a transfer from Ole Miss who played a lot last season as a true freshman, very talented player that will probably rotate with the other two.
I looked at a lot of OSU season evaluations. All said secondary is a work in progress.

Here's my attempt at a schedule prediction

Vs Navy - W
Tennessee State - W
At NC State - L
Central Michigan - W
Ohio State - L
At Duke - W
At Louisville - W
USC - W
Bye
Pitt - W
At Clemson - L
Bye
Wake Forest - W
At Stanford - W

Some of those road games are tricky. NC State should be pretty decent, Jeff Brohm is a good coach that makes Louisville a trap game to anybody. Stanford will probably be desperate, last year in the PAC and all.
Which, at the end of the day, doesn't mean a hill of beans.

Just Beat Navy.

Those games are locks.

Never underestimate your opponent !

Reactions: 4-4-3
I looked at a lot of OSU season evaluations. All said secondary is a work in progress.
It was definitely the weak link last season, but not because the players suck, the whole position group was ravaged with injuries. There's a bunch of talent and experience in the secondary and the whole defense in general.

Who are the starters at tackle. Heard that is an issue

Who are the starters at tackle. Heard that is an issue
Jeffrey (Jimmy) Simmons is projected to start at left tackle and Josh Fryar is projected at right tackle. Simmons is a portal pickup with high upside, very athletic player but had false start issues at SDSU. Fryar is a 3rd/4th year player getting his first chance to start but he's pretty good, he was a solid backup for us last year as the 6th man. Tackle is going to be a work in progress but I'm hopeful, plus we have a good OL coach in Justin Frye.

Damn, we are already firing Freeman again? Tough crowd. Have a drink, some patience, and enjoy the final days leading up to the season. To me, it's the most exciting time of the year. Full of positivity, a new start, and can't wait to see what Hartman can do with these young receivers.

There really is no team on our schedule we should not beat. The obvious teams that do match your athleticism are OSU, USC and Clemson. You have 2 of the 3 at home, that is a huge advantage.

OSU has a first time QB starter. This should be the inverse of OSU last year.

USC we had Pyne. Loved the kid and his heart, but he couldn't even beat out Buchner. This will be a different animal USC faces this year.

Clemson is the wild card, at their house, will be thinking about 2022, that will be a very tough game for us even with the fact their QB is also new.

Its a very tough schedule with a lot of teams that are just a notch below on paper and us circled.

Our only absolute weakness is our receivers. Can the get separation. Sam likes 50/50 and just expects his guys to battle. He will put it in harms way, its up to them to win the battle. If that core can get some moxy by OSU, we have our best shot at another run to the playoffs as we did in 21.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Damn, we are already firing Freeman again? Tough crowd. Have a drink, some patience, and enjoy the final days leading up to the season. To me, it's the most exciting time of the year. Full of positivity, a new start, and can't wait to see what Hartman can do with these young receivers.
I am a big Freeman fan. However, if ND loses to any team outside the top 25 and fail to beat one of the three tough teams (OSU, Clemson and SC) then yes, Freeman has to go.

No one cares what you think...
You obviously do. You respond to every post I make!!! Not just once, not just twice, you respond time after time to my posts.

I dare you to block me!!! If you don’t care what I think block me Buddy. But you can’t. Why? Because you are my biggest fan.

You don’t have it in you to block me lol.

You obviously do. You respond to every post I make!!! Not just once, not just twice, you respond time after time to my posts.

I dare you to block me!!! If you don’t care what I think block me Buddy. But you can’t. Why? Because you are my biggest fan.

You don’t have it in you to block me lol.
I dont block anyone. I'm not a child. Just like how I dont report anyone while others on this site are childish and do so. Man up

I think your predictions, projections and overall points are embarassingly bad.

And I like showing you how wrong you are

I dont block anyone. I'm not a child. Just like how I dont report anyone while others on this site are childish and do so. Man up

I think your predictions, projections and overall points are embarassingly bad.

And I like showing you how wrong you are
You’re obsessed with me. I can’t make a post where you won’t comment.

I told you Book would get drafted

I told you Cincinnati would be a tough game

Me and Nick both agree Tommy is a very good OC

So I get some thing’s right.

I am some what better than a broken clock

I am a big Freeman fan. However, if ND loses to any team outside the top 25 and fail to beat one of the three tough teams (OSU, Clemson and SC) then yes, Freeman has to go.
I'm NOT a Freeman fan, but why would he HAVE TO GO if he didn't meet your criteria?

Ara lost to the two ranked teams ND played in 72 -- USC: 42-23 and Nebraska: 40-6. ND was also upset that year at home 30-26 by an UNRANKED 30-POINT UNDERDOG MISSOURI TEAM that lost to Nebraska, ND's opponent in the Orange bowl that year, 62-0.

Ara wasn't fired and won an NC the next season.

My other point involves a number of ND coaches' won/loss records for their first two seasons:

Faust -- 11-10-1
Holtz -- 13-10
Davie -- 16-9
Willingham --15-9
Kelly -- 16-10

If ND were to lose to the three favored teams and get upset, say, by NC State or Louisville but won its bowl game and finished 9-4, giving Freeman a two-year record of 18-8, do you honestly think he would warrant firing? Because there ISN'T A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL that ND would actually do it.

In fact, if Freeman were to win 9 games this year and total 18 for his first two seasons, he'd actually rank closer to Devine's 17-6 for his first two years and Weis's 19-6. And there's no way either of them was getting fired after year two. Why would there have been? They were winning over 70% of their games.

So, if not the numbers, ON WHAT BASIS do you feel Freeman would have to be LET GO?

Reactions: baron100
I'm NOT a Freeman fan, but why would he HAVE TO GO if he didn't meet your criteria?

Ara lost to the two ranked teams ND played in 72 -- USC: 42-23 and Nebraska: 40-6. ND was also upset that year at home 30-26 by an UNRANKED 30-POINT UNDERDOG MISSOURI TEAM that lost to Nebraska, ND's opponent in the Orange bowl that year, 62-0.

Ara wasn't fired and won an NC the next season.

My other point involves a number of ND coaches' won/loss records for their first two seasons:

Faust -- 11-10-1
Holtz -- 13-10
Davie -- 16-9
Willingham --15-9
Kelly -- 16-10

If ND were to lose to the three favored teams and get upset, say, by NC State or Louisville but won its bowl game and finished 9-4, giving Freeman a two-year record of 18-8, do you honestly think he would warrant firing? Because there ISN'T A SNOWBALL'S CHANCE IN HELL that ND would actually do it.

In fact, if Freeman were to win 9 games this year and total 18 for his first two seasons, he'd actually rank closer to Devine's 17-6 for his first two years and Weis's 19-6. And there's no way either of them was getting fired after year two. Why would there have been? They were winning over 70% of their games.

So, if not the numbers, ON WHAT BASIS do you feel Freeman would have to be LET GO?
I can appreciate your 2 page response.

However, let me keep it simple.

ND lost to teams last season they had no business losing to.

THAT CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!

Especially back 2 back seasons

I can appreciate your 2 page response.

However, let me keep it simple.

ND lost to teams last season they had no business losing to.

THAT CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!

Especially back 2 back seasons
Okay, this is HIGHLY PERSONAL for you, and that's FINE. We all get to draw our OWN LINES IN THE SAND, and I respect that.

But I'll make four parting comments.

1) Gerry Faust lost to teams he had no business losing to FOR FIVE YEARS. And ND let it happen.

2) The bar you've set for ND at this point in time would appear to me to be UNREALISTICALLY HIGH. This is still a new coach operating in an environment in which, even though certain teams are DOMINANT, there's greater parity at the next level.

3) I would argue that on a given day, there are AT LEAST 7 or 8 teams on its schedule ND could lose to. The odds are that they won't lose to any of them, but they could. Just as with Marshall and Stanford.

4) I would also argue that regardless of HOW POORLY Freeman may do -- should he do poorly at all -- he gets at least three years. This guy's stock is SO HIGH -- and to me he's in BUBBLE TERRITORY -- that it will take an ABSOLUTE CRASH to dislodge him. But, of course, that's speculation on my part.

As are points 2 and 3.

4-4-3,

I‘m in your camp.

Faust was a disastrous HIRE !
A horrible decision by the Administration !

Zorich’s bar is unrealistically high.

in addition he seems to ignore the fact that when people make flawed decisions they’re not so quick to admit that their decision was flawed and they’re not so quick to remedy their decision. That’s just human nature.

And it’s not just that MF is the new head coach at ND, it’s the fact that he’s also a new Head coach !

Time will tell

Last edited:
Reactions: 4-4-3
4-4-3,

I‘m in your camp.

in addition he seems to ignore the fact that when people make flawed decisions they’re not so quick to admit that their decision was flawed and they’re not so quick to remedy their decision. That’s just human nature.

And it’s not just that MF is the new head coach at ND, it’s the fact that he’s also a new coach !

Time will tell
ALL TRUE.

And, yes, TIME WILL TELL.

4-4-3,

I‘m in your camp.

And it’s not just that MF is the new head coach at ND, it’s the fact that he’s also a new coach !

Time will tell
So, I should not expect ND to ever be a Bama, Georgia or even OSU????

If ND is just a good not elite program than fine.

Any team with a winning record is going to be a tough game for ND.

Is that more realistic for you???

Okay, this is HIGHLY PERSONAL for you, and that's FINE. We all get to draw our OWN LINES IN THE SAND, and I respect that.

But I'll make four parting comments.

1) Gerry Faust lost to teams he had no business losing to FOR FIVE YEARS. And ND let it happen.

2) The bar you've set for ND at this point in time would appear to me to be UNREALISTICALLY HIGH. This is still a new coach operating in an environment in which, even though certain teams are DOMINANT, there's greater parity at the next level.

3) I would argue that on a given day, there are AT LEAST 7 or 8 teams on its schedule ND could lose to. The odds are that they won't lose to any of them, but they could. Just as with Marshall and Stanford.

4) I would also argue that regardless of HOW POORLY Freeman may do -- should he do poorly at all -- he gets at least three years. This guy's stock is SO HIGH -- and to me he's in BUBBLE TERRITORY -- that it will take an ABSOLUTE CRASH to dislodge him. But, of course, that's speculation on my part.

As are points 2 and 3.
That’s the last time Bama lost to a team outside the top 25.

ND should have that same expectation. But we get worried about playing Duke?????

Yeah, ND will never be an elite program with that type of expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT