ADVERTISEMENT

?

Better then 10-17 against ranked opponents can't be that hard to find. Take 2012 out of the stats and it's like 5-17 or something.

I think if we had no head coach at all and just let the assistants have a crack we'd be no worse than 10-17 against ranked opponents over the next 7 years.

At a certain point, we all have to admit Brian Kelly isn't going to win a title here. And after 7 years, somebody else deserves a chance. ND isn't Florida State under Bobby Bowden. BK doesn't get 15 years to win a title. All of the resources are there for a person to win before year 8.
Who would win a title here ? Under ND's constraints I doubt Saban, Meyer, Dabo, or Belichick would win a title.

Kizer is in the NFL now so they can't blame him. BVG is gone so he can't be blamed.
Most of the other coaches are gone so you can't blame them.

Fundraising ?

Harry Heistand and the soft play by the Oline?
Alize Mack, Miles Boykin, Kevin Stepherson. ?
Misses in recruitingP?
Kelly is a terrible coach ! Can't beat anybody with a pulse.
They were still doing that fruitcake dancing on the sidelines because of Kelly.

Maybe the Kelly apologists will blame the tough schedule ?
Maybe the Kelly apologist will blame the fans for not coming to the Temple or Georgia game?

Georgis was an 8 and 5 team last year and will probably be about the same this year. Vanderbilt beat them in Georgia, Nichools state almost beat then in Georgia. Georgia Tech beat them.
There was no silver lining to last nights loss. Kelly does not know how to get the team ready for big games. He lets the team down. Nobody else.
Will we finish 4 and 8 ? Who knows maybe Elko keeps up the good work with the D and we finish 8 and 4.

I used to be a Kelly apologist before last season. But I looked forward to a promising season with Ballis and Elko leading the charge. But they are not the head coach.

I have lost all interest in this season. I will get excited again for the Irish as soon as Kelly is fired.
Go Irish ! Beat BC !
Bodi this morning..."I have lost all interest in this season"......Bodi by next Friday...."The Irish will run the table and go undefeated the rest of the year!"....

Who would win a title here ? Under ND's constraints I doubt Saban, Meyer, Dabo, or Belichick would win a title.

I agree with this 100%. College football has passed ND by as far as being a championship contender every season like the big boys out there. With the constraints you have here no coach is going to win a title.

Reactions: ndhell
Quit your whining. This is a good football team.
Agree with you here. Think this is one of his best teams. So far.... This comment is from a very limited exposure of 2 games, but this is a better team/product than the one of several years ago when he won 10. The difference, he had a few special talents then. Kizer, Fuller and some others that changed and elevated the team. The sad part here, now, is there are no special players in this group. Good players, but no one really special. Georgia has a couple of unique talents that can make plays others can't. That's the difference and was the difference the other night. And it won't change anytime soon. Kelly is not a great recruiter. 5* talent will not be attracted here to be coached by him or want to be part of a decaying program. For now, Let's wait a couple more games before we verbally crucify him.

keep making excuses
You are living in La La Land my friend. Most people think Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time. He would tell you in private and off the record that even he could not win a title under ND's handcuffs.

Right, it someone elses fault. You idiots are clueless

Idiots? I am not an idiot and have experience in being part of the chain of command in a couple of positions I have held over the years in education. The AD might hold power but doubt if he'd make a move without the blessing of Father Jenkins and the Board of Trustees. Like I said, those in charge are not ready to give Kelly his walking papers and all the repetitive posting hissy fits by you (and others of your mindset) won't change Kelly's job status.

Reactions: echowaker
'right, keep living in mediocrity. Why change when ND can win 6-8 games a year? sometimes 4..
No one said never make a change. Change for the sake of change is dumb. Have someone better to hire ? I m on board. The incessant complaining won t do it.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
No one said never make a change. Change for the sake of change is dumb. Have someone better to hire ? I m on board. The incessant complaining won t do it.
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". What part of stupid/insanity do you bk worshippers not understand?

We know what the Irish are now. I believe we can win 8/9 games per year on average and occasionally make a run a chip.

I think last year Kelly had a dose of humble pie and if he makes it through this year we'll come out for the better going forward.

Making a change for sake of doing it is not the ideal move IMO. If we do I want a big name coach and that is not happening. Once Urban (who was a product of our coaching tree) turned down the Irish that should have let all the posters know that a big name coach is not going to happen.

We know what the Irish are now. I believe we can win 8/9 games per year on average and occasionally make a run a chip.

I think last year Kelly had a dose of humble pie and if he makes it through this year we'll come out for the better going forward.

Making a change for sake of doing it is not the ideal move IMO. If we do I want a big name coach and that is not happening. Once Urban (who was a product of our coaching tree) turned down the Irish that should have let all the posters know that a big name coach is not going to happen.
Don't need a big time coach. We have a mediocre one right now, 8 years is enough. Give someone else a shot, this one is done.

You are living in La La Land my friend. Most people think Saban is the greatest college football coach of all time. He would tell you in private and off the record that even he could not win a title under ND's handcuffs.

Saban runs a conservative system based on overpowering other teams with superior athletes and preparation. Maybe that would not work here. But that doesn't mean other coaches, who strategize to win without superior players, cannot get it done.

Saban runs a conservative system based on overpowering other teams with superior athletes and preparation. Maybe that would not work here. But that doesn't mean other coaches, who strategize to win without superior players, cannot get it done.
Preparation? Cmon. Saban doesn't prepare any more than anyone else. His secret: 5* up and down the lineup......then even more 5* backups.

Reactions: ndhell
Bodi -- you disappeared faster than a hot pocket on Chris Christie's beach chair!

A week ago you were predicting 12-0! One loss by one point to an SEC team... and you are off the ship. Disappointing.

Wouldn't want to be in your foxhole.

I'm still pulling for this team. Go Irish. One week at at time. Beat BC.

And I thought you looked good in your polo in Charlottesville. Nice tiki torch, asshole.

"Your rubber I'm glue..." Nice one, Bodi, disappointing from someone as ah-hem smart as you. Enjoy the season. Who will you cheer for now? Going back to Michigan now? You won't be missed. I like my fans who stick by their players (especially after your prediction of 12-0 the last five years.) and don't jump ship with a single one-point loss.

You are a joke. Over and out.

Preparation? Cmon. Saban doesn't prepare any more than anyone else. His secret: 5* up and down the lineup......then even more 5* backups.

Said backups meet with enough analysts to form a second coaching staff.

You were in top form last year when the Irish went 4 and 8. You could care less about the Irish football team. All you care about is your master--Brian Kelly. Pennick44 = Kellys cabana boy
Blah Blah Blah. You have the emotional intelligence of a 1st grader.

You were in top form last year when the Irish went 4 and 8. You could care less about the Irish football team. All you care about is your master--Brian Kelly. Pennick44 = Kellys cabana boy

For anyone paying attention on this board, there certainly does seem to be some sort of symbiotic relationship going on there.
It is to argue against Bodi's accusation.

The one person who will not be blamed will be Elko. He has actually made chicken soup out of chicken feathers.

I agree with this 100%. College football has passed ND by as far as being a championship contender every season like the big boys out there. With the constraints you have here no coach is going to win a title.

Stanford has greater restraints than ND. ND has better recruiting potential than Stanford.

Kizer is in the NFL now so they can't blame him. BVG is gone so he can't be blamed.

Fundraising ?

Misses in recruitingP?

Maybe the Kelly apologist will blame the fans for not coming to the Temple or Georgia game?

Georgis was an 8 and 5 team last year and will probably be about the same this year. Vanderbilt beat them in Georgia, Nichools state almost beat then in Georgia. Georgia Tech beat them.
There was no silver lining to last nights loss. Kelly does not know how to get the team ready for big games. He lets the team down. Nobody else.
Will we finish 4 and 8 ? Who knows maybe Elko keeps up the good work with the D and we finish 8 and 4.

I used to be a Kelly apologist before last season. But I looked forward to a promising season with Ballis and Elko leading the charge. But they are not the head coach.

I have lost all interest in this season. I will get excited again for the Irish as soon as Kelly is fired.
Go Irish ! Beat BC !
Looks like UGA was a little better than 8-5 this year.

Reactions: nemeth#5

Fundraising ?

Misses in recruitingP?

Go Irish ! Beat BC !

It is Tyrone's fault!!!

Reactions: Irish Duck

Fundraising ?

Misses in recruitingP?

Go Irish ! Beat BC !

"I have lost all interest in this season. I will get excited again for the Irish as soon as Kelly is fired."

Well, looks like you will not be a fan or have any interest in ND until at least 2021! I think that is the end of Kelly's contract!

What restrictions? The academic restrictions talk is nothing but excuses! Who does ND want to recruit in 2018 or even in 2019 that will not be eligible to play at ND?

In the past 8 seasons, who has ND wanted to recruit but cannot because of academic issues?

I want concrete examples before you start making excuses.

The academic standard has been lowered since Lou left.

What restrictions? The academic restrictions talk is nothing but excuses! Who does ND want to recruit in 2018 or even in 2019 that will not be eligible to play at ND?

In the past 8 seasons, who has ND wanted to recruit but cannot because of academic issues?

I want concrete examples before you start making excuses.

The academic standard has been lowered since Lou left.

Stepp.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
As long as Kelly can win 7 or more games a season on a regular basis, most fans will be content. NC's just aren't in the cards like they used to be. ND prides itself on academics anyhow. Being a football factory isn't a top priority, nor should it be.

Reactions: Zorich 88
As long as Kelly can win 7 or more games a season on a regular basis, most fans will be content. NC's just aren't in the cards like they used to be. ND prides itself on academics anyhow. Being a football factory isn't a top priority, nor should it be.
The new fight song at ND is, at least Kelly's better than Davie, Ty and Charlie. Also, poor Faust still gets brought up.

Reactions: ndfi65
The new fight song at ND is, at least Kelly's better than Davie, Ty and Charlie. Also, poor Faust still gets brought up.

Why do you have such a difficult time dealing with some of the realities of life? ND has won 10 games in two out of the last three seasons. If Kelly were to leave, there is a real chance, probably a likelihood, that whomever would come next would have a record worse than Kelly. People throw the names of Faust, Davie, Willingham and Weis out there because ND was worse, during those years, than ND is now. You seem to think that anyone would walks the sidelines would be an improvement over Kelly. Not so.
Also, if you don't believe that ND's academic requirements keep ND from recruiting certain players, you are being quite unrealistic. Why don't you take some time and learn what the facts are before just shooting off your mouth?

Reactions: bizzybecknd
Why do you have such a difficult time dealing with some of the realities of life? ND has won 10 games in two out of the last three seasons. If Kelly were to leave, there is a real chance, probably a likelihood, that whomever would come next would have a record worse than Kelly. People throw the names of Faust, Davie, Willingham and Weis out there because ND was worse, during those years, than ND is now. You seem to think that anyone would walks the sidelines would be an improvement over Kelly. Not so.
Also, if you don't believe that ND's academic requirements keep ND from recruiting certain players, you are being quite unrealistic. Why don't you take some time and learn what the facts are before just shooting off your mouth?
You wanna bring up the past three seasons? Do we just pretend the middle season of the three year example didn't exist? Lost to Duke and Navy that season.

Kelly has a 2-9 record against top 20 teams on the road.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/107943228

Two games does not a season make. I am willing to wait and see what transpires.
Clown! So damn delusional 30 yrs after the last NC. All of you " We'll get em next yr" guys are clowns! This board for the most part, the coaching ineptitude, ND administration=TRASH

ND has achieved "Nothing" relevant outside of getting trounced in every major bowl we have played!

Guys like you pDICK44, NDSMC, and others attack anyone that does'nt stroke Kelly!
Guys like Bodi who I'm not fond of, yet he is no longer blind to the lack of commitment to winning this administration has shown.

I guess maybe 8 more yrs and guys like you will come around? Perhaps not?

Perhaps maybe you guys that defend all that is righteous with ND, are not as passionate as others? Or you would just rather speak down to those with opposing views to the status quo?

Laughable the lot of you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT