ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Kuechly retires at age 28

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Wow, Luke Kuechly just announced retirement at age 28. Great player- 7 time pro bowl selection

He’s had a few really bad concussions. He may be healthy now, but I’m not sure he’ll be at 50. Hope I’m wrong.

found this out a few days ago. Luke was one the young men I had the pleasure of mentoring through his recruiting process when he was in high school. Great,great player and an even better person. Hall of Fame worthy in my opinion.

He’s had a few really bad concussions. He may be healthy now, but I’m not sure he’ll be at 50. Hope I’m wrong.

He’s only 28, but he’s been involved in so many violent collisions that a player in his 30s might have accumulated. The amount of tackles, asssited tackles, primary contact possessions he’s been involved in is incredible, and this is going back to his college days as well.

Smart move given the current research on CTE and the prevalence of it in deceased football players. I believe that retirement ages for players who hit and get hit that often is going to come down...

Another reason for players (LISTEN UP GUYS) to chose a top school like Notre Dame -- where you can get a real degree that means something - Mendoza is still the highest ranked undergrad biz program -- and gain the smarts to grow and protect the dollars you made in the NFL -- not to mention a degree to move on to another profession.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
Smart move given the current research on CTE and the prevalence of it in deceased football players. I believe that retirement ages for players who hit and get hit that often is going to come down...

Another reason for players (LISTEN UP GUYS) to chose a top school like Notre Dame -- where you can get a real degree that means something - Mendoza is still the highest ranked undergrad biz program -- and gain the smarts to grow and protect the dollars you made in the NFL -- not to mention a degree to move on to another profession.

if a guy is fortunate to have an 8 year career - he needs a Financial Advisor far more than a ND degree!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT