Duke Likely Win 80%
Syracuse Likely Winn75%
Stanford Probable Loss 30%
Miami Likely Loss 55%
Navy Probable Win 85%
Army Probable Win 95%
Virginia Tech Pic em 50%
USC Pic em 50%

So based on my unscientific assessment of a 6-6 season. They also could win what the haters think every year 8-5.

I'm not buying that ND is 85% a sure bet to beat Navy. Navy is 5th in the nation in rushing offense while ND is 99th in the nation in rushing defense. Plus, ND cannot cover or tackle in open spaces. As it stands right now, based on what I saw in Austin and South Bend, there is a good shot Navy will run their way to making this game uncomfortably close. Unless a miracle on defense happens, this could be an upset special.

I'm not buying that ND is 85% a sure bet to beat Navy. Navy is 5th in the nation in rushing offense while ND is 99th in the nation in rushing defense. Plus, ND cannot cover or tackle in open spaces. As it stands right now, based on what I saw in Austin and South Bend, there is a good shot Navy will run their way to making this game uncomfortably close. Unless a miracle on defense happens, this could be an upset special.

Toby, as I stated this very unscientific. You are correct we may lose to Navy, Va Tech, USC and Stanford. If the team really gives up their could be a team like Syracuse beating the Irish. IMO the Irish Offense is a top tier offense compared to other programs. The problem is if they have an off game we have a problem

Toby, as I stated this very unscientific. You are correct we may lose to Navy, Va Tech, USC and Stanford. If the team really gives up their could be a team like Syracuse beating the Irish. IMO the Irish Offense is a top tier offense compared to other programs. The problem is if they have an off game we have a problem
Kelly will be on the hot seat if he molests a student or exposes himself in front of fair catch corny. Or if Jack grows a pair. Otherwise, he is not going anywhere

Reactions: Java65
Looking at the rest of schedule...

Duke Likely Win 80%
Syracuse Likely Winn75%
Miami Likely Loss 55%
Navy Probable Win 85%
Army Probable Win 95%
Virginia Tech Pic em 50%
USC Pic em 50%

So based on my unscientific assessment of a 6-6 season. They also could win what the haters think every year 8-5.

Hey zona, I wouldn't pencil in Navy and Army as wins. Navy has beaten ND 3 of 4 years already. Army is 3 and 0. Both run that triple option which gives teams fits. The way this Irish defense plays I would say every game is a potential loss.

Reactions: zonairish

Duke Likely Win 80%
Syracuse Likely Winn75%
Miami Likely Loss 55%
Navy Probable Win 85%
Army Probable Win 95%
Virginia Tech Pic em 50%
USC Pic em 50%

Duke 80%
Syracuse 75%
NC State 80%
Stanford 30%
Miami 50%
Navy 75%
Army 90%
VTech 50%
USC 50%

I don't think it would qualify as an upset if Navy beat Notre Dame. Could have won last year if their quarterback didn't get knocked out of the game. Navy = Brian Kelly coached Notre Dame team.

Based on what we all saw in the Texas and MSU games, I don't believe these lads are wired to give up on anything. I really believe the players will play hard till the bowl game, even if it is the Palooka Bowl, these kids will show. They could have easily checked out of Texas and MSU but they didn't. So now, it's on the staff to develop these players and give them a plan to compete and win. I support the players. The staff will not be getting any Xmas cards from me this season.

Reactions: Syd4ND
while Swarbrick is in charge the only way Kelly is on the hot seat is if he buys and electric toilet seat!

My, they do look dapper though!

Last edited:

Duke Likely Win 80%
Syracuse Likely Winn75%
Miami Likely Loss 55%
Navy Probable Win 85%
Army Probable Win 95%
Virginia Tech Pic em 50%
USC Pic em 50%

Wow. Now fans who are not happy with 8-5 are labeled as "haters".

You are a complainer and probably no matter who the Irish have as a coach would find a reason to say he is not the one because you think you have answers. you and others just insult people that take a more reasonable approach or are excited always about the Irish and just want them to win. pragmatic you are not.

Don't expect a miracle.

Haven't we beaten Navy five straight???

Maybe 5 straight, not sure. But my main point is they do have a recent history of beating ND and with the Irish defense struggling, nothing is a given.

It's the opposite of Olympic High Jump - here we lower the bar every time.

It looks like the new (unspoken) standard at ND appears to be......a "Bowl Invitation", something that Kelly should be able to accomplish easily - given his recruiting class rankings (example: ND recruiting classes are consistently ranked higher thsn MSU).

For those fans wanting a NC Title drive and are voicing their concerns, other posters may label them as 'haters' - for those posters there is no room for criticism, warranted or otherwise.

Reactions: scubavt and G_a_r_y

Duke Likely Win 80%
Syracuse Likely Winn75%
Miami Likely Loss 55%
Navy Probable Win 85%
Army Probable Win 95%
Virginia Tech Pic em 50%
USC Pic em 50%

Haters? Yea we hate going 8-5 because we are real ND fans.

I hate it when ND scores all their TDs in the opposite end zone from where I sit. I hate it when the waitress brings my salad with my dinner. I hate it when the car in front of me is doing the posted speed limit. I hate it when I'm waiting in a long line at the grocery store and they open a new line and a shopper who just arrives on the scene goes right in the new line. I hate it when I DVR a program and the show runs a minute or two over the recording time. I hate the thought of the Cubs blowing it and therefore, no parade to attend.

I'm actively rooting against this team for the rest of the year. I think the only way he's gone is if they lose out or possibly if they win 2 more. If not, the administration will stand behind this dope.

I'm actively rooting against this team for the rest of the year. I think the only way he's gone is if they lose out or possibly if they win 2 more. If not, the administration will stand behind this dope.

great response is so we are taught a lesson

1. BodizephaxI've posted how many times?
    Hopefully Swarbrick can convince Coach Kelly to step down after the season. I like Coach Kelly but I love the Irish and want to get to the next level.
    Coach Kelly has done a good job making the Irish job attractive again for the next coach. I hope the Irish can get a top notch outside hire but if they can't just hire Mike Denbrock.

I eat my crow in thinking this Irish team was destined for Greatness !

Hats off to Texas and Michigan State.

*** I will still cheer for the Irish for all their games but I might skip a few and won't get really interested until they become relevant again. I wish we could get a coach like Urban Meyer.

*** But I refuse to trash the current staff or team. I wish them all the success.

*** And God bless all of you Irish fans !

1 Bodizephax, Saturday at 11:32 PM
    captstabbin likes this.

I am not rooting against them. Kelly IMO is not the coach to take them to the next level but that does not mean he can't. It is just my opinion. In the meantime, he needs to either fire BVG or get involved heavily on that side of the ball and simplify things.

Reactions: perseverare
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT