ADVERTISEMENT

Why get rid of everyone

dohster

Shakes Down The Thunder
Jan 15, 2008
allowing the program to get rid/replace virtually everyone but not the HC is absolutely the worst move.. why wait another year to get rid of BK...then the new guy brings in all of his people...kids have to learn another system.. are they trying to kill 2018 also?

Reactions: Mpschiller
He is going to be here next year whether we like it or not. He knows his job is on the line. He is making necessary changes on the inaffective position coaches. If it isn't a success it may be his last year.

i like if the would clen house unfortunately kelly should be cleansed also

Reactions: cgvr
because it gives Kelly an excuse why they aren't good next year.

"Jack, you know this is the first year these kids were in this system, on offense, defense, and special teams. Hell, the strength and conditioning coach has only had one year with these kids."

"Brian, you're right. I could see how much they improved from last year. we went 6-6 this year and we're headed to the Rick's Party Store Bowl. I knew you wouldn't let me down."

Sum up all the threads for next season. "We lost too many games, we should have fired him last year." "He won just enough games to keep his job." "We had a great season and improved, now they will never fire him."

What's even funnier, is what company allows the guy that hired all these people fire all of these people without getting fired himself? seriously? He hired all of these incompetent people with his vast knowledge? OK, lets let him do it again, but all at the same time. Last time, he did it over the course of 7 years and couldn't make a decent hire. Let's see what he can do replacing all of these people once.

Trust me. Fleck is already on board. Jack has him lined up for next year. You think the hottest coach outside of T.H. doesn't interview or get offered a job after what he did at WM? Oregon hired a good coach with a losing record. This is a win win for Jack. Either Kelly saves his behind by turning it around, or he brings in the new guy.

Good get rid of the whole bunch of them. If you hired Elko let him bring in who he wants not who Kelly wants. Kelly basically has to turn this team over to his assistants and hope he hired the right people.I don't think Lou told his assistants how to coach.He knew they were good and let them do their thing.

While we are it, why trust Swarbrick to make the next hire?

I started a Thread a month ago that he should be fired.

Reactions: cgvr
What's even funnier, is what company allows the guy that hired all these people fire all of these people without getting fired himself? seriously? He hired all of these incompetent people with his vast knowledge? OK, lets let him do it again, but all at the same time. Last time, he did it over the course of 7 years and couldn't make a decent hire. Let's see what he can do replacing all of these people once.

Trust me. Fleck is already on board. Jack has him lined up for next year. You think the hottest coach outside of T.H. doesn't interview or get offered a job after what he did at WM? Oregon hired a good coach with a losing record. This is a win win for Jack. Either Kelly saves his behind by turning it around, or he brings in the new guy.
I doubt Kelly is gone after next year. No way ND is going to pay out the guys that just got fired then have to pay out the guys they just hired.

One thing ND has proven is that they care much more about $$$ than they do about their football program. As long as the money keeps rolling in they won't change a thing.

Reactions: HuddleBurger

Yeah .... Fletch is lined up for next year. He was such a hot commodity! Funny stuff.

allowing the program to get rid/replace virtually everyone but not the HC is absolutely the worst move.. why wait another year to get rid of BK...then the new guy brings in all of his people...kids have to learn another system.. are they trying to kill 2018 also?
What if Kelly would have kept his entire staff as it was and made no changes. You are telling me you would have been ok with that and would not have complained? Highly unlikely. Kelly has been given the opportunity, right or wrong, to right the ship. He is making changes he thinks will help.

Jack kept Kelly, we all have to get over that. Im happy to see he is making changes to the staff filled with lifelong friends that went getting the job done. this is a positive sign Kelly is able to get past his ego and hire what we hope are great position coaches that are game changers

What if Kelly would have kept his entire staff as it was and made no changes. You are telling me you would have been ok with that and would not have complained? Highly unlikely. Kelly has been given the opportunity, right or wrong, to right the ship. He is making changes he thinks will help.

I think the OP is just pissed in general -- he is pissed that ND kept Kelly, and now is pissed that Kelly is making necessary changes to his staff in order to, get better! Because, God forbid that any coach would want to do that.

Someone probably pissed in his Fruit Loops and now is just venting. Since everyone else seems to be pissed at Kelly, he figured he may as well join in.

This season was a season of change for me. Every 60 past seasons, I went into every game with both the hope and expectation that ND would win.
This season, I still went into every game with the hope that ND would win, but I. was able to seperate my false hopes with the actual reality of the sitiuation that ND under Kelly was a Patsy and the reality of the situation was that ND would find a way to lose.
So next season, I will go into every game hoping that My hope and reality coincide, but also relaxing and accepting the situation as it may be.
I can now relax and just watch every game without the frayed nerves and disappointments !

............Trust me. Fleck is already on board. Jack has him lined up for next year. Either Kelly saves his behind by turning it around, or he brings in the new guy.

"Jack" is as clueless as they come - which is the reason he not only hired Kelly - he extended Kelly to the (reported) tune of 6 years @ $4.5 million per year. Looks to me like JS has a man-crush on BK - which, if true, would explain the rationale behind all of this.

Kelly could go 6-6 in 2017 and JS would likely see that as an 'improvement' with ND then trending in the right direction (thanks of course to Kelly).

The key message in your thing is business. If this were a business....

If Jack were the general manager and Brian Kelly the sakes manager they both would have been fired the moment the GM (Jack)
Stayed with Brian Kelly.

You don't run anything like Notre Dame has here...not even a little league baseball organization is run with such incompetency.

This is being run in such a third rate level that the results speak for themselves.

It's always easier to hind sight losses but in Brian Kelly's case he's just dumb and no sense of feel.

Whom would you have hired after we fired Weis after the 2009 season (realistic possibilities only)?

Have not had time to look over the available candidates back then - but then again, that's Jack's job and responsibility - wouldn't you say?

The original 'hire' (of Kelly) was one thing - the 'TERM' of a 6 year extension was......unbelievable!

JS said (something to the effect) that he did not want to make a decision on Kelly's ND future based on 1 bad year (2016) - yet it appears that he extended him with an inordinate term (6 years) on 1 good year (2015)!

Have not had time to look over the available candidates back then - but then again, that's Jack's job and responsibility - wouldn't you say?

The original 'hire' (of Kelly) was one thing - the 'TERM' of a 6 year extension was......unbelievable!

JS said (something to the effect) that he did not want to make a decision on Kelly's ND future based on 1 bad year (2016) - yet it appears that he extended him with an inordinate term (6 years) on 1 good year (2015)!

No, that's intellectually dishonest. Your original comment states that Jack was clueless in hiring Kelly. That comment implies that you would not have hired Kelly at that time. That further implies that you had someone better in mind. So who was it?

No, that's intellectually dishonest. Your original comment states that Jack was clueless in hiring Kelly. That comment implies that you would not have hired Kelly at that time. That further implies that you had someone better in mind. So who was it?

My original post also referred to............"the extension" - greater emphasis on extension, compared to original hiring!

But hey, how about Franklin, Shaw or Mike McIntyre and at least interviewing Bill O'Brien?

Any other classic questions?

Last edited:
My original post also referred to............"the extension" - greater emphasis on extension, compared to original hiring!

But hey, how about Franklin, Shaw or Mike McIntyre and at least interviewing Bill O'Brien?

Any other classic questions?

I didn't ask about the extension. You stated that Jack was clueless in hiring Kelly back in 2009, did you not? I asked who your preferences were at the time. You obviously keep dodging my question and are unable to answer. So your remarks about Jack being clueless in hiring Kelly in 2009 are just idle and hollow message board bloviating. Fine. Got it.

I didn't ask about the extension. You stated that Jack was clueless in hiring Kelly back in 2009, did you not? I asked who your preferences were at the time. You obviously keep dodging my question and are unable to answer. So your remarks about Jack being clueless in hiring Kelly in 2009 are just idle and hollow message board bloviating. Fine. Got it.

ClueLess Classic - did you not read my reply (including the names of Shaw, Franklin, McIntyre and O'Brien)? Or is it more convenient for your argument to pretend I did not give you names?

Glad we have the ignore button - for ignorant posters = LOVE IT!

Last edited:

Still didn't answer the question. The question is very simple: back in 2009, whom were you hoping ND would hire to replace Weis? Are you suggesting that in 2009 you preferred Franklin (who was an assistant at Maryland), Shaw (who was an assistant at Stanford, his alma mater), MacIntyre (who was an assistant at Duke), and O'Brien (an assistant with the Patriots) to Kelly. That's a preposterous claim.

Reactions: Kelso86
ClueLess Classic - did you not read my reply (including the names of Shaw, Franklin, McIntyre and O'Brien)? Or is it more convenient for your argument to pretend I did not give you names?

Glad we have the ignore button - for ignorant posters = LOVE IT!

A classic instance of someone being called out and couldn't back up his BS with an answer---all talk and no thought. You call Swarbrick clueless for hiring Kelly in 2009. When asked which coaches you preferred to Kelly in 2009, you refuse to answer a simple question. So you throw out names of current HCs who were unknown assistant coaches in 2009. Talk about a credibility problem. What a babbling fool.

Look here classic Irish ..

BK came along and I think we all sort felt like this was a nice shot in the arm. Exactly what the program needed. He just came off back to back tremendous seasons at Cincinnati.

When he first got here it was all excitement. He brought his little gimmick hurry up offense and it helped. It was putting points up, etc. He was hungry, aggressive, etc.

My god that seems like a century ago doesn't it. What the **** happened?

None of the very things that he made his big splash with are nothing but a distant memory.

Hurry up offense, killer instinct...let's score 60 today mentality has given way to uncertainty, complacency, lazy uninspired football.

Ironically the teams that give us most trouble are the ones who push the pace and we've trouble getting a substitute rotation going. The VERY thing BK cut his teeth on doing in Cincinnati and here early on is all vanished.

The cumulative of all things is WHY he MUST be dismissed immediately❕❗

The program is not bound for repair but rather nothing but despair.

BK came along and I think we all sort felt like this was a nice shot in the arm. Exactly what the program needed. He just came off back to back tremendous seasons at Cincinnati.

When he first got here it was all excitement. He brought his little gimmick hurry up offense and it helped. It was putting points up, etc. He was hungry, aggressive, etc.

None of the very things that he made his big splash with are nothing but a distant memory.

Hurry up offense, killer instinct...let's score 60 today mentality has given way to uncertainty, complacency, lazy uninspired football.

Ironically the teams that give us most trouble are the ones who push the pace and we've trouble getting a substitute rotation going. The VERY thing BK cut his teeth on doing in Cincinnati and here early on is all vanished.

"When he first got here it was all excitement. He brought his little gimmick hurry up offense and it helped. It was putting points up, etc. He was hungry, aggressive, etc."

This is the point -- he was HUNGRY when he got here, and had that mentality through 2012 -- once he got to the NC game, his teams -- and his coaching -- have regressed. I think a lot of it came from his episodes early in the 2011 season when ND was committing turnovers a a rate equal to a rain storm -- and he was going ballistic -- and getting blasted by everyone from every angle for his outbursts.

I personally would like to see more fire and energy from him and the staff. Was an OSU game, a Michigan game, a Bama -- Harbaugh, Urban, hell, even Saban all get animated during a game -- I don't see anyone getting them about it. They say ND is "different", "need to act different"-- I say, hell no, not on the field we are not -- Kelly and staff are trying to do the same thing that all 120 D1 schools are -- trying to win games and shooting for a championship. I for one hope that he re-invents himself and gets back the hunger he had when he got here.

Reactions: Classic Irish

I wish I could "Like" this a 1000 times.

"When he first got here it was all excitement. He brought his little gimmick hurry up offense and it helped. It was putting points up, etc. He was hungry, aggressive, etc."

This is the point -- he was HUNGRY when he got here, and had that mentality through 2012 -- once he got to the NC game, his teams -- and his coaching -- have regressed. I think a lot of it came from his episodes early in the 2011 season when ND was committing turnovers a a rate equal to a rain storm -- and he was going ballistic -- and getting blasted by everyone from every angle for his outbursts.

I personally would like to see more fire and energy from him and the staff. Was an OSU game, a Michigan game, a Bama -- Harbaugh, Urban, hell, even Saban all get animated during a game -- I don't see anyone getting them about it. They say ND is "different", "need to act different"-- I say, hell no, not on the field we are not -- Kelly and staff are trying to do the same thing that all 120 D1 schools are -- trying to win games and shooting for a championship. I for one hope that he re-invents himself and gets back the hunger he had when he got here.

I don't see the post to which you're replying (must have that poster on ignore), but I agree: Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer, etc... regularly lose their cool on the sidelines, and nobody makes an issue of it. There are other reasons for criticizing Kelly's coaching but criticizing Kelly for that is pure nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT