ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Why 2026 DE Jerimy Finch saw value in visiting Notre Dame again this week

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame football 2026 defensive end target Jerimy "JJ" Finch Jr. returned to campus on Saturday for his second visit this week after visiting on Monday.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound defender is listed as a defensive tackle by Rivals, but the Irish offered him on Pot of Gold Day as a defensive end and will recruit him moving forward at that position.

Finch attends Indianapolis Warren Central and is teammates with 2025 DE target Damien Shanklin. Finch holds eight total offers including Notre Dame, Central Michigan, Indiana, Louisville, Toledo and Western Michigan.

As a sophomore, Finch registered 41 tackles (23 solo) including 14 for loss in Class 6A. He also recorded three sacks, forced two fumbles, and had one fumble recovery. He recorded one pass breakup and a blocked field goal.

I spoke with Finch on Saturday evening to learn why he felt it was necessary to return for the second time this week, who is playing the biggest role in his recruitment and more.

On why he returned:

"Just the bond with the coaches [and] the atmosphere really," Finch told Inside ND Sports. "That's why it really drew me back to come back up there."

On what he saw during the scrimmage:

"They played very physical and fast [and] [defensive line] coach [Al] Washington ... he really is like into the game. He's not just chilling, he really gets with it."

On head coach Marcus Freeman:

"It's really good with coach Freeman, he's a good man. I got nothing bad to say about him, really. He just knows how to talk with people with our background."

From my time speaking with Finch, he is very business-like in a similar way to 2025 DE commit Christopher Burgess Jr. Finch is focused on football, the coaches and the program. He also mentioned the staff has communicated with him about how every Irish player is set up for success outside of football with the education they receive while attending ND.

Finch has not yet received a rating or ranking from Rivals. He said Notre Dame is right down the road so continuing to build a relationship is a priority for him heading into his junior season.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG BOZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News