ADVERTISEMENT

Who Wins the Heisman Trophy This Year?

Dec 7, 2007
I guess the money will be on either Cameron Ward or Dillon Gabriel, but I think Ashton Jeanty is the most exciting player in CFB. Haven't seen his combination of strength, power and speed in a long time. He's sort of a shorter version of Derrick Henry, but pound for pound is probably stronger. There are stories of him doing 320 lb. bench presses and 600 lb. squats. I don't know what his 40 time will end up being at the NFL Combine, but he looks plenty fast. During one run this season he was clocked at 22 mph+. That is smoking fast. And by all accounts he is a great kid. Grew up as a military brat, so was sort of off the radar when being recruited. ESPN had a story that said he turned down some big NIL offers to stay at Boise State this year. I know the RB position is devalued in today's NFL, but it will interesting to see how high he goes. The knock on his measurables is his height, but that hasn't seemed to stop him.

Cam Ward right now. Jeanty struggled last night and he has no opponents left that will move the needle. But lot of time left

Travis Hunter is a star player on offense and defense. Hard to compete with that kind of production.

Cam Ward right now. Jeanty struggled last night and he has no opponents left that will move the needle. But lot of time left
Yeah, he struggled a bit against UNLV, but still ran for 128 yards. His next 4 games are against conference opponents, so I don't think the quality of the opponent matters as much as him just racking up the yards. If he goes off Barry Sanders' single season records are in reach, but that will be a tall order.

Yeah, he struggled a bit against UNLV, but still ran for 128 yards. His next 4 games are against conference opponents, so I don't think the quality of the opponent matters as much as him just racking up the yards. If he goes off Barry Sanders' single season records are in reach, but that will be a tall order.
Only 3.9 ypc so that's pretty terrible. And the competition is too weak coming up

The only reason he might get close to Barry is if he plays 13 games. Barry did it in 11.

That 11 game record will never be touched

Really, he's that prolific? I didn't realize he was going to run for 2500 yards. If that's the case then he's an easy and worthy winner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT