ADVERTISEMENT

Which streaming services have NBC? Cutting the cable but still need ND.

I’m thinking of trying Sling TV. Does anyone have it and watch ND home games through the service? PS Vue maybe?

I have Sling and love it, but I typically watch the games on the local NBC affiliate. Look into Tablo as well - it’s basically a DVR for digital antennas. If you spend $20-30 on a good digital antenna you will be able to record and watch local TV in addition to whatever a la carte programming on Sling.

I have 20+ channels with a digital antenna, and there are HD options.

I’m thinking of trying Sling TV. Does anyone have it and watch ND home games through the service? PS Vue maybe?
go to the playstation vue site and check out the packages that they have to choose from. I have had vue for a while now and love it. I get between 70 and 80 channels and only pay 40 something every month. buy a roku to use it and you are all set. tried sling tv once but didn't get the big ten channel and some others that vue offers. try both and see which you like best since both services allow you to cancel whenever you want without having to sign two year or so contracts like dish and directv

NBC sports app.
ESPN app
and just about all the networks have apps.
Of course you still need an internet network provider. Unfortunately you still log in through the app, so I do not know if an internet account alone gives access to the programs in the apps.

Has anyone cut cord and tried with just an internet access only account?

NBC sports app.
ESPN app
and just about all the networks have apps.
Of course you still need an internet network provider. Unfortunately you still log in through the app, so I do not know if an internet account alone gives access to the programs in the apps.

Has anyone cut cord and tried with just an internet access only account?

I did sort of. I pay for internet and I pay for my parents cable services, they live in another state and I stream all my sports via the apps on the cable service that I pay for. I also purchased an HD antenna and if you live in a area with good reception you get about 40-50 channels. You can also purchase the mobile apps as a standalone product and you can cast it to your TV.

Reactions: d1042
We tried all of them and settled on Playstation Vue. Free unlimited DVR cloud is great and easy to use. Plus they have a great sports package including RedZone.

I did sort of. I pay for internet and I pay for my parents cable services, they live in another state and I stream all my sports via the apps on the cable service that I pay for. I also purchased an HD antenna and if you live in a area with good reception you get about 40-50 channels. You can also purchase the mobile apps as a standalone product and you can cast it to your TV.

thank you. And, kudos for your forward thinking.

I have a $40 digital antenna on my roof with an amplifier and get NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX. Had to run a new wire from the antenna to the TV to improve signal and now everything comes in clear. Plus you get 4 extra channels for every local channel.

I have an old ( direct tv sat dish on the roof. Can that be adapted as an antenna?

I tried that a few years ago with a Leaf antenna. I got nothing.
If you got nothing with a good HD antenna, you either live in BFE or did it wrong? If you want to pay for internet and streaming service, you may be better off with cable. I cut the cable years ago and stick to it by not paying for anything other than internet... I don't get when people say the 'cut the cable' but have $60 month in hulu, netflix and sling (or any other service) plus their internet.....

Reactions: zro pts4u
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT