ADVERTISEMENT

Which players injured

I think this could turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory and in a month or two we would gladly return half of our points in exchange for at least one less major injury.

Schrauth in a walking boot: Sounds like the kind of injury that could cost him the rest of the season. Broken ankle? Torn ligaments. Didn't look good.

Botelho: Taken out on a cart; almost looked like his right knee was dislocated. I assume he's done for the year.

Craig: Looked to be in real pain, but at least he wasn't on the sidelines with his knee immobilized, so maybe we got lucky there.

I’m really bummed for Botelho. I think he was better than what the pundits said about last year. Was hoping for a breakout.
Agree. Botelho was really coming on. He was a monster.

He should be able to secure a medical redshirt for this season. Maybe he comes back for 2025?

Rumor has it Botelho and Craig are done for the season. If true, this is terrible news.

Rumor has it Botelho and Craig are done for the season. This is terrible news.
I don't think it's surprising, though I was hoping Craig may have dodged a really bad injury because he was sitting on the sidelines without his knee wrapped up.

My “guess” is that we’ll be playing Rocco at RG and Coogan at Center for the rest of this season. We’re fortunate to have the experience both bring to the table, but losing Craig and Schrauth will be a major blow to what was already considered our weakest link. Hope I’m wrong.
I didn’t see an obvious cause for Botelho’s injury, so I’m assuming torn ligaments or tendon’s or ruptured knee cap, etc…. But, Losing Botelho is devastating for him personally, and for the defense. He has finally grown into the player folks anticipated seeing the past two years. He was playing exceptionally well, and looked like a physical and disciplined disruptive force, instead of the Wildman running all over the place with numerous missed assignments. It will be interesting to see what Golden comes up with to minimize his loss.
Can’t overstate the impact of these three injuries on the team, but also for the individual players themselves. Each was poised to excel. Prayers for each.

My “guess” is that we’ll be playing Rocco at RG and Coogan at Center for the rest of this season. We’re fortunate to have the experience both bring to the table, but losing Craig and Schrauth will be a major blow to what was already considered our weakest link. Hope I’m wrong.
I didn’t see an obvious cause for Botelho’s injury, so I’m assuming torn ligaments or tendon’s or ruptured knee cap, etc…. But, Losing Botelho is devastating for him personally, and for the defense. He has finally grown into the player folks anticipated seeing the past two years. He was playing exceptionally well, and looked like a physical and disciplined disruptive force, instead of the Wildman running all over the place with numerous missed assignments. It will be interesting to see what Golden comes up with to minimize his loss.
Can’t overstate the impact of these three injuries on the team, but also for the individual players themselves. Each was poised to excel. Prayers for each.
You're right- we're really fortunate to have Coogan and Rocco. Would love to see these guys really step up and seize the opportunity to earn a shot at the NFL.

The scary thing is- we're 3 games in and probably our 3 best OL are out. Depth is critical.

You're right- we're really fortunate to have Coogan and Rocco. Would love to see these guys really step up and seize the opportunity to earn a shot at the NFL.

The scary thing is- we're 3 games in and probably our 3 best OL are out. Depth is critical.
Indeed. They weren't good enough to get the full-fledged starting job when their turn came. But they're certainly decent enough players. Experienced and ready to go!

Reactions: IrishMike409
Indeed. They weren't good enough to get the full-fledged starting job when their turn came. But they're certainly decent enough players. Experienced and ready to go!
Gotta hope they're focused and pissed off. They've got experience, size, and a skill set. We know they can do good things.

Hope they can play 9 games of great football.

Reactions: Telx1
Gotta hope they're focused and pissed off. They've got experience, size, and a skill set. We know they can do good things.

Hope they can play 9 games of great football.
I'm no expert, I don't know how to grade OL film. But you probably could have made the case, I'd venture to say if you had been an observer during fall practice that they should have been starters from the beginning. And the coaches decided to go with a youth movement instead. Rocco has plenty of ability but is a bit of a flake, and Coogan doesn't have as much upside as Craig. So this may not be much of a step down at all. I guess Schrauth was considered a high-riser and that's who Rocco's replacing. But same difference....

Reactions: IrishMike409
I'm no expert, I don't know how to grade OL film. But you probably could have made the case, I'd venture to say if you had been an observer during fall practice that they should have been starters from the beginning. And the coaches decided to go with a youth movement instead. Rocco has plenty of ability but is a bit of a flake, and Coogan doesn't have as much upside as Craig. So this may not be much of a step down at all. I guess Schrauth was considered a high-riser and that's who Rocco's replacing. But same difference....
Those guys gotta play 9 games of good football. Maybe less with Schrauth maybe coming back in a few weeks.

Coogan isn't elite, but I trust him.

Rocco has size and ability. This is his chance to make one more run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT