ADVERTISEMENT

What changes would you make, seeing thst Kelly is staying

NonCents

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2009
Spain
I posted this elsewhere but would like yo get other poster opinions.....

I'm not an analyst by any means but since Kelly appears that he's going to stay, here's the obvious of what should happen as far as I'm concerned:

Hire a DC that can turn the defense around immediately. Don't give me an "it can't be done" response, because it definitely can with the right hire and putting players in position to succeed, such as putting players in their positions, etc. Turn the defensive line loose a little more. More press/man in the secondary. Disguise blitzes and where they come from, etc. Part of the lack of success was in the lack of execution and disguise.

New TE/ST coach. Move Denbrock to coach TE, and figure out who to put with ST, or hire someone for that specifically.

New S&C coach. ND improved physically during the first few years with Longo but they've hit a wall. It's STUPID that ND tires out, has no push, etc, especially in the second half of games, no matter if it's Ohio State or UMASS.

Kelly needs to stop trying to be everywhere. Let his DC run the defense. Give someone the OC (maybe Sanford) and let that coach actually run the offense and not just have the OC title. Kelly should be the head coach and just go focus on whatever needs help each week. Like tackling. Quit trying to micromanage every damn thing. That takes some responsibility away, gives others a sense of purpose, and then maybe his blaming would be justified if things go to sh1t. Kelly will obviously have the final call on offensive/defensive playcalling, but let the people you hire for the positions do their damn job.

Keep Lyght, Denson, Gilmore, Hiestand. Let Booker go so he can better his craft at another school. He's not ready for ND as a coach.

I'm on the fence about everyone else.

Reactions: Gkcrabb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News