ADVERTISEMENT

What a year to become an Irish fan....

Jan 3, 2010
Long story short, Catholic convert, sponsor is a huge ND guy, (Good Catholics support ND! Was there something about that in the fine print of all the paperwork I signed?) so I decided to start following them this season, was excited about backing a top 10 team for a change (Texas Tech and Tulsa U alum) even drove to Austin (live in Houston) for the UT game, bought the shirts, hats, etc, so I guess you could say I'm the "bad luck guy" - (you millennials, see: Celtic Pride)

I feel like I should apologize, what are the frickin odds that the most storied team in college football starts off 1-3 the year I jump on the bandwagon?!?! But hey, 11 national titles, though, amiright? (Is that how you do it?)

Round about way of introducing myself, and oh go ND, beat Syracuse!.....please...

Reactions: Ara64
Any year is a great year to support the lads. These young people put in the hours of studies and football and don't go out on the field with the intention of starting 1-3. They need to be developed, nurtured, instructed, and put in a position to be competitive. Support the players and never give up on them. Feel what you want about the adults running the show, but never give up on the Notre Dame student-athletes. That's my policy at least.

Long story short, Catholic convert, sponsor is a huge ND guy, (Good Catholics support ND! Was there something about that in the fine print of all the paperwork I signed?) so I decided to start following them this season, was excited about backing a top 10 team for a change (Texas Tech and Tulsa U alum) even drove to Austin (live in Houston) for the UT game, bought the shirts, hats, etc, so I guess you could say I'm the "bad luck guy" - (you millennials, see: Celtic Pride)

I feel like I should apologize, what are the frickin odds that the most storied team in college football starts off 1-3 the year I jump on the bandwagon?!?! But hey, 11 national titles, though, amiright? (Is that how you do it?)

Round about way of introducing myself, and oh go ND, beat Syracuse!.....please...

welcome:
what we fans have discovered about ourselves as ND fans is that 'we don't become, we are'.
So, you did not really 'become', you are just realizing your inevitable destiny.
One last thing, this is, regardless of the quibbling you will surely read here, truly a 'band of brothers' (and sisters), and for us, and now you, there is no escape, no getting out: 'you are'.

Reactions: Hammerof1God
Thanks fellas, I've enjoyed reading up on the vast history of ND and of course remember Holtz's teams in the 80s. I listen to "Dr. Lou" regularly on SiriuxXM as I travel a lot for work. Class act. Love the line he regularly uses "There's never a right time to do the wrong thing, and never a wrong time to do the right." Though, this Kelly guy I'm not quite sold on, reminds me of Belichik for some reason with his press conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT