ADVERTISEMENT

Watch the Kansas State vs Alabama game !

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
My cousins son is playing defensive end for KState !
He was a walkon who earned a scholarship and has had six sacks this year.
Here is an interview after the West Virginia game where he had three sacks !

Bama is going down !

He seems like a good kid giving credit to his teammate, bodi. I’ll be watching and rooting for him during his career (especially this bowl season)😜

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
He seems like a good kid giving credit to his teammate, bodi. I’ll be watching and rooting for him during his career (especially this bowl season)😜
He is a very positive kid who has GREAT belief in himself. He was a tall skinny athletic kid at 6'5" 218 lbs. He worked his a$$ off in the weightroom and is now 6'5" 245 lbs of muscle. His Dad was a late bloomer too. He went from 6'4" 210 lbs (he played for Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl as a freshman at that weight). He ended up 6'4" 250 lbs and broke Andre Tippetts overall TFL record and holds it to this day. He went on to play 4 years in the NFL and led the Jets in tackles his rookie year.

*** Brendan is #38. He was redshirted in 2019. Played one game in the Texas bowl in 2020 against LSU and made a tackle.
In 2021 he played one game.
In 2022 he played in all 13 games and made six sacks. Besides his three sacks against West Virginia he had five tackles against Texas.

*** He is still developing and he still has another two seasons because of Covid. But hopes to have a HUGE year next year and get drafted !
And to showcase his talents against Alabama Bryce Young a heisman winner and all the five stars at Alabama !

*** This all started in Upstate New York where his Dad and his brother and me and my brothers played ! It was cool because my brothers and I played for a top team that was rivals against Brendans Dads team but we all got together for a big family and friends party after the game we played against each other which was of course the last game of the season.

Go Irish !! And go JayHawks !!

I lived in Kansas for a while, I will always pull for K-State.
How did you like it. I used o work on a spray train that went through Kansas alot. It was so flat (unreal). The whole time I was working I was looking for twisters because it was spring and the weather was bad at the time. Have you seen a twister? We get plenty of them in Mississippi and one hit my town three years ago. Did you know Mississippi gets more twisters per square foot than any State in the country?

He is a very positive kid who has GREAT belief in himself. He was a tall skinny athletic kid at 6'5" 218 lbs. He worked his a$$ off in the weightroom and is now 6'5" 245 lbs of muscle. His Dad was a late bloomer too. He went from 6'4" 210 lbs (he played for Hawkeyes in the Rose Bowl as a freshman at that weight). He ended up 6'4" 250 lbs and broke Andre Tippetts overall TFL record and holds it to this day. He went on to play 4 years in the NFL and led the Jets in tackles his rookie year.

*** Brendan is #38. He was redshirted in 2019. Played one game in the Texas bowl in 2020 against LSU and made a tackle.
In 2021 he played one game.
In 2022 he played in all 13 games and made six sacks. Besides his three sacks against West Virginia he had five tackles against Texas.

*** He is still developing and he still has another two seasons because of Covid. But hopes to have a HUGE year next year and get drafted !
And to showcase his talents against Alabama Bryce Young a heisman winner and all the five stars at Alabama !

*** This all started in Upstate New York where his Dad and his brother and me and my brothers played ! It was cool because my brothers and I played for a top team that was rivals against Brendans Dads team but we all got together for a big family and friends party after the game we played against each other which was of course the last game of the season.

Go Irish !! And go JayHawks !!
Looking forward to watching your relative play. Great story.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Just watched a piece on Duggan. What a stud. Grew up
Bailing hay. Total blue collar guy. He and Bennett just gracious tough competitive humble guys. I hope they both win today.

Kansas st is going to be in for a rude awakening.
It wont be a rude awakening. They are smart coaches and players who know how GREAT Alabama is. I am surprised at you for thinking that it would be a rude awakening. I thought your IQ was over 90.

*** That said, KState is going to play like it is their SuperBowl.
Alabama not so much.

It wont be a rude awakening. They are smart coaches and players who know how GREAT Alabama is. I am surprised at you for thinking that it would be a rude awakening. I thought your IQ was over 90.

*** That said, KState is going to play like it is their SuperBowl.
Alabama not so much.
Don’t get me wrong. I would love to see KSU win. I just think Bama will come to play. But we shall see.I don’t get the IQ comment. Is that really necessary? Seriously? I just offer my opinion like everyone else. Nothing more.

Don’t get me wrong. I would love to see KSU win. I just think Bama will come to play. But we shall see.I don’t get the IQ comment. Is that really necessary? Seriously? I just offer my opinion like everyone else. Nothing more.
I am sorry for the insult. I was typing and thinking too fast. You are a excellent poster !

No sweat. You keep the board lively and I always enjoy your take on things. It’s all good as the saying goes.
Thanks tkirish. Brendan Mott got a QB hurry against Bryce Young and was the first defensive player announced by the announcers ! Showing good quickness !

Reactions: tkirish
It's crazy that Saban hasn't lost more than 2 games since 2010 (13 years) while playing in a stacked conference.

They have 2 losses this season and Down 10-7 now in the 1st

It's crazy that Saban hasn't lost more than 2 games since 2010 (13 years) while playing in a stacked conference.

and you are in mourning.
we get it

Like how some here were all praising Kelly when LSU beat Alabama
IN A YEAR WHEN THAT MEANT NOTHING

What do you think of all the Walkons and 2 stars for KState battling the 5 star Alabama team?

This game is a perfect example about why it’s so important to get the top end talent. KSU outplayed Alabama for most of us have it should’ve been up at the half but I couldn’t make the big plays even though everything else was perfect. In today’s college football world to win those two playoff games against almost assuredly elite top and talent and most likely also an elite quarterback is so, so difficult unless you have that top and tell him to pack and make up for mistakes and thar can create something out of nothing.

Also, Bryce Young is an absolute magician at quarterback. If he were 6’2 or 6’3 instead of 5’11, he’d be seen as an absolute generational quarterback. The scouts got it just right when they were evaluating between him and Uiagalelei—DJ has the height, physicality, arm strength though Young has a good arm, but Young has everything else: pocket presence, vision, escapability, and of course reading a defense.

It’s just an impossible run even with the talent he’s gotten even though he didn’t have the same type of talent at the beginning of this run.

What do you think of Kstate being the only top 10 team full of walkons and 2 stars?
Coaching and development and great recruiting. It takes a touger eye to get a player that is not in the spotlight
Also, they get alot of players whose Dads played in the NFL. These players come from rich families that can afford all kinds of training for their sons by the best.
This thread started with a player Brendan Mott whose Dad played in the NFL. Obviuosly Kurt Warners son is making a difference at receiver. There is also a player whose Dad played in the NHL (HOCKEY) who one of the assistant coaches knew personally and told the coach.
There are others.
So Genetics is another answer.

*** Thanks for the question
Edited----Maybe the Kansas State teams have better play callers than Bama. Saban and staff seems to be slipping.

Last edited:
What do you think of Kstate being the only top 10 team full of walkons and 2 stars?
Obviously 5 stars trump walkons, though.

I have a question for you. What do you think of KSate being aggressive against Alabama instead of Brian Kelly just trying to keep the margin of victory down like when ND played Alabama last?

Considering the talent gap they should win by about 6 TDs.
Nothing to brag about; sort of like all those games Alabama schedules against patsies
Bama has a massive talent gap on 97% of the country.

ND can’t talk about the weak schedules of others. Jack purposely teamed up with weak ACC teams like Syracuse and Virginia then loaded up with more crap like UNLV and Bowling Green.

I don’t see much difference between ND Bama in scheduling.

Reactions: baron100
Those that worship the star system hate games like this since it craps all over their religion.
35-10. ND and KSU will never sniff the national title game going forward. The 5/4 star programs will dominate. Kelly didn’t leave for money. He left so he could recruit great players.

Theres levels to this. And Bama is on a different level than KSU
TCU deserves its playoff spot but Alabama is clearly one of the four best teams; probably only Georgia gets favored over the ride on a neutral field. UGa vs. ALA and UM vs. OSU would have been fun to watch.

Reactions: baron100

Theres levels to this. And Bama is on a different level than KSU
Obviously they are on a different level. Obvious. I really just posted this to let the board Brendan Mott (my cousin and good friend son is playing (starting defensive end) #38 is playing for Kansas State and what an exciting moment it is to play a team like Alabama.

Obviously they are on a different level. Obvious. I really just posted this to let the board Brendan Mott (my cousin and good friend son is playing (starting defensive end) #38 is playing for Kansas State and what an exciting moment it is to play a team like Alabama.
We’re glad you did. Adds another element to watching the game. Alabama must have a lot of respect for Brendan as he’s being double teamed by two tree trunks, 55 and 65, on every passing play. He’s having a tough time but the added attention he’s getting should open up an opportunity for a blitz, but KS is just way overmatched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT