ADVERTISEMENT

W or L, Same Old Kelly Coached team

I won't call it luck, but it did require a Herculean effort by Manti...He played so well in pass coverage that half the time, he'd bail out the rest of the team by making a key pick to prevent the D from breaking.

Reactions: 3ptstr
win or lose: by Tuesday you be convinced ND blew UT out. Or you will be berated with obsenities

As bad as we are playing were only down 7. Could be much worse but we have to figure out what the hell our problem is

Same ignorant posts from people who have know clue about coaching... That is besides the fact you have some ND hater named Sarah Palin with 3 posts writing this o_O

Everyone needs to relax. It's the first game. There are always issues. Texas playing Chip Kelly football and ND having a hard time getting set. With that said and Texas playing well, I still think ND finds a way to win. Kizer will be the starter from here on out. I like Zaire. He has a ton of ability. However, Kizer is the overall better QB. They key for and ND win will be to stop the Texas offense. Easy to say , I know. But so far ND hasn't blitzed hardly at all. I look for the Irish defense to come out attacking. If they do they will turn the tide. Still, ND will find a way. The only thing that matters is getting the win.

^ yep

listen to him: things are under control. BVG's strategy is to tire the UT WR's out then tighten coverage in the 4th QTR when Kizer brings ND back from 21 down!

This game is hilarious, with the ridiculous 2-QB carousel experiment killing all momentum. Good times! Remember when ND first hired Kelly & everyone thought he was an offensive genius? Too bad he no longer has Bob Diaco & Charlie Weis' leftover players.

^ yep

listen to him: things are under control. BVG's strategy is to tire the UT WR's out then tighten coverage in the 4th QTR when Kizer brings ND back from 21 down!

Pers, really? Live your sarcasm but it is the first game. There are many unknowns. ND can and I still think believe will win. The first drive of the 3rd quarter is key. Let's just see what happens.

I admit it looks bad. I'm not one to disappear after a prediction. Plenty of time left. But the Irish have to step it up on defense. Kizer needs to play the rest of the way. Fingers crossed .

Brian Kelly checks too many boxes for the ND administration. Graduates players, wins 8 games a year, deals with all the academic/disciplinary restrictions. The "elite college football team" check box is somewhere way down on the list. Sucks for us football fans.

If Kizer gets ND the lead, then it is over! but the D needs to just hold till Kizer gets the lead

Brian Kelly checks too many boxes for the ND administration. Graduates players, wins 8 games a year, deals with all the academic/disciplinary restrictions. The "elite college football team" check box is somewhere way down on the list. Sucks for us football fans.
Yea, I don't blame Kelly for not winning a NC because given the restrictions placed by on football by the administration I think it's nearly impossible. That said I think ND should win at least 9 games a year.

Well I really thought they would pull it out. I was wrong. The offense will be fine. Unless they find a defense it's gonna be a long year. Texas played inspired. They have a good team. But NDs poor defense made them look better than they are. Still, losing this game sucks. But if your going to lose, do it in the first week. Still have time to rebound. There is no shame losing to Texas. The shame ,if any , is how bad the defense looked. For me that's going to be the issue all year.

Well I really thought they would pull it out. I was wrong. The offense will be fine. Unless they find a defense it's gonna be a long year. Texas played inspired. They have a good team. But NDs poor defense made them look better than they are. Still, losing this game sucks. But if your going to lose, do it in the first week. Still have time to rebound. There is no shame losing to Texas. The shame ,if any , is how bad the defense looked. For me that's going to be the issue all year.
Agreed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT