ADVERTISEMENT

Very Proud Of The Irish Today!

IrishInOntario

I've posted how many times?
Feb 21, 2009
Ian Book, Chase Claypool, Tony Jones, Kyle Hamilton, JOK, Kareem, the offensive line, Clark Lea and entire defense.

Navy is undersized. They have average athletes. They run a gimmicky scheme. They cut block you and talk a ton of shit when they get you on the ground. They're scrappy and play hard.... And you've embarrassed Perry thus far and their secondary so far. Very, very, very well done.

Your standing on their throats... Now step down and until their is no oxygen left, then show some class in the 4th quarter and gets your back ups a couple drives.

P.S.... Credit where it's due. I'm hard on Ian Book about his deep ball accuracy, but he's thrown two beautiful ones today. Great job Ian.

Go Irish!

Ian Book, Chase Claypool, Tony Jones, Kyle Hamilton, JOK, Kareem, the offensive line, Clark Lea and entire defense.

Navy is undersized. They have average athletes. They run a gimmicky scheme. They cut block you and talk a ton of shit when they get you on the ground. They're scrappy and play hard.... And you've embarrassed Perry thus far and their secondary so far. Very, very, very well done.

Your standing on their throats... Now step down and until their is no oxygen left, then show some class in the 4th quarter and gets your back ups a couple drives.

P.S.... Credit where it's due. I'm hard on Ian Book about his deep ball accuracy, but he's thrown two beautiful ones today. Great job Ian.

Go Irish!
I am very proud of the Irish every day ! We just beat Vtech and Duke and about to beat Navy and all I hear is crying !
Whay have you not been bragging about Claypool all season??? He is Great ! So Is Ian Book ! Go Irish !
F the FPI charts !!

Nobody else notice when NDs skill players are much better than the opposition ian book suddenly looks like a great quarterback?

imagine if he had top 25/top 50/top 100 players 2 deep at RB and the 3 WR positions like all those other top programs who all make their quarterback look like peyton manning every week....Book would be looking good even when the competition level was at its highest

Nobody else notice when NDs skill players are much better than the opposition ian book suddenly looks like a great quarterback?

imagine if he had top 25/top 50/top 100 players 2 deep at RB and the 3 WR positions like all those other teams at the top who all make their quarterback

I think when he wasn’t seeing the open WR’s earlier in the year, it frustrated everyone (including me). Even with top 50 WR’s, there’s no help for that.

Reactions: DublinND

imagine if he had top 25/top 50/top 100 players 2 deep at RB and the 3 WR positions like all those other top programs who all make their quarterback look like peyton manning every week....Book would be looking good even when the competition level was at its highest

There is a difference between guys not being able to get open, and missing guys that are clearly wide open.

Ian's improvements have come from him trusting the pocket MUCH more over the past few weeks and keeping his eyes downfield to throw the passes that are open, and have been open in every game this year, including a few in the Georgia game.

Ian Book has better skilled talent surrounding him than all but all but a few teams in the country. He's playing the game at a much higher level now. It started in the Virginia Tech game when he kept his eyes downfield and had quiet feet in the pocket.

I think when he wasn’t seeing the open WR’s earlier in the year, it frustrated everyone (including me). Even with top 50 WR’s, there’s no help for that.

A player typically has a very similar approach. Sometimes even when your approach is there, the results aren't.

Every QB makes poor choices, misses reads, misses an open WR, etc.

This reminds me of baseball when reliable hitters start slumping, most of them say that they have the very same exact approach, and that as long as they keep their approach their numbers will be there at the end of the year.

But fans watching those same players when they are slumping will pile on with all kinds of criticism "his elbow is down" .. "he's not swing through the zone" .. "he's late on inside stuff" .. etc. etc. everybody wants a reason .. but sometimes the answer simply is that that's how the ball bounces sometime.

I don't see anything different in Ian Book's approach. I see a guy whose skill players are simply much better than the opposition which gives him a much bigger window with which to throw the football through to his targets.

But that's just me.

ALL players look terrible when their numbers/production isn't where expected. Even the biggest superstars in the game. Even if those players are doing NOTHING different.

Point of this post is to remind people that what you think you see and what you feel doesn't always mean that it's correct. And that as humans we naturally tend to be subjective, emotional, and bias and it affects how we see and evaluate performance. Myself included.

Tyler Buchner had 3 running and 3 passing touchdowns last night in their playoff win. How about him, Chase?

Reactions: DublinND

You said Navy was going to beat the Irish ! Eat your crow and shut the F up !

When he trusts the pocket and settles his feet, he reads the defense much better, is more confident with his accuracy and is on-time with his throws.

When he doesn’t trust the pocket, he’s making one read and if it’s not there, he either takes off or he hurries his feet and throwing motion to the point that his passes aren’t very accurate.

Multiple teams and coaches have echoed that getting a couple early hits/pressure on him takes him off of his game. Navy tried to do that early, but it blew up in their face because he stayed put, trusted his protection and delivered a confident throw.

It’s almost as if they’re playing against a bunch of kids who don’t go to school for football or something.

You said Navy was going to beat the Irish ! Eat your crow and shut the F up !

I called a loss to Navy and I was wrong. *eats crow*

Boston College and Stanford are ranked way down in the 80s this year so ND should finish 10-2 against one of the worst schedules I think I've ever seen at Notre Dame as a fan.

USC #27
Georgia #7
Michigan #15
Navy #21

were the only games on the schedule this year that had any sort of resume. after this blowout loss navy should slide way down somewhere in the 30s. the other 8 teams were ranked down in the 50s-130s (most of them towards the back half of that range)

this has to be the most disappointing 10 win ND teams i recall witnessing maybe all time .. and despite being 10-2 I fully expect F/+ to have them ranked as one of the worst 10-2 teams in college football after the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: notredamerises23
It’s almost as if they’re playing against a bunch of kids who don’t go to school for football or something.

That's what it should look like when you play Navy. If I were the ND coach I would build this game up all year to my coaches and players to make it seem like Navy is near unbeatable. IN MOST YEARS if you show them total respect and bury their ass into the came for the first 30 minutes, the game can be over, or well in hand by half.

When he trusts the pocket and settles his feet, he reads the defense much better, is more confident with his accuracy and is on-time with his throws.

When he doesn’t trust the pocket, he’s making one read and if it’s not there, he either takes off or he hurries his feet and throwing motion to the point that his passes aren’t very accurate.

Multiple teams and coaches have echoed that getting a couple early hits/pressure on him takes him off of his game. Navy tried to do that early, but it blew up in their face because he stayed put, trusted his protection and delivered a confident throw.

What if he's able to sit in the pocket and trust his feet when he sees his WRs immediately getting separation or being much taller/bigger/faster than the opposing DBs?

What comes first the cart or the horse ?

I'm not trying to criticize everything you are seeing but to maybe open your mind--and not just you but other posters who share your thoughts--to the possibility that maybe there's more going on then what immediately meets the eye.

Reactions: francade
What if he's able to sit in the pocket and trust his feet when he sees his WRs immediately getting separation or being much taller/bigger/faster than the opposing DBs?

What comes first the cart or the horse ?

I'm not trying to criticize everything you are seeing but to maybe open your mind--and not just you but other posters who share your thoughts--to the possibility that maybe there's more going on then what immediately meets the eye.

I would suggest the same to you when you think that fundamental/mental flaws can be fixed with better recruits.

that pass he just made to Keys on 3rd and 7 for 30 yards is exactly what everyone keeps emphasizing when talking about Book. No way he makes that play before the past couple of games. It’s not talent. It’s in between his ears.

Last edited:
I would suggest the same to you when you think that fundamental/mental flaws can be fixed with better recruits.

that pass he just made to Keys on 3rd and 7 for 30 yards is exactly what everyone keeps emphasizing when talking about Book. No way he makes that play before the past couple of games. It’s not talent. It’s in between his ears.

Navy's DBs are probably 2 star players. Dukes DBs are probably 2 and low 3 star players. New Mexico and Bowling Green are probably 2 star players.

When NDs skill players are a solid tier above the opposition suddenly ian book is hitting passes 30+ yards down field with big play after big play with ease.

As soon as ND plays mid-tier P5 competition and above and the DBs are 3/4/5 star players--where little to no distinction between the quality of NDs skill players and the opposing DBs exists--all of Ian Book's problems seem to resurface. And those problems get worse the higher the level of competition gets. Especially as it relates to big dynamic playmaking in the passing game.

Is it that NDs skill players are no longer able to get the same kind of separation or is it that Ian Book just turns into a mess when there's more defensive speed on the field ? who knows ... but there's definitely a trend happening there and I think multiple theories pass the sniff test and all of those theories are worthy of consideration.

Last edited:
Great job by entire team and coaching staff! My 9 year old niece throws a better ball than Perry.

Great win!!! Wish the coaching staff opened up the Offense the way they did today, earlier in the year. Book throwing the long ball to keep the opposing D from stacking the line.

There's a pretty latina with a whole lot of curves on her way to my place right now who might be able to help lighten the mood a bit :D
If you weren't dreaming, you could be sure she would be leaving disappointed.

For some of these so called fans, I wonder how miserable they must be when they can’t root for and enjoy “their” team winning. Navy is a ranked team, which means one of the country’s top 25. The Irish played one of the most perfect first halves of football you could ask for, and yet these pathetic people still want to take shots. They are not Irish fans, plain and simple. Pathetic really.

For some of these so called fans, I wonder how miserable they must be when they can’t root for and enjoy “their” team winning. Navy is a ranked team, which means one of the country’s top 25. The Irish played one of the most perfect first halves of football you could ask for, and yet these pathetic people still want to take shots. They are not Irish fans, plain and simple. Pathetic really.
One must assume they hold themselves to this same standard of excellence in life and must all be the best at what they do all day everyday.

There's a pretty latina with a whole lot of curves on her way to my place right now who might be able to help lighten the mood a bit :D
You're a smooth operator, Chase! Get out that cocktail shaker and the Sinatra!

By the way -- Georgia and Michigan are top ten teams. VTech is killing everyone else these days... Navy will probably win the rest of their games... Not as tough as usual but far from a cakewalk!

Reactions: chaseball
I’m guessing we move up to 13, just ahead of Minn.

Puts is in a good spot if we win out to make top 10.

Boston College and Stanford are ranked way down in the 80s this year so ND should finish 10-2 against one of the worst schedules I think I've ever seen at Notre Dame as a fan.

USC #27
Georgia #7
Michigan #15
Navy #21

were the only games on the schedule this year that had any sort of resume. after this blowout loss navy should slide way down somewhere in the 30s. the other 8 teams were ranked down in the 50s-130s (most of them towards the back half of that range)

this has to be the most disappointing 10 win ND teams i recall witnessing maybe all time .. and despite being 10-2 I fully expect F/+ to have them ranked as one of the worst 10-2 teams in college football after the regular season.
Virginia and Virginia Tech are both 7 and 3. USC 7 and 4 now. Louisville bowl eligible already. Schedule not as bad as you make it. Was ranked 32nd coming into today. Compare that with a 72nd ranked Minnesota. Our schedule is also harder than Alabama n Clemson

Reactions: NotreDomer1

USC #27
Georgia #7
Michigan #15
Navy #21

Good God Almighty !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT