ADVERTISEMENT

USC games

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
First game I ever went to was ND vs USC. Scalped 2 tix at the backer. 1993.

I think it was the second play when Lee Becton broke one to the house and ND never looked back!

Anyone go to that 77 game? That looked crazy.

My first USC/ND game was in 1962 and USC won 30-0, iirc. Pete Bethard and Hal Bledsoe were studs on that Trojan team. They were #1 by a lot back then!

Ouch! Glad that was not my experience. 62, i was a thought in my parents mind....haha.....thanks for sharing.

I was a senior in '77 and was there. (Also at the Cotton Bowl when we crushed Texas!) My buddies, a year older, were at the '73 game. Great to be Irish this morning. Proud of Marcus and his team. (Man, our D is playing Championship football vs. very good teams. I just with our O was up to that level. Still, I'm not afraid of any team right now.)

So cool... They show that trojan horse all the time on replays. I wonder if that is stored somewhere to make another appearance at some point. Probably just ended up at a off campus party.

My first was the 1982 game in the Coliseum. The officials stole that game from us on a southern cal phantom TD that would have been negated had there been replay.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I need to go to a game there. One time. Iconic for ND. Would like to see traveler running around (just once tho).

My first was the 1982 game in the Coliseum. The officials stole that game from us on a southern cal phantom TD that would have been negated had there been replay.
Was it Charles White? Fumbled at like the one-yard line and it was called a TD, if my memory is correct.

My first USC/ND game was in 1962 and USC won 30-0, iirc. Pete Bethard and Hal Bledsoe were studs on that Trojan team. They were #1 by a lot back then!
It was 25-0, and USC was ranked #1 with ND unranked. Final game of the season. USC home game.

The year earlier, a #8 ranked ND team had beaten an unranked USC team 30-0. Third game of the season. ND home game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT