ADVERTISEMENT

Under appreciated

huff60

Irish Expert
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Yes, ND should have prevailed. But did anyone look at N. I. ‘s roster?. 18 ! Returning starters from a team a year ago that wasn’t bad. They were Severely underrated. Let a team like that get their legs underneath them, you’re asking for Big trouble.

You have to give the NIU coaches a lot of credit they called a great game offensively and defensively, and their players executed it well !

ND was a 28.5 point favorite

Is this a joke? A top 5 team does not lose as a 30 pt favorite. A bad game by a top 5 team should be like 28-13

Reactions: futuredomer
The loss is unacceptable but they were 7-6 last year along with the returning experience. They could end up winning 11+.

That was a key pick up towards the end where they hit the out route with good timing and accuracy. Same with the shallow cross to the TE. They just outplayed ND for the most part and were the better team. Got quite a bit of push several times. It wasn’t clean enough for ND on defense and obviously the offense wasn’t good enough either.

Congrats to NIU.

The loss is unacceptable but they were 7-6 last year along with the returning experience. They could end up winning 11+.

That was a key pick up towards the end where they hit the out route with good timing and accuracy. Same with the shallow cross to the TE. They just outplayed ND for the most part and were the better team. Got quite a bit of push several times. It wasn’t clean enough for ND on defense and obviously the offense wasn’t good enough either.

Congrats to NIU.
The offense deserves more blame than the defense. We only gave up one touchdown, on what was basically a fluke play. But only scoring 14 on a MAC team is unacceptable.

Yes, ND should have prevailed. But did anyone look at N. I. ‘s roster?. 18 ! Returning starters from a team a year ago that wasn’t bad. They were Severely underrated. Let a team like that get their legs underneath them, you’re asking for Big trouble.
Please I get what you’re saying. But no way in hell should they ever beat ND in their stadium. If NIU is underrated, ND is totally and undeniably overrated. Zero excuses for losing today. They shouldn’t even be ranked. What a joke they are.

The offense deserves more blame than the defense. We only gave up one touchdown, on what was basically a fluke play. But only scoring 14 on a MAC team is unacceptable.
Agree. The offense was more to blame, but I’m not sure the defense played well either.

I think the NIU QB played well too, but the defense probably got out-schemed a bit. It just wasn’t clean play on defense and they gave up 388 yards to a group of 5 school.

Agree. The offense was more to blame, but I’m not sure the defense played well either.

I think the NIU QB played well too, but the defense probably got out-schemed a bit. It just wasn’t clean play on defense and they gave up 388 yards to a group of 5 school.
The defense didn't have their best game, but they still only allowed 16 points, while being on the field a lot due to the lack of offense. You should be able to win most games where you only allow 16 pts.

This game reminded me a lot of the Marshall and Stanford losses in 2022, which were also low-scoring. The Stanford loss was actually the exact same score as today. And I blamed the offense more in those games, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: banmate6 and NDinNJ
The defense didn't have their best game, but they still only allowed 16 points, while being on the field a lot due to the lack of offense. You should be able to win most games where you only allow 16 pts.

This game reminded me a lot of the Marshall and Stanford losses in 2022, which were also low-scoring. The Stanford loss was actually the exact same score as today. And I blamed the offense more in those games, too.

100% correct.

There is a disturbing pattern here by now.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Fact is we have no QB. There is no reason, no reason at all to play Riley Leonard. Great kid, but he just is not a good QB. Start Angeli, Minchey or Carr, at least they can throw
Riley Leonard, IMO, will start at Purdue.

No question, IMO.

100% correct.

There is a disturbing pattern here by now.
Last year, people complained about Parker's offense. But we never had a game this bad under him. Maybe the Louisville game, because of the 5 turnovers, but that was a much better opponent.

But Parker believed in establishing the run. Estime had a great season - one of the best by an ND RB in years. I prefer that type of offense, personally. It may not be flashy, but it works most of the time. Michigan rode an offense like that to a championship last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT