ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Two New FutureCast Picks In For Notre Dame

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Here are some recruiting nuggets to snack on for your Tuesday morning...

I put in a FutureCast pick for Encino (Calif.) Crespi 2021 cornerback Chance Tucker to commit to Notre Dame. I'm not expecting an announcement from him today but it should be very soon. I felt that Washington held the lead even as recent as last week, but the Irish made a strong push a couple weeks ago, and I believe the staff sealed the deal over the weekend.

My next FutureCast pick is one that may come as a surprise, but I put one if for the Irish to land Zionsville (Ind.) High class of 2022 offensive tackle Joey Tanona. He's not someone we've talked about much in the past couple of weeks and this isn't a young man who is very active on social media or does a lot of interviews, so he's flown under the radar in that sense.

But Notre Dame offensive line coach Jeff Quinn has had weekly calls with Tanona since the Indy-area prospect received the offer May 1. Tanona also visited Notre Dame Feb. 1 for junior day. Between Tanona and Milton (Ga.) High TE Jack Nickel, who I expect the Irish to land in the near future, Notre Dame would have a nice start to the 2022 class if my predictions pan out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.