ADVERTISEMENT

Two Medicals Aiden Gobaira and Tyson Ford

Disappointed Gobaira is retiring. He had some good potential
Hope they move Vernon back to big end.
Agree with both. Gobaira looked really promising before his ACL tear. Don’t know if he struggled with coming back from the injury, or if the talent of our two deep moved him to medically retire. I think he’ll get his ND degree and be on the field elsewhere in 25. Wish him well.

Vernon’s move inside always seemed preordained based on the assumption he was going to blow up in weight. The fact he dropped ten lbs and came in at 262 this summer seems to suggest they plan on moving him back to SDE.

Agree with both. Gobaira looked really promising before his ACL tear. Don’t know if he struggled with coming back from the injury, or if the talent of our two deep moved him to medically retire. I think he’ll get his ND degree and be on the field elsewhere in 25. Wish him well.

Vernon’s move inside always seemed preordained based on the assumption he was going to blow up in weight. The fact he dropped ten lbs and came in at 262 this summer seems to suggest they plan on moving him back to SDE.
I read Gobaira is completely retired from football due to injury concerns.

Disappointed Gobaira is retiring. He had some good potential
I don't think he's voluntarily retiring as much as he may be being pushed to that decision. I read they can each transfer and go on to play elsewhere.

I don't think he's voluntarily retiring as much as he may be being pushed to that decision. I read they can each transfer and go on to play elsewhere.
Retiring from Notre Dame. It was unfortunate he has such a bad injury

Aiden Gobaira, according to what I read, is not transferring anywhere. His knee injury is significant.

He could get his degree like others. And transfer after. It wouldn't be the first or last time that has happened
He is getting his degree, according to the article. Gobaira remains on scholarship until he graduates.

Gobaira never played one snap at Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT