ADVERTISEMENT

two irish verbals in action on espn this weekend

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
2017 QB avery davis and his ceder hill teammates take on bishop Gorman while 2018 QB phil jurkovec and his pine richland teammates take on Cleveland st. Edwards. both games this Saturday on espn or one of the espn channels. really looking forward to seeing phil jurkovec play as he had a monster soph year as a first time varsity starter with over 2,000 yds passing and a 1,000 yds rushing

Last edited:
Reactions: chaseball
Thanks for the heads up ... i'll watch anything with pigskin and stitches this time of the year.

How crazy/awesome is it that there's gonna be 2 ND QB verbals from separate classes playing HS football on national TV? This will give us a glimpse of a potential future ND starting QB competition. I'm excited to watch!

also irish verbal OL Robert Hainsey and his IMG Academy teammates play around 4 pm or so on one of the espn channels. 5 star QB and irish verbal Phil Jurkovec and his team plays there espn game at noon

success as QB at ND can bring fame fortune and sports immortality. A point I hope has been pointed out to him.

I gotta say, I'm a guy that tempers enthusiasm for HS recruits until they get to South Bend, but this kid Jerkovec looks like the real deal. He is barely 16, big, tall, runs well, athletic. He looks like the real deal against a national power program so far today.

Two of his Three incompletions were great throws and just dropped by receivers.

yes he looks really impressive for a junior in high school. off topice but I had to put that Shirley guy who posted somewhere above on ignore after reading that really sick post that he posted. usually don't put people on ignore but that of his along with some other stuff that he posted yesterday cut the cake for me though

Reactions: Pennick44 and Telx1
Anybody else see that Kizer-Jurkovec comparison and were surprised that both of them run a 4.9? I know those two aren't burners and with their long legs, they can show deceptive speed, but man I was surprised to see that. I figured they would be in 4.7 range.

Thanks OP for the heads up. The kid could be special if he survives high school, especially if he becomes a little more athletic over the next couple years. They have him running a quarterback draw every other play, and when he's not throwing under pressure, or running, he's punting.

I gotta say, I'm a guy that tempers enthusiasm for HS recruits until they get to South Bend, but this kid Jerkovec looks like the real deal. He is barely 16, big, tall, runs well, athletic. He looks like the real deal against a national power program so far today.

Two of his Three incompletions were great throws and just dropped by receivers.

yeah, LSE is the defending D1 state champ in Ohio - ND has gotten its fair share from that school, including Shaun Crawford...

oh my God. Oh my God Oh Me God. That is Crazy. Absolutely crazy. And also Awesome too. not just 1 but 2 ND QB verbals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Oh my God. Awesome. Incredible. No likely probability scenario. Must be 1:1000,000,000. The odds of that...WOW. Oops, just shit my pants. Got to go do cleanup but I will be back after I take my Lithium.
You probably shit your pants most of the time anyway so nothing different for you,,,,,,

First half looked like first team all American, second half looked like all conference honorable mention (at best).

Tough day for Jurkovec and his team. His coach wore him down with all those QB run plays. Plus he was scrambling a lot. In that heat, it's a recipe for fatigue.

Regardless, I'm excited about the future for Jurkovec and ND. He is accurate and has really good touch on his passes. His ability to run and eat up a lot of ground in a hurry is gonna be a nightmare for defensive coordinators.

I think that some of those hard hits that he took in the second half effected his performance as the game went along but you saw at times why he is so highly touted and wanted by all of the big boys of college football

Some of you are being quite critical of his second half play. He did most of the work for his team on the ground and through the air. The issue in the second half was line protection, he had no time whatsoever. LSE is the two time D1 state champion in a great football state (Ohio), have been ranked in the top 10 nationally the past two years. Their D has 8 guys that have been offered by various D1 schools. They just flat out whipped the OL in the second half.

and that is saying a lot BGI because cedar hill is alaways a top powerhouse in football. few teams if anybody are going to beat bishop gorman

and that is saying a lot BGI because cedar hill is alaways a top powerhouse in football. few teams if anybody are going to beat bishop gorman
Gorman and IMG would be fun to watch. Excited to see st Thomas later in the year to compare.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT