ADVERTISEMENT

Football Transcripts: Jaylen Sneed, Jaden Greathouse, Al Washington, Marcus Freeman after Blue-Gold Game

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
We're working on the postgame transcripts of linebacker Jaylen Sneed, wide receiver Jaden Greathouse, defensive line and Gold head coach Al Washington and head coach Marcus Freeman.

JAYLEN SNEED

What has the process been like from last January until now?

“The older guys in the linebacker room have really just helped me grow and develop. So last year wasn’t a year where I played a lot, but I learned so much from just watching them play. It was just a great year to get experience from them.”

When did you realize you weren’t ready to play last season? When did you realize this spring that you were ready to play again?

“Me and Freeman had a conversation early in the fall after fall camp. He told me that I was going to redshirt my freshman year. That was kind of hard to take, but he knows best. I just wanted to keep grinding and eventually I did get to play at the end of the season. It made me better, because I just wanted to grind so much harder because I wasn’t playing.”

How much does today help your confidence?

“It definitely helps a lot just knowing that me and my linebacker crew had a great day. We got to tackle a lot of people and play a lot of football. It’s great for experience.”

What motivation does the Blue-Gold setup create for you?

“I love that they picked Nolan [Ziegler] before me. It gave me like a little chip on my shoulder. It just made me want to work harder and play as best as I can.”

What kind of speed did you show to track down Chris Tyree? What did that tackle represent to you?

“I had the edge on that play. I knew — I saw CT get the ball. I saw him running around the edge. I know I just have to play the edge and play the C gap and give him nowhere to go. I squeezed him to the sideline and made the play.”

What are the challenges of coverage playing rover for you?

“Over the past three semesters, I’ve gotten a lot better at coverage. I’ve learned how to stay disciplined and keep my eyes in the right spot. There’s still some growth there, but there’s always growth.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News