ADVERTISEMENT

Tough loss

Sep 1, 2016
Notre Dame showed a ton of heart with a comeback. Compared to the performance against Ohio State this is light years ahead. 8 Forest not out of the question and 9 and 3 maybe a real possibility

Notre Dame showed a ton of heart with a comeback. Compared to the performance against Ohio State this is light years ahead. 8 Forest not out of the question and 9 and 3 maybe a real possibility

That's a nice sentiment, but not nearly good enough.
Van Gorder must go, and Kelly (while he won't be), should be at least on the hot seat.

I'm not one to jump up and down about firing a coach every time a team loses. Having said that, if the defense doesn't improve this year (one game doesn't make a season), BVG should be released.

The 1st game to the second allows the coaches to evaluate what they have. When does Kelly evaluate this coordinator. Anyone can see his frustration with him on the sideline . it's very obvious. With that being said , 35-31 and the offense has the ball ... it's time to make a statement and put the game away and they couldn't do it. Don't understand the 3rd and 12 run with around 2 minutes to go???? Does not say much for confidence in the offense. Kizer is a beast give him a shot to throw that ball down the field. Young team , many new starters , growing pains. This team can get back in the hunt for a playoff spot as crazy as it may seem. They will get Mich state at home and MSU will be a ranked team.... Stanford at home and they could be top 5.... they could get back in it . Tough loss but not devastating . Personnel wise Martini does not make many plays . They don't use enough DL .. these guys are exhausted. Trumbetti gives no pass rush . Play the young guys ( D Hayes and Khalid) at D END. Use them now. Rochelle is a monster move him inside and he would have made the plays on the goaline . Texas ran away from him.... right up the middle . IDK but in time I see some changes on this defense. that need to be made.

I agree. If ND were to win out, an overtime loss in an away game might not keep them out of contention for a playoff spot. However, the defense really has to improve for that to happen.

The 1st game to the second allows the coaches to evaluate what they have. When does Kelly evaluate this coordinator. Anyone can see his frustration with him on the sideline . it's very obvious. With that being said , 35-31 and the offense has the ball ... it's time to make a statement and put the game away and they couldn't do it. Don't understand the 3rd and 12 run with around 2 minutes to go???? Does not say much for confidence in the offense. Kizer is a beast give him a shot to throw that ball down the field. Young team , many new starters , growing pains. This team can get back in the hunt for a playoff spot as crazy as it may seem. They will get Mich state at home and MSU will be a ranked team.... Stanford at home and they could be top 5.... they could get back in it . Tough loss but not devastating . Personnel wise Martini does not make many plays . They don't use enough DL .. these guys are exhausted. Trumbetti gives no pass rush . Play the young guys ( D Hayes and Khalid) at D END. Use them now. Rochelle is a monster move him inside and he would have made the plays on the goaline . Texas ran away from him.... right up the middle . IDK but in time I see some changes on this defense. that need to be made.

Some good and valid points, but it would take a Miracle for this team to even sniff the playoffs.
They gave up half a hundred to Texas. Enough said.

It will keep them out because while Texas may be improved and looked like a title contender against the Irish they will lose at least 3 or 4 games cause there not all the way there yet. Therefore a loss to 9-3 or 8-4 Texas team won't get the Irish. Don't even know why this is being discussed anyway cause unless there is some drastic changes with this defense ND will lose at least 2 more games.

I believe

I do as well!

I believe ND has an awful defense, who can't tackle to save their lives, and whose coaching is below average......best case scenario.
I really hope I'm wrong on this, but I severely doubt it.

Playoffs? I sure hope not. Our D is very bad. This is a 9 win team.

need to play better players sitting on the bench. get martini off the field. He has not ability or strength Jamir Jones and D Hayes are players get em on the field. ... Studstill should have started . Coleman at corner ??? Guy was torched all night. The DC is a nightmare.

I agree. If ND were to win out, an overtime loss in an away game might not keep them out of contention for a playoff spot. However, the defense really has to improve for that to happen.
Lol. Delusional. This team is likely 6-6.

Lol. Delusional. This team is likely 6-6.
God I hope not. This was a tough game. Playing at home vs the better teams will help . The schedule is not that tough. This looked bad but a few good wins in a row and at 4-1 they will be back in the top 10. Make not mistake this team is not even close to a championship team but answer this after this weekend other then Bama who is really that great ? Bama is unreal but even Clemson looked a lot different then last year. This offense lost Fuller and Procise . Huge losses. The young receivers will get better . I don't care for folston and think Adams needs more touches but the offense should get better . The defense will improve. I like Crawford , Studstill and luke. Need a LB to play with Morgan. Need to play more DL and get D Hayes on the field. Jamir Jones too.

I thought 9-3, 10-2 were best case scenarios. It's a very young team replacing Jaylon, Day, Stanley, Martin, Fuller, Procise, Keivarie, Redfield, Alize Jones, Brown, Carlisle, Robinson. It's a very young team- they lost a hell of a lot more than Fuller and Procise. Our D was awful last year with serious talent. It's going to take a few game for guys who have never stepped foot on a college field to get up to speed. It kills me the majority of the guys mentioned above could have came back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT