ADVERTISEMENT

Top four College football predictions !!

BodiTheGreat

Fighting Irish Fanatic
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2018
The winner gets 2.0 points which will count towards my weekly prediction totals ! Irish Alice is currently in the lead !
No extra credit ! You have to nail the top 4 after this Saturday. ( 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 !)

Here is mine !

1. Georgia
2. Michigan
3. Notre Dame
4. Baylor

Reactions: IrishMike409
Personally, my opinion is an idle team should not be able to improve their standings at seasons end as the result of CCG’s. A team should have to play themselves in, not have others play themselves out.

If OK State wins, ND is out.....unless there's 2 upsets and Georgia wins. ND's only real hope is OK State loses to Baylor.

If OK State wins, ND is out.....unless there's 2 upsets and Georgia wins. ND's only real hope is OK State loses to Baylor.
why won’t a Georgia win and one upset do it? If we get rid of Bama, and any one of Cincy, Michigan or Okie State, don’t we likely go to #4?

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
“Personally, my opinion is an idle team should not be able to improve their standings at seasons end as the result of CCG’s. A team should have to play themselves in, not have others play themselves out.”

It works both ways being idle. Some teams can jump said idle team w/ a win, some teams can play their way out w/ a loss. It still comes down to 12 voters assessing the entire body of work, not just CCG weekend. Being idle is not a one way street.

My other top 4 scenario:
1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Georgia
4. Notre Dame

Dave Aranda -- the guy LSU should have hired -- will get a big fat win today!

Reactions: NDinNJ
The committee this year has done the worst job since the 4-team playoff inception. Somewhat understandable because of all the 1 and (2-loss teams after today) that are at the top.

That said, that bspn idiot, "bear" says ND doesn't have anyone on their schedule that is ranked. Even herbie said ignore him. I agree just due to the fact that Wisconsin was 14th last week, and a win sends them to the B10 Conf. Championship! So they lost to Minn. and drop (at least) 12 spots and out of the top 25? A win and it's a CC! Has any team Dropped 12 spots in a week? Nevermind a team that was a game away from their CC! What does that say about the strength of the B10? I mean, a team that just misses the CC is not even in the top 25? Maybe Michigan doesn't deserve a spot coming from such a weak conference?

Then, we have JUST LAST WEEK, OK/OK ST play, and OK was driving easily down the field for the game winning score with, what, 2 min left in the game? And an OBVIOUS PI NON-call against OK ST, at home. Should've been first and goal at the 2 for Okla. and eat the clock for 2 plays or just score and win. But no call at home and goodbye Oklahoma. So not only loss #2 for OK ST, but have them jump Notre Dame!

Which brings us to Cincy. Group of 5 school that the committee decides that THIS YEAR we're gonna let them eat at the adults table. Why? Is it that daunting group of 5 teams that are so good? Maybe the schedule? That schedule that Cincy played amassed a 54-66 record. Ferocious! Indeed they must be one of the 4 best teams going! After all, they beat a power 5 team this year, 2-10, Indiana. Good Job!

Baylor, OK, OK ST, ND, Ala. Each of these teams would take them down today - ESPECIALLY Notre Dame! With all that's happened, if ND played Cincy today, the energy and passion from Notre Dame would be off the charts. Never mind the payback factor. I'd probably sit Coan because he might be the only sad kid on the team to see BK leave.

Corso said Cincy should never be considered because they are a group of 5 with no resume.

I feel a little better now. But I said it before, a 1-loss Notre Dame team will not get in - this year is the absolute best test for my theory. If ever they should get in with a loss, it's this year, with all the parity (after UGA) with 1 and 2 losses. So, if it doesn't happen this year, it will never happen.

And who aside from ND will have a chance against UGA (once they beat Ala) to beat UGA? Cincy? lol...Michigan? They would keep it close for a half but would lose by 3 + TDs. (21-24 pts). OK ST? UGA 41-17.

Wait, what was this topic?

Reactions: FightingIrish44
The committee this year has done the worst job since the 4-team playoff inception. Somewhat understandable because of all the 1 and (2-loss teams after today) that are at the top.

That said, that bspn idiot, "bear" says ND doesn't have anyone on their schedule that is ranked. Even herbie said ignore him. I agree just due to the fact that Wisconsin was 14th last week, and a win sends them to the B10 Conf. Championship! So they lost to Minn. and drop (at least) 12 spots and out of the top 25? A win and it's a CC! Has any team Dropped 12 spots in a week? Nevermind a team that was a game away from their CC! What does that say about the strength of the B10? I mean, a team that just misses the CC is not even in the top 25? Maybe Michigan doesn't deserve a spot coming from such a weak conference?

Then, we have JUST LAST WEEK, OK/OK ST play, and OK was driving easily down the field for the game winning score with, what, 2 min left in the game? And an OBVIOUS PI NON-call against OK ST, at home. Should've been first and goal at the 2 for Okla. and eat the clock for 2 plays or just score and win. But no call at home and goodbye Oklahoma. So not only loss #2 for OK ST, but have them jump Notre Dame!

Which brings us to Cincy. Group of 5 school that the committee decides that THIS YEAR we're gonna let them eat at the adults table. Why? Is it that daunting group of 5 teams that are so good? Maybe the schedule? That schedule that Cincy played amassed a 54-66 record. Ferocious! Indeed they must be one of the 4 best teams going! After all, they beat a power 5 team this year, 2-10, Indiana. Good Job!

Baylor, OK, OK ST, ND, Ala. Each of these teams would take them down today - ESPECIALLY Notre Dame! With all that's happened, if ND played Cincy today, the energy and passion from Notre Dame would be off the charts. Never mind the payback factor. I'd probably sit Coan because he might be the only sad kid on the team to see BK leave.

Corso said Cincy should never be considered because they are a group of 5 with no resume.

I feel a little better now. But I said it before, a 1-loss Notre Dame team will not get in - this year is the absolute best test for my theory. If ever they should get in with a loss, it's this year, with all the parity (after UGA) with 1 and 2 losses. So, if it doesn't happen this year, it will never happen.

And who aside from ND will have a chance against UGA (once they beat Ala) to beat UGA? Cincy? lol...Michigan? They would keep it close for a half but would lose by 3 + TDs. (21-24 pts). OK ST? UGA 41-17.

Wait, what was this topic?
You make a great point about Wisconsin. Baylor was 7-1 and ranked #11. They lost to a 3-5 TCU team and dropped two spots. Nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT