ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Northern Illinois line

melstew

ND Expert
Feb 2, 2005
Huskies bring back a lot off experience from a 7-6 team. Phil Steele says 21st most experienced and Chase says 45th. They crushed a dreadful Western Illinois team last week (a team that Indiana beat worse yesterday). They are picked 3rd in MAC with the conferences' leading returning rusher, but breaking in a new qb. This is their Super Bowl, and ND coming off of an emotional win and week of catching bouquets. I will not be laying the -27.5 but instead will be looking at the under in the Arkansas Okie State game (60.5).

Reactions: BGI User 756
Huskies bring back a lot off experience from a 7-6 team. Phil Steele says 21st most experienced and Chase says 45th. They crushed a dreadful Western Illinois team last week (a team that Indiana beat worse yesterday). They are picked 3rd in MAC with the conferences' leading returning rusher, but breaking in a new qb. This is their Super Bowl, and ND coming off of an emotional win and week of catching bouquets. I will not be laying the -27.5 but instead will be looking at the under in the Arkansas Okie State game (60.5).
Just examine the F+ differential!

Lay the -27.5. Freeman learned from the Marshall game 2 years ago. He's going to have the boys ready, and fired up. Coaches are going to go for the jugular early and keep the foot on their throat the whole game. It won't be close. ND is far more talented and you'll see it on display this afternoon.

Just examine the F+ differential!
This.

F+ in parenthesis:

ND #8 (1.71)
vs
NIU #93 (-.62)

An F+ of "0" is considered average.

In order for ND to maintain their #8 F+ ranking, they're going to need to put a beating on this NIU team.

This.

F+ in parenthesis:

ND #8 (1.71)
vs
NIU #93 (-.62)

An F+ of "0" is considered average.

In order for ND to maintain their #8 F+ ranking, they're going to need to put a beating on this NIU team.
The fact they have LSU rated higher than USC AFTER USC beat LSU on a neutral field tells me all I need to know about your severely flawed F+ system

It seems like the current line -28 ND. I’m not betting but that seems like too high to confidently pick ND. Lots of experience returning for NIU it seems.

Reactions: BGI User 756
The fact they have LSU rated higher than USC AFTER USC beat LSU on a neutral field tells me all I need to know about how flawed F+ is.

There's a reason why in other sports they play best out of 7/5/3 in the playoffs.

The best team doesn't always win in a single head to head match up. Most of the time the best team wins, but not always.

There's a reason why in other sports they play best out of 7/5/3 in the playoffs.

The best team doesn't always win in a single head to head match up.
They don't in the NFL, or football for that matter. They crown champions based on single games. So should we strip Michigan of their title last year and just hand it to Georgia since F+ had them #1?
Your logic is as dumb as you are.
That's the lamest excuse you've given. just stop with your nonsense you look like a fool.

I'm just rolling my winnings from the A&M gabe last week. 😂
Curious. Do you ever say anything when you lose money?

Rarely, and I mean rarely, do I read anything when bettors lose a bet.

Curious. Do you ever say anything when you lose money?

Rarely, and I mean rarely, do I read anything when bettors lose a bet.
I called the A&M game prior to kickoff it's on this forum. That said, i'm not a big gambler, lots of times I'll call a game but won't bet on it. I lost my fair share of bets, but I only gamble with money I can afford to lose

Reactions: sjb75

The best team doesn't always win in a single head to head match up. Most of the time the best team wins, but not always.
You contradict yourself. So if ND fails to put a beating on NIU, ND won't maintain their rating. It's just one game though, why other sports have best of 3/5/7 gave series. The best team doesn't always beat down an inferior team.

See how foolish you look

Last edited:
At the same time it's sad that's the only way we can exploit mighty NIU.
The good news is that ND is the much better team (at least according to the best data available on both of these programs right now). And with 2 full quarters to go we can still see massive point swings in favor of the Irish. As long as there's game clock there's a chance for the skill to eventually fizzle to the top. But these games are tiny sample sizes so even 4 quarters sometimes isnt enough.

The good news is that ND is the much better team (at least according to the best data available on both of these programs right now). And with 2 full quarters to go we can still see massive point swings in favor of the Irish. As long as there's game clock there's a chance for the skill to eventually fizzle to the top. But these games are tiny sample sizes so even 4 quarters sometimes isnt enough.
To add to this post: if ND goes on to score 20 unanswered points to finish the game, and wins by double digits, nobody will care about how mediocre the product looked during the first 2.5 quarters

Lay the -27.5. Freeman learned from the Marshall game 2 years ago. He's going to have the boys ready, and fired up. Coaches are going to go for the jugular early and keep the foot on their throat the whole game. It won't be close. ND is far more talented and you'll see it on display this afternoon.
I hope nobody listened to this lol

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT