ADVERTISEMENT

This Year's Schedule

hoopsstar12

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 16, 2008
Some posters on here are predicting a strong year for ND. I think the schedule is very difficult. Most will point to the big 3- OSU, Clemson and USC as the focus games. But surrounding those games are quite a few up and coming teams who have solid coaching staffs. I think this season will be a lot more challenging than last year notwithstanding the new coach hiccups in the beginning of last season. I don't expect losses to Navy, Tennessee State or CMU but all the other teams can beat us on any given day if we are flat or turn the ball over.

Some posters on here are predicting a strong year for ND. I think the schedule is very difficult. Most will point to the big 3- OSU, Clemson and USC as the focus games. But surrounding those games are quite a few up and coming teams who have solid coaching staffs. I think this season will be a lot more challenging than last year notwithstanding the new coach hiccups in the beginning of last season. I don't expect losses to Navy, Tennessee State or CMU but all the other teams can beat us on any given day if we are flat or turn the ball over.
"But surrounding those games are quite a few up and coming teams who have solid coaching staffs."

2 games come to mind -- NC State (1st away game) and Duke (the week after OSU)

Reactions: FightingIrish44
"But surrounding those games are quite a few up and coming teams who have solid coaching staffs."

Duke??? Seriously? We could play ala, ga and Osu on successive weeks and still be favorites over duke. Talent gap is huge

Reactions: sluggo69

Nc st, Duke, Louisville and Pitt are the group of teams that arent tier 1 but are teams that if we dont show up to play we could easily lose

I break the schedule into 3 tiers

Tier 1 The Elites

OSU
USC
Clemson

Tier 2 Good Quality teams

NC State
Duke
Louisville
Pitt

Tier 3 Cant lose one of these games. Must wins

Stanford
Wake
Central Mich
Navy
Tenn St

Nc st, Duke, Louisville and Pitt are the group of teams that arent tier 1 but are teams that if we dont show up to play we could easily lose

Tier 1 The Elites

OSU
USC
Clemson

NC State
Duke
Louisville
Pitt

Stanford
Wake
Central Mich
Navy
Tenn St
In general I agree except I would put Wake in Tier 2. Dave Clawson is a great coach and his teams overachieve each year.

I actually think the Irish are a bit underrated coming into the season with the addition of Hartman. If he stays healthy, I like the Irish surpassing the 8.5 total wins spread.
My hot take on the schedule, I think we go 2-1 vs our Big 3 and then have a couple barn burners against the tier 2s. 10-2 is my prediction.

But, like 75 said, let’s start with Navy. Go Irish!

I actually think the Irish are a bit underrated coming into the season with the addition of Hartman. If he stays healthy, I like the Irish surpassing the 8.5 total wins spread.
My hot take on the schedule, I think we go 2-1 vs our Big 3 and then have a couple barn burners against the tier 2s. 10-2 is my prediction.

But, like 75 said, let’s start with Navy. Go Irish!
I am not into "tiers..." or "...trap games..." before Ohio St. Every game is big, and Marcus Freeman has likely figured this out.

Reactions: tbone3114
We will win every game. The difference is we finally have a good QB

Reactions: sluggo69
The problem with any of these predictions is they rely on key players remaining healthy. Once you get past Hartman, we are woefully thin on experienced QBs. He could suffer a relatively minor injury, leaving us exposed.

Duke??? Seriously? We could play ala, ga and Osu on successive weeks and still be favorites over duke. Talent gap is huge
Duke will not be a push over. Made huge strides under Mike Elko last year. Went 9-4 and they didn't lose a game by more than 8 points all season and they beat UCF in a bowl game. That will not be a game to take lightly especially with a hangover effect of whatever happens vs Ohio State the week prior. I am looking to go to the game at Duke, tickets are cheap & easy to come by at Wallace Wade. I was there in 2019 and it was probably 60-40 ND fans, maybe even higher because Duke was terrible and it was a very cold night game and most Duke fans were fed up with Cutcliffe.

"Duke??? Seriously? We could play ala, ga and Osu on successive weeks and still be favorites over duke. Talent gap is huge"

2 factors as to why ---

1.) They are much better than you think, it is at their place, and it is AFTER what will probably be a very physical game with OSU.
2.) Take your comment "We could play ala, ga and Osu on successive weeks and still be favorites over duke" and think back to 9.10.2022 --- and ND was at HOME on that date!

Reactions: baron100
"Duke??? Seriously? We could play ala, ga and Osu on successive weeks and still be favorites over duke. Talent gap is huge"

2 factors as to why ---

1.) They are much better than you think, it is at their place, and it is AFTER what will probably be a very physical game with OSU.
2.) Take your comment "We could play ala, ga and Osu on successive weeks and still be favorites over duke" and think back to 9.10.2022 --- and ND was at HOME on that date!
Let me guess, Duke must be a "trap game..?"

I watched duke vs Ucf and Elko has them playing well. This will not be a blowout in my opinion.

Notre Dame is capable of losing any game on this schedule....if you ask Marshall or Stanford.

Well apparently we are playing 3 of the top 5(6) draft eligible QB's this year.....and our QB is not one of them.
This is interesting and a little sobering, thanks. But I really like our guy. I have won some money on golf bets this year, so posted some future bets last week-- the biggest was on Sam I Am to win the Heisman.

Let me guess, Duke must be a "trap game..?"
Not a game to sleep on. They will likely be 3-1 heading into that game, 4-0 if they upset Clemson on Labor Day. They return Riley Leonard at QB. Notre Dame was emotionally spent after Ohio State and that carry over played a part in the loss to Marshall. I'm not saying that happens this time, but this isn't a Ted Roof coached Duke team.

Reactions: Kelso86 and Golson5
Not a game to sleep on. They will likely be 3-1 heading into that game, 4-0 if they upset Clemson on Labor Day. They return Riley Leonard at QB. Notre Dame was emotionally spent after Ohio State and that carry over played a part in the loss to Marshall. I'm not saying that happens this time, but this isn't a Ted Roof coached Duke team.
Tough game

Reactions: BM16

Tier 1 The Elites

OSU
USC
Clemson

NC State
Duke
Louisville
Pitt

Stanford
Wake
Central Mich
Navy
Tenn St
OSU is in its own tier and ND will need a minor miracle to come out victorious.

USC and Clemson finished last year ranked in the teens and will be really tough games.

The rest of the teams on the schedule verge on bad to terrible. The ACC is a total dumpster fire.

My guess is ND finishes with 8 or 9 regular season wins then plays some crappy team in a bowl nobody cares about and then we do it all over again next season with the same outlook/results.

Last edited:
OSU is in its own tier and ND will need a minor miracle to come out victorious.

USC and Clemson finished last year ranked in the teens and will be really tough games.

The rest of the teams on the schedule verge on bad to terrible. The ACC is a total dumpster fire.

My guess is ND finishes with 8 or 9 regular season wins then plays some crappy team in a bowl nobody cares about and then we do it all over again next season with the same outlook/results.
No

I'll be at the game, i won't let ND be stagnant.

Honestly though, I think it helps being a road game after the OSU game, especially if we beat OSU.

This is interesting and a little sobering, thanks. But I really like our guy. I have won some money on golf bets this year, so posted some future bets last week-- the biggest was on Sam I Am to win the Heisman.
I agree.....Sam came back as he can likely make more money at ND with NIL and hopefully improve his draft chances. Simple as that. He is still a very good College QB.

And there is nowhere on the road where it helps to be on the road.
The road is where championship teams are made, not saying the game is easier, because they are not. But they are easier to be focused and locked in on.

I'll be at the game, i won't let ND be stagnant.

Honestly though, I think it helps being a road game after the OSU game, especially if we beat OSU.

I'm looking at tickets at well. I was there in 2019 on that very cold night. Was in the GA bleachers corner of the endzone, place was full of ND fans and it likely will be again in September. Wallace Wade is a very easy place to score tickets at a reasonable price.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT