ADVERTISEMENT

The worst damned run blocking I’ve seen since

Dec 29, 2005
2007. How can they be absolutely trash in the run game, but so efficient pass blocking. I know they’re two totally different disciplines, I get that but it’s infuriating. ND doesn’t have great backs and their OL sure AF doesn’t help at all.

I just watched Eichenberg get blown back on two consecutive runs and then the next time they run the ball Banks gets smoked. They are soft as hell, we need a huge upgrade on the OL coaching. This BC defense stinks and we’re making them look like UGA up the middle.

Losing Harry a few years ago has been a massive hit to this area of the team.

2007. How can they be absolutely trash in the run game, but so efficient pass blocking. I know they’re two totally different disciplines, I get that but it’s infuriating. ND doesn’t have great backs and their OL sure AF doesn’t help at all.

I just watched Eichenberg get blown back on two consecutive runs and then the next time they run the ball Banks gets smoked. They are soft as hell, we need a huge upgrade on the OL coaching. This BC defense stinks and we’re making them look like UGA up the middle.

Losing Harry a few years ago has been a massive hit to this area of the team.
The pass blocking isn't that great either

Jeff Quinn gotta go

First thing that has to happen in offseason

Unlikely. Brian Kelly doesn't want to win enough to fire his buddy, IMO. He would if he was smart though.

For all of the good things you post, occasionally you come up with some real head shaking, stupid comments. BK doesn’t want to win enough....seriously, wtf......come on, man.

For all of the good things you post, occasionally you come up with some real head shaking, stupid comments. BK doesn’t want to win enough....seriously, wtf......come on, man.

He's held on to buddies of his for far too long in the past, instead of focusing on doing whatever it takes to win...

Brian VanGorder and Paul Longo cost Notre Dame a ton of wins and some extremely frustrating seasons during their time in South Bend... He's been loyal to a fault at times, to the detriment of the program and that's inarguable.

Nope for OL awards.

Pennick just trolls any criticism of anything to do with Notre Dame. Don't mind him. He just enjoys the reaction.

As I've told him before, I genuinely his subtle trolling, it adds an excellent and hilarious dimension to the board.

Unlikely. Brian Kelly doesn't want to win enough to fire his buddy, IMO. He would if he was smart though.

Quinn is good at recruiting and developing talent. He is doing a great job considering all the injurys. The Irish are 20 and 3 with Quinn coaching the lineman and as you (IIO) said the Irish offense is setting records for Notre Dame as far as points per game.
The Offensive line positions are the hardest to learn. Quinn is doing a good job and the Oline will be even more experienced and btter next year. The whole Oline is different from last year as far as positions go.
Just my opinion. You know more about football tatics then I do.

Pennick just trolls any criticism of anything to do with Notre Dame. Don't mind him. He just enjoys the reaction.

As I've told him before, I genuinely his subtle trolling, it adds an excellent and hilarious dimension to the board.

Penick is just keeping posters honest. He is the best at oneliners since Henny Youngman.

Mr' 12 man football expert! Star Gazer!

Our backs make the line look average. We also lost two studs. Dex did pretty well last year. If Tyree can run, the line will look like they should. I was not as high on Harry as many here where. Now Joe Moore, he was an OL GOD.

Our backs make the line look average. We also lost two studs. Dex did pretty well last year. If Tyree can run, the line will look like they should. I was not as high on Harry as many here where. Now Joe Moore, he was an OL GOD.

When you're being hit 2 yards deep in the backfield, which happened a number if times tonight, it has nothing to do with the RB's... Barry Sanders would still be getting his as the ball was handed off.

I agree that our RBs are very average. i watched UGA, OSU, USC, Bama, etc... their 3 deep guys would definitely start at ND, but. I also watch our OL get blown up all the time.

Reactions: ftnfan62
Quinn is good at recruiting and developing talent. He is doing a great job considering all the injurys. The Irish are 20 and 3 with Quinn coaching the lineman and as you (IIO) said the Irish offense is setting records for Notre Dame as far as points per game.
The Offensive line positions are the hardest to learn. Quinn is doing a good job and the Oline will be even more experienced and btter next year. The whole Oline is different from last year as far as positions go.
Just my opinion. You know more about football tatics then I do.

Bodi, always love your enthusiasm but are you drunk already?

If this team had any kind of run game we may have beat UGA, and UM wouldn’t have been a total debacle.

Unless we have a legit playmaker back there like Dex, this team can’t generate rushing yards outside Book and WR’s.

It’s pathetic..

Reactions: DublinND
If you watch teams with good backs, they make jump cuts, get through a closing hole. Ours out their head down, run into the back of someone and we all scratch our heads watching the gaping whole, one gap over. Happened lots tonight. Dex and Josh where 1000 yard runners. We need some speed and quickness.

Joe Moore candidates for OL Award!

Ummm... ND didn’t even make the Honorable Mention for the Joe Moore OL Award this year.
So no, they aren’t even in the running.
Why do people post things that are purely false?

The Run Offense is weak. Fourth and short is a crime. Jumping the count is a way of life. Multiple jump penalties by a team leader shouldn't be. Is it talent? Is it scheme? Is it Quinn?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT