ADVERTISEMENT

The Numbers Are In

Dec 7, 2007
The ND/TAMU game drew 8.2M viewers to the ABC telecast, with a peak of 9.3M viewers streaming the game. The UGA/Clemson game drew 7.9M viewers and the UM/Florida game drew 6.6M viewers. Big weekend of college football for ABC. The ND/TAMU game was the most watched Saturday night college football game since the ND/OSU game in 2022.

Not to mention the 104,000+ in the stands at Kyle Field, the fourth largest crowd they have ever had.

And yet bloviating asshats like Stephen A. Smith continue to call Notre Dame "irrelevant." What a clown he is.

The ND/TAMU game drew 8.2M viewers to the ABC telecast, with a peak of 9.3M viewers streaming the game. The UGA/Clemson game drew 7.9M viewers and the UM/Florida game drew 6.6M viewers. Big weekend of college football for ABC. The ND/TAMU game was the most watched Saturday night college football game since the ND/OSU game in 2022.

Not to mention the 104,000+ in the stands at Kyle Field, the fourth largest crowd they have ever had.

And yet bloviating asshats like Stephen A. Smith continue to call Notre Dame "irrelevant." What a clown he is.
Stephen A is racist

Stephen A is racist
While I think Smith is a pompous know-it-all, I haven't seen him say anything that would lead me to conclude he is a racist. I just don't enjoy his shtick, though some must, otherwise ESPN wouldn't be paying him what they do. I guess ESPN figures his polarizing style will attract both supporters and detractors to his shows.

Fwiw, I like SAS. I love the NBA and his NBA coverage is good. I also like his NFL coverage. But when it comes to college football.....he knows next to nothing.

He so badly wishes that he could just come out and be a full-blown conservative. He approaches the line often, but is also smart enough to know that espn would fire him..,,

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 756
Looks like Ole Purple face's game narrowly beat us out. But given they had Sunday to themselves not a knock. Glad to see our ratings are so good.

Reactions: BGI User 756
SAS vehemently takes side of Caitlyn Clark against racial animus. Agree he uses race as catalyst, and often views his job through a racial lens, but I would not call him a racist. It's a word that is too overused these days. He has an act, and knows the NBA pretty well.
Good enough. Maybe I’m going overboard. Know him from his NYc and Philly days. He was always playing the race card

Fwiw, I like SAS. I love the NBA and his NBA coverage is good. I also like his NFL coverage. But when it comes to college football.....he knows next to nothing.

He so badly wishes that he could just come out and be a full-blown conservative. He approaches the line often, but is also smart enough to know that espn would fire him..,,

Glad to hear someone enjoys him, IM. I don't follow the NBA closely anymore, which is probably why I tune him out so quickly. I have listened to some of his NFL analysis and found it wanting to be quite honest, but hey, different strokes for different folks. For me it's not so much about what SAS says, but how he says it. I don't like people yelling at me when I watch TV, or speaking to me like I am 10 years old. That's probably why I don't like Mad Dog Russo and a few others I can think of. I don't much care for the smarmy types, either, like Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd. I like analysts who give me their opinion, and then explain why they think that way. Joel Klatt and Dan Orlovsky are guys I enjoy listening to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT