ADVERTISEMENT

The Mind of Gerard Parker. Offensive coordinator

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
If he was pitted against a defense coached by Brian van Gorder, who would win?

Parker owns central Michigan, Tennessee state n Navy so cut him some slack

Parker just took a word association test
Flank…. Steak
Slot…. Machine
Field…. Astroturf
Boundary… Mexico
Route….Canal
Wheel…Goodyear
Post….Malone
Button hook…Fashion accessory
Screen….We all screen for ice screen
Check….Usually every 2 weeks
Grounding….No shadow , 2 more weeks of winter
Pocket…A microwave meal

Fire his butt
I would not be surprised that, if, during the bye week, offensive play calling and other responsibilities get "re-assigned". Also, I fully expect that after the season (after the Stanford game), a search for a new OC will begin -- or, does Freeman promote the QB Coach Guidugli (who was the OC at Cincinnati under Fickell)?

Last edited:
I hope he isn’t fired. That would be a move, to me, that shows Freeman isn’t the guy. Freeman should be troubleshooting the offense in my opinion; not wiping the slate.

ND out-gained Clemson by about 40 yards. Merriweather could have possibly caught the two passes thrown to him towards the end. The sun maybe got into his eyes. ND ran the ball very effectively in the first half. Tyree dropped a screen pass that could have been a big gainer.

Firing Parker would amount to scapegoating IMO and would be more of a negative reflection on Freeman.

If he was pitted against a defense coached by Brian van Gorder, who would win?

Parker owns central Michigan, Tennessee state n Navy so cut him some slack

Parker just took a word association test
Flank…. Steak
Slot…. Machine
Field…. Astroturf
Boundary… Mexico
Route….Canal
Wheel…Goodyear
Post….Malone
Button hook…Fashion accessory
Screen….We all screen for ice screen
Check….Usually every 2 weeks
Grounding….No shadow , 2 more weeks of winter
Pocket…A microwave meal
What in God's name is a button hook? You mean a hitch?

I hope he isn’t fired. That would be a move, to me, that shows Freeman isn’t the guy. Freeman should be troubleshooting the offense in my opinion; not wiping the slate.

ND out-gained Clemson by about 40 yards. Merriweather could have possibly caught the two passes thrown to him towards the end. The sun maybe got into his eyes. ND ran the ball very effectively in the first half. Tyree dropped a screen pass that could have been a big gainer.

Firing Parker would amount to scapegoating IMO and would be more of a negative reflection on Freeman.
The Big crime was not giving the ball to Estime more. 3 carries

The Big crime was not giving the ball to Estime more. 3 carries
I also don’t think they ran downhill at all in the second half. No power or inside zone. Just that pin and pull that gets pretty congested. To me, with the modern spread, every team should be running inside zone, split zone, and then bootleg with the dump pass to the H back in the opposite flat. Should be a staple of every spread offense IMO.

And Holden Staes made numerous blunders that killed plays ND had in the bag if he just does his job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT