ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC agreement

scubastevefl

I've posted how many times?
Dec 9, 2006
Not sure its helping, Clemson not in the schedule, Miami and FSU in the tank, and 5 games against Pitt, Wake, Duke, Ga Tech and UNC, ain’t going to cut it.

Need to be full in the ACC. Or just join another conference. You dinosaurs who just keep talking about tradition are the type of people who hold this team back.

If they joined and were in the Coastal they would compete for the ACC Championship quickly.
Also, their games would be on every week, regardless of opponent and would reap in the profit sharing of the new ACC Network.

Coastal:
UNC
Virginia Tech
Georgia Tech
Pitt
Miami
Duke
UVA

Hey guys; lurking after the game. That Coastal Division desperately needs Notre Dame in it; it would lift all of those programs - in particular Miami and VT. Kids having ND on the schedule would certainly help in recruiting. FSU won't be down for long and the ACC Championship with Clemson or FSU vs Miami or ND (I'm assuming Miami returns to the program that it should be) could make the ACC an extremely formidable football conference. I think playing in a conference sharpens teams at the end of the year; the conference championship certainly puts the players into the championship mindset. At any rate, you're a classy bunch with a ridiculously rich history and tradition; I think I can speak for most Clemson fans when I say that we'd love to see you all in the conference. Best wishes in the future and we'll see you in 2020.

Reactions: baron100
I’m for ND to join. There’s nothing to play for. We could have some epic battles with Clemson. They won’t be this good forever.

Hey guys; lurking after the game. That Coastal Division desperately needs Notre Dame in it; it would lift all of those programs - in particular Miami and VT. Kids having ND on the schedule would certainly help in recruiting. FSU won't be down for long and the ACC Championship with Clemson or FSU vs Miami or ND (I'm assuming Miami returns to the program that it should be) could make the ACC an extremely formidable football conference. I think playing in a conference sharpens teams at the end of the year; the conference championship certainly puts the players into the championship mindset. At any rate, you're a classy bunch with a ridiculously rich history and tradition; I think I can speak for most Clemson fans when I say that we'd love to see you all in the conference. Best wishes in the future and we'll see you in 2020.

The ACC needs us more than we need it.

Reactions: mirer03

Personally, I think it would be great for ND to join as a full member in football. Just curious though, why would you say the ACC needs ND more than ND needs the ACC? I get the value of the brand but how much would 3 additional games really be worth?

I think it would be a win-win situation for both the ACC and ND. Rockne saw it back in 1925. The young men that come to Notre Dame deserve it too. They would stand a better chance of attracting the higher targets on their recruiting big board. According to the SBT ND sent out 200 scholarship offers. We signed a really good class but many of the highest ranked players on the board quickly turned a cold shoulder to ND. Why? Today's high school players want to win championships. It's long past time to complete Rockne's vision. Join the ACC Notre Dame and fulfill the dream!

It would benefit you all now to join fully. ACC is 5-2 in bowl games. Certainly not the worst and you would make it better. It would improve your program as well. We could have gotten it done in Charlotte this year.

With our performances in major bowls and the current CFB playoff design, ND will start being left out of the final 4 even if undefeated and if the schedule turns out to be weak or we dont dominate opponents and certainly with 1 loss. You think we are lock next year if its Clemson and Bama again and were slotted to play one of them again lol?

The immediate go to is "join a conference" for the outside haters so why not just do it and get ahead of it.

1-It gives us more wiggle room with schedule (think of Clemson's schedule) and room for error record wise
2-Something else to play for as far as conference championship
3-Recruiting players for a set of teams (ACC) and style of play rather than playing a different conference and scheme every freaking week and having to recruit all kinds of players. How do you form an identity that way?

Notre Dame can go that way but the P-5 is going to eventually (sooner rather than later) put the NCAA out of the college football business. The days of Rockne are gone ... kids today don't know or care about the 30s, 40s and 50s; they only know that while they've been growing up, teams like Clemson and Bama have been winning rings and Notre Dame has been getting killed in bowl games. You're about out of chips; the sooner you all realize that, the better.

ND has not yet dropped to UCF level. But 1 more one sided playoff loss within the next 5 years will achieve that status.

I think it would be a win-win situation for both the ACC and ND. Rockne saw it back in 1925. The young men that come to Notre Dame deserve it too. They would stand a better chance of attracting the higher targets on their recruiting big board. According to the SBT ND sent out 200 scholarship offers. We signed a really good class but many of the highest ranked players on the board quickly turned a cold shoulder to ND. Why? Today's high school players want to win championships. It's long past time to complete Rockne's vision. Join the ACC Notre Dame and fulfill the dream!
NO

Notre Dame can go that way but the P-5 is going to eventually (sooner rather than later) put the NCAA out of the college football business. The days of Rockne are gone ... kids today don't know or care about the 30s, 40s and 50s; they only know that while they've been growing up, teams like Clemson and Bama have been winning rings and Notre Dame has been getting killed in bowl games. You're about out of chips; the sooner you all realize that, the better.
ND got killed in this bowl game and 2012. So if you want to say championship games you might have a point, but not bowl games in general

So if you are suggesting ND drop their standards, start gray shirting, over recruiting i say push in all the chips and stay true to its self.
Why trade in your values for football. Something the majority wont even reach to the next level

Last edited:
ND got killed in this bowl game and 2012. So if you want to say championship games you might have a point, but not bowl games in general

So if you are suggesting ND drop their standards, start gray shirting, over recruiting is say push in all the chips and stay true to its self.
Why trade in you values for football. Something the majority wont even reach to the next level
I would have agreed to this a number of years ago but the reality is we adopt what everyone else does but several years later—- remember when we didn’t redshirt guys? remember when we didn’t oversign? remember when we didn’t allow early enrollment? remember when we didn’t take graduate transfers? We ultimately do what everyone else does—- whether it’s a different uniform every game ala Oregon, piped in gangsta music, Jumbotron, recruiting gimmicks ( equipment truck to Ga). It’s time to join the ACC full time and punt one west coast team. Keep either Stanford or SC for west coast recruiting, forget about Michigan , fill in a full ACC schedule with Navy ( because we’ll always play them and 95% of the time it’s a win), and a couple other gimmes. ACC has the potential to be an awesome conference if Miami and FSU get back to where they can be. Full ACC would be great for recruiting south of Mason Dixon Line. Like all these other changes we ultimately made , this too will happen. Timing is good now while miami and FSU are still weak

I would have agreed to this a number of years ago but the reality is we adopt what everyone else does but several years later—- remember when we didn’t redshirt guys? remember when we didn’t oversign? remember when we didn’t allow early enrollment? remember when we didn’t take graduate transfers? We ultimately do what everyone else does—- whether it’s a different uniform every game ala Oregon, piped in gangsta music, Jumbotron, recruiting gimmicks ( equipment truck to Ga). It’s time to join the ACC full time and punt one west coast team. Keep either Stanford or SC for west coast recruiting, forget about Michigan , fill in a full ACC schedule with Navy ( because we’ll always play them and 95% of the time it’s a win), and a couple other gimmes. ACC has the potential to be an awesome conference if Miami and FSU get back to where they can be. Full ACC would be great for recruiting south of Mason Dixon Line. Like all these other changes we ultimately made , this too will happen. Timing is good now while miami and FSU are still weak

Very good post yet funky new uniforms jumbo tron ect have not elevated ND to the status of the Clemson Bama tOSU they were just cheap gimmicks to make themselves feel better.
Joining the ACC or any conference for that matter will not help rise ND in recruiting...the farther the university goes down this rabbit hole is its next lmove to lower the standards for ball players. Then you will have those crying why do ball players get special treatment.
Their will...maybe it's now to the point where ND must take as stand or fold their tent

Last edited:
Reactions: tbonesays
Personally, I think it would be great for ND to join as a full member in football. Just curious though, why would you say the ACC needs ND more than ND needs the ACC? I get the value of the brand but how much would 3 additional games really be worth?

We help provide football ticket sales and tv ratings for the basketball first schools, of which the ACC has more than any other P5. In a down year like 2018, the ACC has only Clemson to deliver big games.

There is no compelling reason why ND will benefit from full ACC-membership or an other conference.

Still haven't seen a good reason expressed by anyone as to why it would NOT be a good reason to join a conference. I hear things like tradition, we're different, etc. In other words, nobody has a good reason.

Reactions: Ddionne1983

So true. Kids don't give a crap about Rockne, or even the days of Holtz. They probably don't even know who they are. It's meaningless to them.

Reactions: Ddionne1983
Forever iNDepeNDent in football. ND is a national university. Just look at the hometowns on the roster. Recruiting top 10 classes with a mediocre head coach and two seasons from a 4-8 finish. This only comes from national exposure of an iNDepeNDent schedule. No benefit what so ever for ND to join a conf. Lowering academic standards would allow ND to compete with $EC and Clems of the world but it wont happen.

Still haven't seen a good reason expressed by anyone as to why it would NOT be a good reason to join a conference. I hear things like tradition, we're different, etc. In other words, nobody has a good reason.
I still have not heard the benefit of joining a conference.

It will not help out recruiting because the standards are the standards

It will not help with exposure because ND already has unique identity through its history and is already world renowned Their games are always on TV

Why split NDs revenue? No conference will let nd being a full member yet collecting it's own NBC check.

Conference championship game? An e tra game for needless injuries.

Need to be full in the ACC. Or just join another conference. You dinosaurs who just keep talking about tradition are the type of people who hold this team back.

You must be out of your mind !

12-0 and you think not joining a conference is holding the team back ? ?

If you join a conference you no longer control your own destiny and you lose a significant portion of your identity.

Why would an intelligent individual forfeit those two items ?

So true. Kids don't give a crap about Rockne, or even the days of Holtz. They probably don't even know who they are. It's meaningless to them.

As meaningless at it may seem to build on top of the shoulders of those who came before is priceless. They will know of them and what they've done soon enough.

Think of it as the Marine Corps. Building on those who came before you. How many young people know the USMC is part of the Navy? The USMC is unique as is ND.
Mire so than any other university

I get you evidently do not experience what ND was but to think its replaceable like old carpet is foolish. Blame the AD for countless bad hires and the trouble brian Kelly has winning the major bowl games aside from getting blown out in them from his time at UC to the present.

ND will find its way back on it's own this much I'm sure of.

It’s a core tenant and identity of the university. You can slide that aside but I assure you the school will not sacrifice this part of its core identity for football. The fact that nd got in this year w/o winning a conf title shows they don’t have to join. This may not be ideal for football and we may both agree they may eventually be forced, but these are the current facts.

hallelujah, someone gets it! (and you can add George Washinton to those names)

The reason is that ND would become a regional school instead of national. Without Independence ND becomes another Pitt or Northwestern. There is not enough athletic talent in the upper Midwest to contend for football championships.

Reactions: 88ND
ND will never give up it's independence in football for should it.

hallelujah, someone gets it! (and you can add George Washinton to those names)
That's not accurate...

Having said that they can use the tradition but they must win currently...then they can reference days of yore and bridge the gap.

The problem is this program has suffered since Holtz and in reality fell off earth since 1993.

A major bowl win would be a step in the right direction. Just one for god sake.

It's been 25 years and after Saturday's blood bath still counting since a major bowl win.

That's not accurate...

Having said that they can use the tradition but they must win currently...then they can reference days of yore and bridge the gap.

The problem is this program has suffered since Holtz and in reality fell off earth since 1993.

A major bowl win would be a step in the right direction. Just one for god sake.

It's been 25 years and after Saturday's blood bath still counting since a major bowl win.

“They must win currently” ?

What do you call 12-0 ?

I call it winning currently and being undefeated in the regular season.

Can’t do better than 12-0 with a 12 game schedule !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT