ADVERTISEMENT

That ugly style of O has caught up to Stanford

FloridaFBCoach

Hi I'm new here
Aug 31, 2019
That “smash mouth” ball control style of football is no longer palatable to recruits and spectators. Stanford’s stadium was half full for the home opener vs NW and USC showed last night how badly Shaw has fallen off in recruiting,

Costello being out hurts but that style of ball is supposed to let you plug and play at QB because you are not pitching it all over the field.

SC hired Graham Harrell as OC the old Texas Tech QB and another long line of “Air Raid” disciples that started when Hal Mumme and Tim Couch were throwing the ball 60 times a game at UK in the late 90s. Since that time?

Mike Leach
Dana Holgerson
Kliff Kingsbury
Lincoln Reily
Josh Huepel
Graham Harrell

I hope Brian Kelly stays at ND forever. But when ND hires its next coach it should be an Air Raid guy! Lincoln Reily and now Graham Harrell are the first guys to run that wide open and SIMPLE offense at schools that can get big time recruits. And the results are coming in.

Other than service academies? Smash Mouth is DEAD

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
SC needs to jettison Helton infavor of holding onto Harrell. Helton is not just dead weight he actually is a negativeinfluence with recruiting. While there recruits are, looking and saying, ‘no way’!

SC needs to jettison Helton infavor of holding onto Harrell. Helton is not just dead weight he actually is a negativeinfluence with recruiting. While there recruits are, looking and saying, ‘no way’!

Please
No one said that when the irish went 4 an 8.

At the end, remember CW’s pathetic postures on the sidelines, mittens and all, nose dripping! Well Helton makes him look like Socrates!

Stan's RB is not the caliber of previous and a new QB allows D to focus on run.

That “smash mouth” ball control style of football is no longer palatable to recruits and spectators. Stanford’s stadium was half full for the home opener vs NW and USC showed last night how badly Shaw has fallen off in recruiting,

Costello being out hurts but that style of ball is supposed to let you plug and play at QB because you are not pitching it all over the field.

SC hired Graham Harrell as OC the old Texas Tech QB and another long line of “Air Raid” disciples that started when Hal Mumme and Tim Couch were throwing the ball 60 times a game at UK in the late 90s. Since that time?

Mike Leach
Dana Holgerson
Kliff Kingsbury
Lincoln Reily
Josh Huepel
Graham Harrell

I hope Brian Kelly stays at ND forever. But when ND hires its next coach it should be an Air Raid guy! Lincoln Reily and now Graham Harrell are the first guys to run that wide open and SIMPLE offense at schools that can get big time recruits. And the results are coming in.

Stanfords style is beautiful and right for the body types that they can recruit.

Someone should remind Brain Dead Irish Poet that the 2016 season ended over 2.5 years ago..Since then Brian Kelly has gone 23-4 / Led ND to the College Football Playoff / Secured a second 12-0 regular season / And currently has ND 1-0 and ranked #7 in the nation.

As far as Kelly being 3-6 vs Stanford. That has about as much meaning and relevance TODAY, as Charlie Weis's 4-1 record vs Stanford during his 5 year tenure. ZERO.

I know it hurts the feelings of Faux ND fans like Brain Dead Irish Poet who sported word every time Brian Kelly lost a game in 2016. And will surely be sporting wood if ND comes of short at Georgia.

But the reality of the situation is there were LOTS of people who believed Brian Kelly was the right man for the job in 2016. They include:
1. Jack Swarbrick
2. People who actually understand football
3. People with an IQ over 70

The handful of Low IQ misfit toys on this board who were euphoric in 2016, have more egg on their face than a short order cook at The Waffle House, The only time these dopes have crawled out from under the rock in which they reside? Is on the very rare occasion ND has lost a football game over the past 2.5 seasons. Should the odds makers be right in 2 weeks. Look for the same cast of sorry buffoons to be out in force after Georgia. And that is PATHETIC with a capital P.

Stanford's style is out! Chip Kelly's style is in!

1034162352.jpg.0.jpg

Mike Leach
Dana Holgerson
Kliff Kingsbury
Lincoln Reily
Josh Huepel
Graham Harrell

Stanford’s stadium is rarely full.

Tell Navy and Army that “Ball Control” football doesn’t work.

As to “Air Raid” football, I read that article too.

Tell us how “Air Raid” football works in November and December in Minnesota, Wisconsin and other northern climates,

TOP is critical in football and “Air Raid” football is the antithesis of TOP.

A strong running game leads to domination !

Someone should remind Brain Dead Irish Poet that the 2016 season ended over 2.5 years ago..Since then Brian Kelly has gone 23-4 / Led ND to the College Football Playoff / Secured a second 12-0 regular season / And currently has ND 1-0 and ranked #7 in the nation.

As far as Kelly being 3-6 vs Stanford. That has about as much meaning and relevance TODAY, as Charlie Weis's 4-1 record vs Stanford during his 5 year tenure. ZERO.

I know it hurts the feelings of Faux ND fans like Brain Dead Irish Poet who sported word every time Brian Kelly lost a game in 2016. And will surely be sporting wood if ND comes of short at Georgia.

But the reality of the situation is there were LOTS of people who believed Brian Kelly was the right man for the job in 2016. They include:
1. Jack Swarbrick

The handful of Low IQ misfit toys on this board who were euphoric in 2016, have more egg on their face than a short order cook at The Waffle House, The only time these dopes have crawled out from under the rock in which they reside? Is on the very rare occasion ND has lost a football game over the past 2.5 seasons. Should the odds makers be right in 2 weeks. Look for the same cast of sorry buffoons to be out in force after Georgia. And that is PATHETIC with a capital P.
YAWN

What's your beef laundry boy?
I have given Kelly credit the past couple seasons how could one not?

I know you say having a losing record against Stanford is no big deal but lets be honest......its eating you alive.
A style of football you have no comprehension of has taking it to Kelly and it's killing you.
Trivia question how many ND coaches got beat by Navy twice?
Get over it. Its only football not life, or death.
I know you would like to toute Kelly NCs and major bowl wins to make your argument stronger, but where did his THREE undefeated seasons as a D1 coach get him...tick tock tick tock....an ass beating souring the end of a wonderful season
News Flash...
I'm hoping the Irish win the NC this season (as with every season) and I'm sure the Irish are going to pound Stanford this year from what i seen of them, but that doesn't take away the fact Stanford is in your head.......could it be......
Stanford Derangement Syndrome?
Is it David Shaw?
Did he not recognize your brilliance in a conversation?
Did he not take your advice, or is it that he's won two Rose Bowls at a university with higher standard than ND? Which ever it is you need to get over it.
It's not healthy
Tell you what I'll be your punching bag if it makes you feel better. After all I'm a team player.
If theres anything else i can do to make your day better please let me know

Reactions: d1042
What's your beef laundry boy?
I have given Kelly credit the past couple seasons how could one not?

I know you say having a losing record against Stanford is no big deal but lets be honest......its eating you alive.
A style of football you have no comprehension of has taking it to Kelly and it's killing you.
Trivia question how many ND coaches got beat by Navy twice?
Get over it. Its only football not life, or death.
I know you would like to toute Kelly NCs and major bowl wins to make your argument stronger, but where did his THREE undefeated seasons as a D1 coach get him...tick tock tick tock....an ass beating souring the end of a wonderful season
News Flash...
I'm hoping the Irish win the NC this season (as with every season) and I'm sure the Irish are going to pound Stanford this year from what i seen of them, but that doesn't take away the fact Stanford is in your head.......could it be......
Stanford Derangement Syndrome?
Is it David Shaw?
Did he not recognize your brilliance in a conversation?
Did he not take your advice, or is it that he's won two Rose Bowls at a university with higher standard than ND? Which ever it is you need to get over it.
It's not healthy
Tell you what I'll be your punching bag if it makes you feel better. After all I'm a team player.
If theres anything else i can do to make your day better please let me know
Ouch....epic smacking!

1. Jack Swarbrick

And where were you after the 4-8 season clown. Bandwagoners have no business criticizing anyone. I will give Kelly all the credit he deserves if he can get back to the playoff. But if this season turns into another 4 or 5 win season then Kelly's head should roll. I will always hope ND wins but I was here for that 4-8 season and the BCS and Playoff blowouts too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT