ADVERTISEMENT

Still got it baby!

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
And this is why we don’t need a conference

Notre Dame-Navy averaged 3.81 million viewers on NBC, Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms.

The viewership numbers make it the most-watched Notre Dame season opener on NBC in three years. Notre Dame vs Navy in Week 0 in Dublin officially had more viewers than the 2022 ACC Championship Game

And this is why we don’t need a conference

Notre Dame-Navy averaged 3.81 million viewers on NBC, Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms.

The viewership numbers make it the most-watched Notre Dame season opener on NBC in three years. Notre Dame vs Navy in Week 0 in Dublin officially had more viewers than the 2022 ACC Championship Game
Not too shabby being the only game in town.

Certainly not trying to be a downer but I expected higher viewership with it being the first college football game of the year and no other games being on TV at the time.

I’ve been paying pretty close attention to TV ratings for the last year and have noticed NBC games in general are lower. Obviously that’s been purely ND games for college, so I’m interested to see how NBC does with the new Big10 night games. Even Washington State and Wisconsin did bigger numbers last year than ND Navy this year, and they were competing with other time slots.

NBC only had the highest viewership one time last year for NFL and it was week 1 Dallas and Tampa Bay.

Reactions: nemeth#5
The ratings have everything to do with the game being the first game of the season with no competitor in the viewing window.

Gotta make the move to cbs and the ratings will jump up. This was an okay number. Not great

Certainly not trying to be a downer but I expected higher viewership with it being the first college football game of the year and no other games being on TV at the time.

I’ve been paying pretty close attention to TV ratings for the last year and have noticed NBC games in general are lower. Obviously that’s been purely ND games for college, so I’m interested to see how NBC does with the new Big10 night games. Even Washington State and Wisconsin did bigger numbers last year than ND Navy this year, and they were competing with other time slots.

NBC only had the highest viewership one time last year for NFL and it was week 1 Dallas and Tampa Bay.
People/pubs did not turn on NBC to see what game is on in the way they did ABC or even CBS. You have to check whether there is a game on before turning on NBC.

Also some markets bumped the Navy game for awful nfl preseason.

Reactions: Holycrossover3
The ratings have everything to do with the game being the first game of the season with no competitor in the viewing window.
So, if OSU ratings are down in Week 1, we can blame that on ND being on a different broadcast channel at the same time?

People/pubs did not turn on NBC to see what game is on in the way they did ABC or even CBS. You have to check whether there is a game on before turning on NBC.

Also some markets bumped the Navy game for awful nfl preseason.
Pubs also don’t leave on NBC all day for back to back games like they do for ABC/Fox/CBS. Good point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT