ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford Prediction Thread

FightingIrish44

Fighting Irish Fanatic
May 7, 2009
ND 38
Stanford 17

I don’t think this will be a game that ND throws for 300 just because Stanford isn’t considered a good team i.e. ND won’t try to throw the ball all over the place IMO, but they very well may still put up a lot of yards passing similar to Purdue.

ND 38
Stanford 17

I don’t think this will be a game that ND throws for 300 just because Stanford isn’t considered a good team i.e. ND won’t try to throw the ball all over the place IMO, but they very well may still put up a lot of yards passing similar to Purdue.
We didn’t put up a lot of yards passing vs Purdue, just over 200.

Stanford will sell out to stop the run. If we can pass effectively early we blow them out, if not it could be a close game for awhile.

Freeman and denbrock hyped up Riley this week. Let’s see if we can at some point look like a playoff team that can win a game. Need to throw to do that.

We didn’t put up a lot of yards passing vs Purdue, just over 200.

Stanford will sell out to stop the run. If we can pass effectively early we blow them out, if not it could be a close game for awhile.

Freeman and denbrock hyped up Riley this week. Let’s see if we can at some point look like a playoff team that can win a game. Need to throw to do that.
That’s precisely why I said “similar” to Purdue. 233 yards in a game that was over by half time is kind of a lot of yards. I’m confident that ND could have thrown for 300 yards.

I disagree that a team needs to throw a lot to win a playoff game. Just score more points.

That’s precisely why I said “similar” to Purdue. 233 yards in a game that was over by half time is kind of a lot of yards. I’m confident that ND could have thrown for 300 yards.

I disagree that a team needs to throw a lot to win a playoff game. Just score more points.
Curiosity got the best of me, so I had to look up the stats for the ND-Purdue game.

Leonard: 11 of 16 for 112 yards, no TDs, no Ints.
Angeli: 6 of 9 for 100 yards, 2 TDs, no Ints.
Minchey: 1 of 1 for 4 yards, 0 TDs, no Ints.

It's hard for me to believe that Leonard was surrounded by better players and had better coaching at Duke when he threw for nearly 3,000 yards in 2022.

Curiosity got the best of me, so I had to look up the stats for the ND-Purdue game.

Leonard: 11 of 16 for 112 yards, no TDs, no Ints.
Angeli: 6 of 9 for 100 yards, 2 TDs, no Ints.
Minchey: 1 of 1 for 4 yards, 0 TDs, no Ints.

It's hard for me to believe that Leonard was surrounded by better players and had better coaching at Duke when he threw for nearly 3,000 yards in 2022.

I’d bet that Duke had a better offensive line in 2022 than ND does in 2024. ND is really doing whatever they can to scrape by and put up some points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT