ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Smooth transition: 2026 cornerback AJ Marks thriving at IMG Academy

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy traveled to Indianapolis on Friday and defeated Ben Davis 34-14. After seeing him in multiple camp settings, I got my first look at Notre Dame 2026 cornerback prospect AJ Marks in real game action. Marks is the No. 3 cornerback on the Ascenders behind Georgia 2024 five-star cornerback commit Ellis Robinson and 2025 cornerback Noah Francis.

Marks told me his transition to IMG Academy has been great since transferring from Farmington Hills (Mich.) Orchard Lake in the summer. He chose to transfer because of the opportunity to compete against the best and prepare for the college level.

Marks saw his only playing time in the second half and caught his first interception of the season in the fourth quarter. He returned it for a pick-six. After the turnover, he allowed one reception on an out route that was short of the first down marker. Marks didn't allow any other receptions.

"It felt great," Marks told Inside ND Sports. "I seen the ball. I just had to make sure I didn't drop it. I had to get the ball first and then I see a bunch of green grass .... it was a great feeling to celebrate with my teammates."

The 5-foot-10, 150-pound defensive back visited Notre Dame in the spring and returned for June's Irish Invasion where he stood out. He told me cornerbacks coach Mike Mickens was one of his favorite position coaches he met in the last year. Marks said during camp, Mickens coached the group in football and life which set him apart from other coaches.

With a strong sophomore season, Marks is a candidate to receive an offer from the Irish in the next year.

"They just haven't pulled the offer yet but all I can do is control what I can control," Marks said. "Notre Dame has always been a great powerhouse. It's always had a great football team. Going to Notre Dame even after football, you're going to be set up for life even after you're done playing football."

Rivals has not assigned ratings or rankings to prospects in the 2026 recruiting class. Marks holds 14 total offers including Kansas, Louisville, Michigan State and Penn State. He's also receiving interest from Notre Dame, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, UCLA, USC and Wisconsin.

Marks said he's heard the most from Kansas, Michigan State and Penn State. His dream school is LSU and he told me he's starting to establish contact with the Tigers, Florida and Miami (Fla.).

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News