ADVERTISEMENT

Small but important recruiting group for NCST game

Telx1

I've posted how many times?
May 13, 2012
This is a pretty important recruiting weekend even though it pales in comparison to the size of the group that hit campus last week. Two four star DB 2018 targets that are committed elsewhere will be on campus: Boykin and Taylor. Both are intriguing to me and would love to flip these guys from Maryland and Tenn respectively. Taylor is the more intriguing of the two, but would be thrilled with either or both. We also have McIntosh’s younger brother who’s a 2019 target and same year OL target Correl at this game. Both are highly regarded four stars, with McIntosh being a top five athlete and intriguing prospect.

Alontae Taylor, Rivals 5.9 (top 150), and composite 4 star would be a REALLY nice flip.

Thanks for the heads up.

I heard Boykin and Taylor are actually NCSU fans and they will both have Pack gear on underneath their ND gear. Interesting tidbit.

This is a pretty important recruiting weekend even though it pales in comparison to the size of the group that hit campus last week. Two four star DB 2018 targets that are committed elsewhere will be on campus: Boykin and Taylor. Both are intriguing to me and would love to flip these guys from Maryland and Tenn respectively. Taylor is the more intriguing of the two, but would be thrilled with either or both. We also have McIntosh’s younger brother who’s a 2019 target and same year OL target Correl at this game. Both are highly regarded four stars, with McIntosh being a top five athlete and intriguing prospect.
Kind of odd

I understand the impact Notre dame-usc game can have on a recruit but NC State in my mind has always been the tougher opponent the last 3 weeks, which could have a bigger impact on top recruits especially those in the south and there's got to be more than a small group of Southern recruits on Notre Dame's radar

Kind of odd

I understand the impact Notre dame-usc game can have on a recruit but NC State in my mind has always been the tougher opponent the last 3 weeks, which could have a bigger impact on top recruits especially those in the south and there's got to be more than a small group of Southern recruits on Notre Dame's radar
I think most of our southern targets came for the Georga game. Hated the fact there were thirty thousand Georgia fans in our stadium that day!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Article below.
https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Gallery/Notre-Dame-NC-State-visitor-preview-109481522
Here is a preview of who is expected this weekend.

Washington (DC) Woodson HD four-star cornerback Noah Boykin heads to town for an official visit. The 6-2, 170-pounder is committed to Maryland, but keeping an eye on the Irish. Notre Dame will look to flip the No. 271 overall player and No. 26 cornerback in the country from the 2018 class.

Manchester (Tenn.) Coffee County Central four-star cornerback Alontae Taylor heads to town for his official visit. The longtime Tennessee commitment is taking a close look at the Irish, as the staff is one of the only ones recruiting him to play in the secondary. The 6-0, 182-pounder is rated the No. 149 overall player in the nation in the 2018 class per the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Wichita (Kan.) Northwest four-star defensive end Marcus Hicks, a 2019 recruit, heads to town. Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma and others have offered the Top247 target.

Cincinnati (Ohio) Anderson four-star offensive guard Zeke Correll, a Top247 recruit in the 2019 class, will be on campus. Kentucky, Northwestern, Ohio State, Wisconsin and others have offered the country’s No. 243 overall player.

Cincinnati (Ohio) Archbishop Moeller four-star offensive guard Zach Carpenter, a 2019 target, will head to campus for the first time. Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Rutgers and UCLA are a few of his early offers.

South Lake (Texas) Carroll four-star Top100 cornerback RJ Mickens, the nation’s No. 38 overall player in the 2020 class, is expected on campus this weekend. The No. 2 cornerback in the nation has an incredible offer list including Alabama, Duke, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas A&M and others. Mickens is the son of former A&M standout Ray Mickens.

Mount Juliet (Tenn.) high school four-star athlete Reggie Grimes is another Top100 recruit from the class of 2020 expected in South Bend Saturday. The nation’s No. 79 overall recruit and No. 6 athlete in the country holds offers from Ole Miss, South Carolina and Tennessee. Like with Mickens, Notre Dame is on offer watch here.

Ocala (Fla.) Vanguard four-star offensive tackle Miller Merriweather-Lewis, a 2020 recruit, will be on campus. The nation’s No. 9 offensive tackle per 247Sports has an offer list that includes Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina and others.

Wylie (Texas) high school three-star wide receiver Donovan Ollie is expected in town. The 6-3, 180-pounder from the class of 2019 doesn’t hold any offers yet, but Notre Dame, SMU, Texas A&M, Arkansas and many others are expressing a ton of interest.

Louisville (Ga.) Jefferson County defensive tackle Aaron Hall, a 6-3, 278-pounder from the 2019 class, arrives with an offer from Wake Forest in hand.

Portsmouth (Va.) I.C. Noncom 2019 cornerback Cassan Dixon will visit this Saturday and see N.C. State in action, a school he holds an offer from, an the Irish, a program showing early interest.

Marietta (Ga.) Pope three-star wide receiver Zach Owens is a 2019 target without any offers yet, but the nation’s No. 51 wide receiver in his class is receiving interest from Notre Dame, Georgia, Tennessee, Auburn and others.

Lenexa (Kan.) St. Thomas Aquinas three-star safety Jayden Russell will visit Notre Dame. The 2019 target has Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and Toledo offers.

Alpharetta (Ga.) Milton three-star linebacker Allen Walker is expected on campus. The 2019 recruit is rated the No. 37 outside linebacker in the country and has Mississippi State and Southern Miss on his offer list.

Cartersville (Ga.) high school quarterback Tee Webb is expected on campus. He has offers from Austin Peay, Louisville, Mercer and Rutgers.

Rome (Ga.) Darlington School quarterback Griffin Brewster is heading to campus. He already has a Louisville offer.

Montvale (N.J.) St. Joseph Regional quarterback Michael Alaimo will arrive on campus this weekend. He has offers from Pittsburgh and Rutgers, as well as heavy interest from the Irish, Georgia, Florida, Duke and Miami.

Athens (Ga.) Athens Academy class of 2020 cornerback Jalen Huff arrives with an offer list that includes Arkansas State, Kentucky, Louisiana Tech and Syracuse.

Bellevue (Wash.) Eastside Catholic 2020 cornerback Ayden Hector is visiting. He has a USC offer at this time.

Bellevue (Wash.) Eastside Catholic 2020 tight end D.J. Rogers is heading to South Bend. He has an offer from USC, as well as heavy interest from Notre Dame, Washington and UCLA.

Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic 2020 offensive line target Bryan Feller is coming to town. He has an offer from Army.

Desoto (Texas) high school class of 2020 cornerback Jabbar Muhammad is expected on campus. He has offers from Oklahoma State and Oregon State.

Lockwood (Mich.) Oscar A. Carlson 2020 wide receiver Ian Stewart will be at the game on Saturday. His offer list includes Akron, Central Michigan and N.C. State.

Louisville (Ky.) Christian Academy of Louisville 2020 offensive lineman John Young will be on campus. He has an offer from Iowa State.

From what I read, Taylor is supposedly the lead "recruit" recruiter for Tenn from their current class. Obviously he needs to keep his options open as he waits to see what happens to the coaching staff at the end of the year. Would be a great flip if we can pull it off but feels like a tough one.

From what I read, Taylor is supposedly the lead "recruit" recruiter for Tenn from their current class. Obviously he needs to keep his options open as he waits to see what happens to the coaching staff at the end of the year. Would be a great flip if we can pull it off but feels like a tough one.

Totally agree....However, I think Anzalone met that same description for us in 2013. So, there is no harm in still making a hard push.

If we get him, it becomes bonus !

This week I rewatched the MST game and the USC game. This is a solid, really well coached team who will all get their degrees from at top 15 (academic) college.

I really hope we an keep it going vs. a good NCSt team. If so, recruits will follow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT