ADVERTISEMENT

saban

There was no way Kelly could justify sitting one of these kids to start the season .

One obvious reason to play both would be to protect against one of them leaving and forcing Wimbush to be #2 .

Also this gives ND incredible flexibility w game planning and creating a preparation nightmare for opposing coaches .

The way the geniuses at ESPN spin it, it has nothing to do with creating a planning nightmare for Texas and everything to do with preventing either MZ or DK from transferring. I'll go with the nightmare angle because I really believe the players know who will start and who they respond to. Announcing it just so the analysts can pontificate about BKs decision makes no sense.

Reactions: greengael
Playing two quarterbacks vs USC. Guess he's dumb too.

Huh?

"We're sort of down to two guys here," Saban said. "Cooper Bateman and Blake Barnett are probably the two guys that we're getting ready to play in this game, and that's the way it's gonna be for right now. We're gonna try to continue to develop all of our guys, and we make this choice with what's gonna give us the best chance to win this game but it's also about future development of our players. And we're gonna play the guy that's the most ready to give us the best chance, but we also want to continue to develop guys that can compete at this position in the future. That's kind of where it is right now. There's really nothing else to talk about."

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Nick-Saban-Alabamas-QB-race-is-down-to-two-players-47035313

Why would either guy transfer in September and potentially miss all that time and a title run when an injury could change everything. Kelly will have 2 different packages. I mean Cmon... Use your head.

Why would either guy transfer in September and potentially miss all that time and a title run when an injury could change everything. Kelly will have 2 different packages. I mean Cmon... Use your head.

why would either guy transfer ?

If I'm either one of those guys if I'm not on the field by game three -- next bus out of town .

If I'm either one of those guys if I'm not on the field by game three -- next bus out of town .
My understanding is that they would still have to sit for the 2017 season (assuming they transfer to a D1 school) right? So I guess it makes sense to stick it out this year because transferring mid-season wouldn't speed up the transfer process? Not positive here.

My understanding is that they would still have to sit for the 2017 season (assuming they transfer to a D1 school) right? So I guess it makes sense to stick it out this year because transferring mid-season wouldn't speed up the transfer process? Not positive here.

Kelly is making sure that it is a non issue :))

That still doesn't make sense no matter how upset the other guy is. The other guy would still have to sit out the remainder of the year if he transferred regardless. It's much better to sit on the bench and be the number 2 guy in 2016 with a chance to play if number 1 gets hurt than to not play at all in 2016 no matter what happens. If Zaire happens to be the number 2 guy he will be eligible for the graduate transfer rule in 2017 which means, if he decided to transfer before the start of the 2017 season, he wouldn't have to sit out a year. But again, if either decided to transfer this year neither would be eligible to play in 2016.

My hope is both kids thrive this season and both go on to have NFL careers when their done @ ND and in the interim The Irish go 12-0 - this seems like a reasonable perspective from where I sit .

Lastly I hope Wimbush does not see the field this yr . The program needs to get proper spacing again @ QB .

BTW Avery Davis is a star . Davis can flat out ball -- really impressive watching him break down defenses w his feet .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodizephax
Stanford to play 2 Qb's as well.

Kizer & ND were dreadful in the red zone last yr --ND needed to fix that in a big way . My guess is we see Zaire taking over red zone responsibilities and with the addition of Folston hopefully red zone offense becomes a program strength . If it does ring up 12-0 . ND's rush defense will be good enough to get teams off the field and keep any game close so if we score in the red zone I don't think we lose a game .

If our red zone production remains the same as last yr - all bets are off . I don't think that happens however w Zaire - Folston and three long receivers ( Boykin , Claypool , St.Brown running fade routes ) at Kelly's disposal . I hope I'm right .

Reactions: Bodizephax
Huh?

"We're sort of down to two guys here," Saban said. "Cooper Bateman and Blake Barnett are probably the two guys that we're getting ready to play in this game, and that's the way it's gonna be for right now. We're gonna try to continue to develop all of our guys, and we make this choice with what's gonna give us the best chance to win this game but it's also about future development of our players. And we're gonna play the guy that's the most ready to give us the best chance, but we also want to continue to develop guys that can compete at this position in the future. That's kind of where it is right now. There's really nothing else to talk about."

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Nick-Saban-Alabamas-QB-race-is-down-to-two-players-47035313
right. he's playing both. he said it yesterday.

Reactions: Pennick44
right. he's playing both. he said it yesterday.

Yeah, but what's Saban know. He said pretty much the same thing at this time last year, and we see how last season worked out for Alabama. Saban's clearly too indecisive for the job. He just doesn't understand that you have to name a starter by the end of fall camp. Guy's clueless.

Reactions: Pennick44
I repeat. He said something along the lines "I will play not 1 but 2 Qb's." 2 is more than 1.
So, you don't have a quote....
"And we're gonna play the guy that's the most ready to give us the best chance..."

Watch the video dummy.

Here's what he said:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT