ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Rivals250 OL Austin Siereveld discusses top six

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Rivals national recruiting analyst Clint Cosgrove caught up with four-star OL Austin Siereveld after he released a top six that included Iowa, Michigan, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, Alabama and Ohio State.

The two spoke on video, but Siereveld's connection was a bit spotty. I've included a rough transcript below but excluded quotation marks.

Siereveld said he probably won't make a commitment until after he makes official visits, which he has yet to schedule. He visited Notre Dame and Cincinnati right before the dead period started Jan. 31.

On why he released a top six now: February’s a dead period and I really wanted to get it down to a list of schools for March, so I can visit some spring practices and stuff like that.

On Iowa: I have a really good connection with (offensive line) coach (George) Barnett. They’re a running program. At my high school we run the triple option ... You have to be physical to do that.

On Michigan: They obviously won the Big Ten last year. They got the Joe Moore Award for the best offensive line in the country. They’re a run team too. It’s pretty much the same thing as Iowa. Good connection with the coach.

Cincinnati: Cincinnati’s the hometown. I’m like 30 minutes from them. I’ve been following them for the longest time now. With (head) coach (Luke) Fickell and all them, they have something going on down there.

Notre Dame: (Offensive line) coach (Harry) Hiestand is the best in the business. When I went up there for the junior day, I had a great time. Campus was awesome. (Head) coach (Marcus) Freeman’s the best. The connection he has with Cincinnati as a city is pretty cool, because we always talk about stuff going on in the Liberty Township/West Chester area. To have that conversation with a head coach about your local area that he knows is cool.

On Alabama: They develop guys every year. They win national championships every year. (Offensive line) coach (Eric) Wolford, (head) coach (Nick) Saban have been contacting me a lot. I like what they’re doing down there. That’s what you want as a football player. Things they can offer you for sports and academically down there is what you want.

On Ohio State: They’ve probably been the longest contact for me. I’ve been up there with camp and stuff. (Offensive line) coach (Justin) Frye is the best. My relationship with him is really good right now. We’ve been getting on the phone every other day. He’s someone I can see myself playing for in college.

Reactions: joemontana
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News