ADVERTISEMENT

Richest college athletics apparel deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God Notre Dame not only is signing the richest apparel deal in CFB and CFB Athletics, surpassing Texas, Ohio State, and Michigan...they're also not doing the monkey see monkey do thing and following the majority of CFB with Nike.

Blaze your own trail.

Last edited:
Thank God Notre Dame not only is signing the richest apparel deal in CFB and CFB Athletics, surpassing Texas, Ohio State, and Michigan...they're also not doing the monkey see monkey do thing and following the majority of CFB with Nike.

Blaze your own trail.
Or go with Nike and give your players the best product and what they actually want

Or go with Nike and give your players the best product and what they actually want
While ignoring the many ethical and moral issues that go with the brand the fact is, they didn't come to the table with a real offer...meaning it was not on par with under armor.

Reactions: NDinNJ and mookied
When a football jersey is produced for $25 but valued at $200, "cash and gear" is much less than simply "cash".

While ignoring the many ethical and moral issues that go with the brand the fact is, they didn't come to the table with a real offer...meaning it was not on par with under armor.
Most companies have moral and ethical issues. Get off the high horse

So it was all about the money....dont cry when the players go to the NIL school then. They are following our lead. Go to the highest bidder

Who’s seeing all that money? Certainly not the student athletes.
WHY should the student athletes get money unrelated to any input or work effort on their part ?

ND does NOT put a player’s name on any Jersey.

The University is more important than any one player or any collective of players

WHY should the student athletes get money unrelated to any input or work effort on their part ?

ND does NOT put a player’s name on any Jersey.

The University is more important than any one player or any collective of players

Sounds like you support slave labor.

Sounds like you support slave labor.
Sounds like you’re a complete moron.

Getting a free education and free room and board that is presently worth about $ 100,000 a year is hardly “slave labor”

”Slave labor” is “forced labor” and not one of those student-athletes has been “forced” to attend Notre Dame. And none of them have been forced to play football !
Their attendance and participation is 100 % voluntary !

That education will also become exponentially more valuable in time.

Based on your absurd Liberal views the players should get a percentage of the concessions, the food and beverage sales in the stadium.

What do you do for a living ?

So it was all about the money....dont cry when the players go to the NIL school then. They are following our lead. Go to the highest bidder
Notre Dame will never partner with Nike. Ever. You knew this long ago.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Notre Dame will never partner with Nike. Ever. You knew this long ago.
It's idiotic. And also something I don't believe

If Nike offered more then that's who we would be with right now

I believe it's all about the money

Sounds like you’re a complete moron.

Getting a free education and free room and board that is presently worth about $ 100,000 a year is hardly “slave labor”

”Slave labor” is “forced labor” and not one of those student-athletes has been “forced” to attend Notre Dame. And none of them have been forced to play football !
Their attendance and participation is 100 % voluntary !

That education will also become exponentially more valuable in time.

Based on your absurd Liberal views the players should get a percentage of the concessions, the food and beverage sales in the stadium.

What do you do for a living ?

Sorry, indentured servitude.

I don’t care if they wear pink polka dots by Lululemon as long as they win. Non issue to me.
If you care so much about winning why don't you care when they are losing all year to their competitors on the recruiting trail?

Reactions: echowaker

I'm not on a high horse I don't care.

Notre Dame however has standards.

The decision making process starts and ends with what is best for the school and the athletes. Not fan boys worried about recruiting.

The players are getting millions in free gear.

I'm not on a high horse I don't care.

Notre Dame however has standards.

The decision making process starts and ends with what is best for the school and the athletes. Not fan boys worried about recruiting.
It starts and ends with money.

Let's not get into a conversation about Notre Dame and some of their "standards".

If they were so holy they wouldn't have even been negotiating with Nike. But they were, and Adidas.

UA was the highest bidder

Take the political jabs to The Main Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT