ADVERTISEMENT

Rees out coached himself....hope this isn't a trend.

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
#7....calling #7

Rees has no sense of feel and is a bad coach...???

Looks that way.

I will give him more than one game withoit BK to prove his worth but I have to tell ya...

#7 was punishing the DB's

Matter of fact they were starting to pray tackling at the ankles as they wanted no part of #7

What does Rees do? Start running him on lomg developing plays. That's not his game. Straight ahead and punish. The 3 yard average turns into 6 yard average come 4th quarter.

But nnnooooo...
We have give Tyree his touches...????

Rees has absolutely no sense of feel for the flow of the game.

I'll give him more time but it must improve!!!

Reactions: tbone3114
#7....calling #7

Looks that way.

I will give him more than one game withoit BK to prove his worth but I have to tell ya...

Matter of fact they were starting to pray tackling at the ankles as they wanted no part of #7

What does Rees do? Start running him on lomg developing plays. That's not his game. Straight ahead and punish. The 3 yard average turns into 6 yard average come 4th quarter.

But nnnooooo...

Reflecting on this game.. I will be the first to say I expected to much! First year head coach ... first year FULL TIME starting QB (who was situational last year) . They held the lead for 3 full quarters! I agree Estime wanted the ball and would have worn them out! They are a different offense with Patterson(IMO) Tyler showed great flashes(show me either Bryce Young or CJ Strouds first start... and who it was against!) As this team gels, they will only get better(Rees was very vanilla). People say Rees is aggressive... not sure I agree with that .... again my opinion. THIS IS NOT A BRIAN KELLY TEAM!!! Yes they must win the big games... believing that will happen until it does not! To say they did not hold their own, you don't know football! ND IS A TOP 5 team for sure... oh yea they held the no1 offense in the country to 7 points for three quarters, and I would argue that play call bringing the safeties on the touchdown changed the game! BRIGHT FUTURE!

#7....calling #7

Looks that way.

But nnnooooo...

Read more..post less.

#7....calling #7

Looks that way.

But nnnooooo...

I think this is spot on and said the very same thing after the game. Estime was getting 3 and 4 yards making 3rd and short. The play calling on 3rd down is to the offense's advantage versus 3rd and long. I get trying to run jet motion or Tyree to the outside but they were badly designed plays.

Reactions: 88ND
He needed to pick a lane. Feels like he fell victim to trying to keep everybody involved vs using his guys to dictate the game

#7....calling #7

Looks that way.

But nnnooooo...

Schematic advantages !

Reflecting on this game.. I will be the first to say I expected to much! First year head coach ... first year FULL TIME starting QB (who was situational last year) . They held the lead for 3 full quarters! I agree Estime wanted the ball and would have worn them out! They are a different offense with Patterson(IMO) Tyler showed great flashes(show me either Bryce Young or CJ Strouds first start... and who it was against!) As this team gels, they will only get better(Rees was very vanilla). People say Rees is aggressive... not sure I agree with that .... again my opinion. THIS IS NOT A BRIAN KELLY TEAM!!! Yes they must win the big games... believing that will happen until it does not! To say they did not hold their own, you don't know football! ND IS A TOP 5 team for sure... oh yea they held the no1 offense in the country to 7 points for three quarters, and I would argue that play call bringing the safeties on the touchdown changed the game! BRIGHT FUTURE!
I think you're being way too _____ way too early.

I love the optimism but OSU helped us out too.
#79 had five false starts...
A few over throws...a sure catch and run touchdown that was dropped ( the WR's talking to each other play)
A couple personal foul penalties.

Lastly it's the first game from both teams. Both teams might be really good or really average.

Game 1 is impossible to say these are definitely two top 5 teams in the country.

I'm only focused on game 1 and Rees did a lousy job IMO.

See it was the perfect setting to allow #7 to work his size and wear them dowm. OSU wasn't killing us with the pass and making enough mistakes to keep us in front 10-7.

In other words we didn't have to put anything on Buchner and just let #7 beat them down.

Some games you get behind the 8 ball and have to score quickly. This wasn't it.

Last night Rees had absolutely positively no sense of feel with the game.

A few over throws...a sure catch and run touchdown that was dropped ( the WR's talking to each other play)

Lastly it's the first game from both teams. Both teams might be really good or really average.

Game 1 is impossible to say these are definitely two top 5 teams in the country.

See it was the perfect setting to allow #7 to work his size and wear them dowm. OSU wasn't killing us with the pass and making enough mistakes to keep us in front 10-7.

In other words we didn't have to put anything on Buchner and just let #7 beat them down.

It was like he was still looking for something in the fourth quarter vs making. A decision after half and saying....this is what we are doing

It was like he was still looking for something in the fourth quarter vs making. A decision after half and saying....this is what we are doing
Yeah, some underpants after the OSU defense ripped him a new one!

He needed to pick a lane. Feels like he fell victim to trying to keep everybody involved vs using his guys to dictate the game
Agreed. Don't get me wrong spreading the wealth is great if you're a master running game tactician like Holtz was but Rees definitely is not that. Moreover it's hard to do that when you only implement one running back at a time.

OSU had players that could run with Tyree. He's quick but so was OSU's defense.

What they aren't is big. I don't care what the program says the OSU back seven is small. They are built to run not stop power football.

As I said #7 was ringing some bells out there only to be given a couple semi lateral run plays and then not even in the game.

It's a long season and some games Tyree might be the guy but last night #7 should've run the ball until his tongue was dragging

I’m still confused on our offensive identity. First game, new QB, I realize there are growing pains, but I expected a bit more fire from the O last night. Is Rees the problem? Is Buchner not ready to handle a full passing playbook? Probably too early to tell.

A couple hard truths from last night.
1. Our WRs had 3 catches. TOTAL. Not sure if that’s purely game plan or they’re not getting open.
2. Multiple opportunities to put OSU in a tough spot and our O simply failed.
2nd quarter up, 10-7, ball on their 35, 1st and 10. Punt. 1st drive after half, big 3 and out by the D, another goose egg from the O.
3. Offensive line was pushed around.

I realize it’s easy to pin it on Rees after a tough opening loss. But I couldn’t help but feel like the passing attack was eerily similar to when he was QB at ND. Bland. Either an 8 yard curl, or a go route. Just toss it up to Eifert (mayer) and hopefully we catch it or get a call. I can’t remember many combination routes last night. Not many crossers, digs, slants, posts. We didn’t even throw a running back screen. Bland offense. I’m not giving up on Rees yet, but he ran a bland offense in his tenure as an ND QB, and his only real coaching experience is under BK, so how much creativity can we really expect?

Obviously a post dedicated to offense but want to say I’m proud of the D giving us multiple opportunities last night. It’s hard to hold on when the offense is not sustaining drives. They did their job, and then some….

Reactions: Rionegro

2021 UGA 10 Clemson 3. One team went on to establish themselves as the true National Champ. The other went 10-3. Because they didn’t fix some things or couldn’t. So….. ND is either going to do the same or they will fix some things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT