ADVERTISEMENT

Redfield dismissed from team....

CFB: Notre Dame dismisses S Max Redfield and indefinitely suspends CB Devin Butler following recent arrestsvia @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Wonder if Max fessed up to the gun charge?

It's good to see ND take the high road. At other schools like O$U he would sit a game and be back on the field. Kids will never learn that way. Good for ND!

or at bama where you never even get slapped on the wrist like two of there players being caught by police with the same drugs as our players but getting nothing for it by saban and staff

Other schools wouldn't have suspended him because our first game is against Texas. They only suspend starters against teams they know they're going to beat anyway.

or at bama where you never even get slapped on the wrist like two of there players being caught by police with the same drugs as our players but getting nothing for it by saban and staff
They had a stolen gun also. The Tuscaloosa police decided not to pursue charges because they did not want to ruin a couple of young kids lives. Never happens like that in Indiana.

Can't say I'm surprised, but definitely saddened by this news. Feels like such a waste of talent. One thing that kind of bothers me though, is why was Redfield dismissed and the others weren't? I suppose it's because Redfield was the oldest and the staff was done tolerating his behavior?

Regardless, I truly hope Redfield continues to get his degree elsewhere and pursues his dreams. Good luck to you Max.

Who Todd lyght ?

You know who..... It all starts at the top. This is just another episode in the long list of on/off field failure/embarrassment for this HC. His lack of personal discipline permeates the team....
PS Todd Lyght is a stud.....our HC is a dud.

the days of curfews and chaperones is long gone.

What can the staff do to prevent this? ?

My thinking is that if ND will suffer these events from RKG's then forget those RKG's; as long as it's the new norm, get better thugs! winning thugs.

They had a stolen gun also. The Tuscaloosa police decided not to pursue charges because they did not want to ruin a couple of young kids lives. Never happens like that in Indiana.
At least get it right. They were arrested in Louisiana, not Tuscaloosa.

You know who..... It all starts at the top. This is just another episode in the long list of on/off field failure/embarrassment for this HC. His lack of personal discipline permeates the team....
Funny how his lack of personal discipline only effects Redfield and not others on the team. How does that work you fool?

I hate to see it. I hope Max learns from this mistake and has an opportunity to rebound and play for someone else. I hope he has a great future.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
Max why!!!! gun charge of all things....i was really pulling for him too...sigh...

I guess saban and staff at bama can use this against our irish in recruiting by telling kids that if you do drugs at nd you'll get punished but if you play for our tide we'll let it slide

pre season top 10. terrible failure. six year extension, multi millionaire. terrible failure. you should hope to achieve in your own chosen profession 1/100th of what brian kelly has achieved in his. hate is such an ugly thing yet you seem to relish in it. very sad and pathetic.

Reactions: Pennick44
Another great job by Kelly demonstrating why ND is always considered the school which takes the high road.

Kids do dumb things and that's what this is, but a price must be paid. Look around, you have rapists getting free passes, players beating on girlfriends and domestic abuse at the same schools over and over yet ND takes quick, decisive and clear action.

This is why Kelly remains a top college coach who wins the right way.

Another great job by Kelly demonstrating why ND is always considered the school which takes the high road.

Kids do dumb things and that's what this is, but a price must be paid. Look around, you have rapists getting free passes, players beating on girlfriends and domestic abuse at the same schools over and over yet ND takes quick, decisive and clear action.

This is why Kelly remains a top college coach who wins the right way.
How do you do that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT