ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Thoughts

kicker56

ND Expert
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2010
1. Going to come out and say I'm a huge Zaire fan, but after the first drive I was set on Kizer being the guy. Huge mistake by trying to keep playing Zaire over and over again.

2. Way too conservative on play calling later in the game. I'm not just talking the 3rd and 12 call. That's why the running game was shut down, they loaded up for it. What made BK think relying on the D at the end of the game was a good decision?

3. Great job at keeping the composure of the team together and fighting to take the lead back.

4. I gave BVG a pass year 1, and was still ok with the defense up until Stanford. After that game I wanted him gone ASAP. If anyone picks the pace up on him he gets blasted. We scored 44 points and lost with what is supposed to be playoff talent. Trust me talent is not an issue on defense. How we play in the secondary is atrocious. We were giving a TFR the easiest throws in the world over and over again. Hitches and more hitches. I don't get why we didn't try to disguise it was either up at the line coverage (with no jam) or 12 yards off. We should have been sitting 5 yards off to not give the easy hitch read but we could still bail at the snap.

5. Great game and one we could have won, just extremely disappointed how bad the scheme is failing this team. There is talent all over the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News