ADVERTISEMENT

Purse is always Giddy and posts more than normal after an Irish loss.

Purse is passionate and entertaining. Nothing wrong with that. ND needs passionate fans. This forum would be boring without them.

Reactions: end_23
Bodi, welcome Back from the abyss. Hard loss, but so typical of ND to come back and make a nail biter out of what looked to be a Texas romp. As you say, one game at a time going forward. BVG's brilliant 3-3-5 alignment to counter the hurry up blew up in our collective faces as we allowed their 250 LB brutes the opportunity to gain steam and hit the line rumbling. Five yards damn near guaranteed as our small DBs came up and bounced off these guys. Thought we made a great adjustment to a four man front and started getting penetration and stops for loss, and then we revert back to the 3-3-5 after we get the lead. Really a hard game to understand, much less swallow. Now, every game is a HUGE game, even this week against Nevada. We not only have to win, but we need to gain some swagger heading into the MSU game.

Bodi, welcome Back from the abyss. Hard loss, but so typical of ND to come back and make a nail biter out of what looked to be a Texas romp. As you say, one game at a time going forward. BVG's brilliant 3-3-5 alignment to counter the hurry up blew up in our collective faces as we allowed their 250 LB brutes the opportunity to gain steam and hit the line rumbling. Five yards damn near guaranteed as our small DBs came up and bounced off these guys. Thought we made a great adjustment to a four man front and started getting penetration and stops for loss, and then we revert back to the 3-3-5 after we get the lead. Really a hard game to understand, much less swallow. Now, every game is a HUGE game, even this week against Nevada. We not only have to win, but we need to gain some swagger heading into the MSU game.

Good post Tex ! I was wondering why they could not tackle the big man.
The Irish are not done yet. Playing on the road against a tough team is always hard. The Irish Oline needs to jell and I think they will get better as the season goes on.
*** I took the loss real hard. But right after Texas scored the winning TD I went out to the back yard patio and had a couple of Pina Coladas with my wife and enjoyed the warm Mississippi Gulf breeze and talked about everything but the game.
It is time to get ready for Nevada which will not be a trap game now.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Purse is passionate and entertaining. Nothing wrong with that. ND needs passionate fans. This forum would be boring without them.
Agreed. Somehow us ND crazies that have gotten sick and tired of CBK are told we aren't ND fans now.

I could say the same thing about them for not caring about ND constantly going 8-4.

The only way to tackle a guy that bigger and stronger than you is from the side, and hit him just above the knees to above the ankle. I would have filled the book and dared him to throw the ball too. I would have gone for it on fourth and one for the win. Why put the game in the hands of the defense? They hadn't done that much all night?

There was also a time on third and 12 late in the game he ran it up the middle instead of passing for the first down. Coach Kelly was playing "not to lose" instead of going for the throat which was working great. Kizer had been sacked before and Kelly distrusted the Oline--I think that was a mistake.
Coach Kelly made mistakes but I still trust him to get us back on the winning track and maybe the playoffs. It would be unwise to write him off just yet.

Agreed. Somehow us ND crazies that have gotten sick and tired of CBK are told we aren't ND fans now.

I could say the same thing about them for not caring about ND constantly going 8-4.
Not caring? Hardly.

I see no one on here celebrating after an 8-4 season, but if I recall correctly ND went 10-2 in the regular season last year, so that's not "constantly".

If there are some that are suspected as not being ND fans it's because some on this board seem to almost be happy after an Irish loss. It's just like they can't wait to say "I told you so" rather than see ND win.

Not caring? Hardly.

I see no one on here celebrating after an 8-4 season, but if I recall correctly ND went 10-2 in the regular season last year, so that's not "constantly".

If there are some that are suspected as not being ND fans it's because some on this board seem to almost be happy after an Irish loss. It's just like they can't wait to say "I told you so" rather than see ND win.

This post is spot on !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT