ADVERTISEMENT

Prosise, Fuller and others gone

I stopped watching college basketball because it's boring now. It's turned into street ball. Why spend the money on coaches who don't teach the fundamentals of the game anymore?

Ara 64..............

All I can say is Amen or Aim In.............ha ha ha! Today there is no such thing as palming or traveling. None of the players today including Michael Jordan would have made it on my HS basketball team. They would have been stopped before even getting down the court for palming and if they did make it to the bucket they would be called for traveling big time.

In my day a typical score might be something like 32-30 or less. Of course, the ball handling skills and especially defense would have been totally different not to mention it was ilegal to touch the rim back then!

Today it's all about dunks and 3 pointers. Whoopee............:(

Ara 64..............

All I can say is Amen or Aim In.............ha ha ha! Today there is no such thing as palming or traveling. None of the players today including Michael Jordan would have made it on my HS basketball team. They would have been stopped before even getting down the court for palming and if they did make it to the bucket they would be called for traveling big time.

In my day a typical score might be something like 32-30 or less. Of course, the ball handling skills and especially defense would have been totally different not to mention it was ilegal to touch the rim back then!

Today it's all about dunks and 3 pointers. Whoopee............:(

32-30? You're either older than dirt, or your HS team played slow down ball.

Again, not picking on responders, but just trying to put some perspective/reality on situation. While the aforementioned players were replaced, their talents and production, not so much.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Thanks for the input. Appreciate the negativity. Glad that a real football expert was able to come set us straight.

Feel free to continue staying away from the board. Your "the sky is falling" perspective will not be missed.
Is the sky falling yet? If not, it's getting pretty close.

Great day to be an ND fan. Our NFL caliber talent is going to the NFL. BK and co are stockpiling with more NFL talent. The program is in a great place.

yeah-baby-yeah.jpg

35 was in my thoughts after the recent events... 2017 looked like Kelly's best shot for a great season.

Our ole friend must have been 'pumped' , sitting poolside with the lovelies on each arm; drinking a frozen Marguaritta set to enjoy the season

Big guy take heart: 'Joy comes in the morning'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT