ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL New Tackle/Center Rule...Yikes

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Stanley has been called for 3 lining up in backfield penalties, but KC tackles seems to line up deeper than him and havent been flagged once. This rule is a disaster waiting to happen. Another way for refs to get involved when they dont need to be.

Reactions: mmca and edub72
Stanley has been called for 3 lining up in backfield penalties, but KC tackles seems to line up deeper than him and havent been flagged once. This rule is a disaster waiting to happen. Another way for refs to get involved when they dont need to be.
What is the new rule? That's always been a rule

I like that they’re enforcing it. Get on the line and you won’t have a problem. Kansas City right tackle has gotten away with 3 false starts by my count. You’re right that KC’s oline seems further back and borderline.

I wish they could review that and the false starts.

I believe they said Tackle has to line up even with center's waist. I dont know if its just point of emphasis but KC's tackles have lined up deeper than what Stanley got flagged for and no call. Just seems like another rule thats left up to a ref's interperation and could see if costing teams.

I believe they said Tackle has to line up even with center's waist. I dont know if its just point of emphasis but KC's tackles have lined up deeper than what Stanley got flagged for and no call. Just seems like another rule thats left up to a ref's interperation and could see if costing teams.
It’s always been the rule. They just didn’t enforce it.

I like that they’re enforcing it. Get on the line and you won’t have a problem. Kansas City right tackle has gotten away with 3 false starts by my count. You’re right that KC’s oline seems further back and borderline.

I wish they could review that and the false starts.
Yup we noticed that too. kc tackle been moving early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT