ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ND35 a whole different kind of "white out"

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
from the Jersey snowie winter to the white sands of SK! The sand here is like confection sugar, only whiter!
You can't even look directly at it! SK is wild!

Oddest sight: Amish at the beach in full dress: men in long pants and suspenders and woman in there traditional garb, all playing in the sun n sand n surf ! They drove here in cars from all over the country.

I thought Amish only rode in horse and buggies.

Guess not … when visiting South Bend, I'd often see groups of Amish shopping at Target or other discount stores … and they got there by hiring someone to drive them there.

SK=Siesta Key......."cool" pers!
happy0019.r191677.gif

Amish will hire regular folk to drive them around and Mennonites will actually drive. Watched a PBS Doc on Amish and they walk the walk. Good people.

Jack:

they drove in here;

but when we whipped out our IPads at the pool they scattered ... "gone in 60 seconds"

You may find this hard to believe but one of my stadium section ushers is former Amish....born and raised. He will occasionally purchase a few tickets to a "lesser" game and invite a couple of the Amish locals. Very nice people. They get into the whole campus visit and game day experience. It's a beautiful thing.

oh BTW

anyone inFlorida who mistakenly travels Rt 301 thru Lawty Florida ought note the HUGE billboard just north of Lawty
"Lawty Speed Trap 4.5 miles Ahead"

We took it serious and sure enough the speed limit of 60 Dropped to 25 as we entered the town limits and a Sheriff vehicle was sitting right there!

There oughta be a law!

HEY PERSE---walked out of the fron door to go to Mass and I knew I was in Florida--

-75 lovely degrees. The rays go right down to the bone. I hope they get right down into

your nasty old heart and mellow you out. Relax Brother. renew and enjoy every second.

MR PERSE---better stay away from nude beachs, you could give

yourself a heart attack.

So what do you think of the new staff ? What will the 3 analysists---

spelling may be a mile off---do ? Wwill Jeff Quinn be one? Is this just a new

way of adding coaches off the books ?

You now have the quiz and can sit out in the sunshine and meditate before

ansering.

New Staff : very strong on paper; the ND administration did a very good job in identifying the candidates and Jack/Kelly whatever each's part was, both did what took to 'close the deal'.

time will tell if the sum of the parts is greater than the individuals sums. Just like the players, the coaching staff is a "team".

35 if perse is on a nude beach we all will havve heartatracks. more than we ought to see

ZONA-----nude beachs can really be gross in RETIRE LAND.

We have none around here that I know of---

Sitting pool side is enough for me---

It's amazing how much better my eye sight becomes during

SPRING BREAK for High Schools and Colleges.

was at the pool and someone wanted assitance with something - they were on the ohter side of the pool and looked at me and - truth! - yelled
"hey kid! come here and give me a hand"! (note, I was wearing a hat)

I looked around and realized i was only one there and he was yelling to me! oh yea!

Perse, Dry Dock Restaurant on Longboat Key is a really good place for seafood and the outdoor seating near the dock is very nice.

will give it a try; trying not to goto same place twice!

Traffic seems to determine where and what plans are feasible!

This post was edited on 3/3 3:49 PM by perseverare

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT