ADVERTISEMENT

OT: June Sports Been Amazing

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
Usually a pretty dull month for sports have been anything but, the NHL Finals just went to game 7, the US Open was awesome, Euro's & Copa in full swing, the US Olympic trials have been great to watch and even the CWS. What a great time to be a sports fan & on vacation.

Usually a pretty dull month for sports have been anything but, the NHL Finals just went to game 7, the US Open was awesome, Euro's & Copa in full swing, the US Olympic trials have been great to watch and even the CWS. What a great time to be a sports fan & on vacation.
How’s Croatia doing?

Croats not doing good so far, but still have a chance of advancing to the knockout stage.

USA Men’s Soccer losing to Panama 2-1 at COPA is confusing.

USMT as an organization is poorly run. They have good enough talent to be able to compete in tournaments like the Copa especially when hosting. The stupidy of firing a subpar coach then rehiring him immediately back just shows how bad the top brass runs the program. The US will never compete at a high level in international soccer because the infastructure, vision & development of talent will never be elite. Developing soccer talent starts at a young age & is a year round commitment.

Reactions: sluggo69
USMT as an organization is poorly run. They have good enough talent to be able to compete in tournaments like the Copa especially when hosting. The stupidy of firing a subpar coach then rehiring him immediately back just shows how bad the top brass runs the program. The US will never compete at a high level in international soccer because the infastructure, vision & development of talent will never be elite. Developing soccer talent starts at a young age & is a year round commitment.
I heard we now have American teams where the players have European experience.

We would not have lost if that guy didn’t get sent off. With that said I don’t expect us to beat Uruguay

It was hard to watch. Berhalter has to go "again"
Fantasy hires: The top choice would be Xabi Alonso he would be perfect for the team both in terms of tactics & leadership.
Most of the media & fans will beg for Klopp but he made 15-20 million a year at Liverpool & he left because he burnt out. No way the US would pay a national team coach that kind of of money or more & he would never put up with our Mickey Mouse federation
Realistic choices
The Special One Jose Mourhino. He expressed interest in coaching the US team but our Federation never gave him an interview. Jose is a brillant coach & wins wherever he goes but he also wears out his welcome. Still with the World Cup only 2 years away id let him take over.
Jesse Marsh would be a logical choice but the US federation treated him like shit during the last hiring proces & i dont think he would even entertain a call from the US
Zinadine Zadane has been floated but he wouldnt be a great fit. He's a players coach alot like Carlo Ancelloti & his real talent like Carlo's is managing ego's than developing talent & tactics. My guess is if France doesnt win the Euro's he will take over as national coach.

I was at the game last night. I love this team and have enjoyed seeing this group develop. They played well in stretches and the officiating was bizarre. But results are results and Berhalter has used up his 9 lives. Mourhino would be beyond fascinating.

I was at the game last night. I love this team and have enjoyed seeing this group develop. They played well in stretches and the officiating was bizarre. But results are results and Berhalter has used up his 9 lives. Mourhino would be beyond fascinating.
Mourhino would be the best & logical choice for the 26 World Cup. He would instill confidence in the players. The fans would hate his style of play & his press conferences would be must see TV.

Mourhino would be the best & logical choice for the 26 World Cup. He would instill confidence in the players. The fans would hate his style of play & his press conferences would be must see TV.
I will be shocked if the US Soccer Federation hires someone with an annual salary of 8 figures.

I will be shocked if the US Soccer Federation hires someone with an annual salary of 8 figures.
IMO this isnt about money for him. Im not sure you understand the size of this man's ego. He wants to give a big F.U. to major European Soccer who has pretty much left him for dead. He said last year everyone loves me but no one calls me. He also said when he is tired of winning in Europe he wants to come coach in the US. If he could lead the US to a deap run in the World Cup (atleast semi's) it would be another jewel in his coaching career. And if he could take credit for making US Soccer a major player on the world stage he would say he truly is the GOAT manager.

Not a terrible hire if true. Loved what he did at Spurs, his time at PSG was not so good. Chelsea started out bad but he had them playing good soccer at the end of the season. It would also make the 2nd straight hire from Chelsea. 1st the Women's national team & now Poch for the Men's national team.

Last edited:
Reactions: melstew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT