ADVERTISEMENT

OT Golson5 What's going on in Boxing

deadirishpoet

All Star
Jun 1, 2003
Did you see Canelo and De LA Hoya spat.
Canelo through out quite a accusation, ND the you throw in the Ryan Garcia drug test after the fight show the dirty pool hasn't been fixed
BTW Canelos fight Saturday wasn't nowhere close to the hype

Last edited:
Did you see Canelo and De LA Hoya spat.
Canelo through out quite a accusation, ND the you throw in the Ryan Garcia drug test after the fight show the dirty pool hasn't been fixed
BTW Canelos fight Saturday wasn't nowhere close to the hype
Inoue with another dominant performance today. He's at a lower weight class but man is he good

Canelo and De la Hoya really dislike each other and have for a long time. What accusation did Canelo say?

Ryan Garcia is a cheater. Not only did he come in 3.2 lbs overweight, he was on the juice. So much talent, but he's a spoiled brat. That fight should be ruled a no contest and take the loss off of Haneys resume

The Canelo fight was very predictable. Munguia wasnt quite ready for this fight. He couldn't turn down the payday but he needed a few more fights before I gave him a real chance. Canelo needs to fight Benavidez. That would be a legit great fight and I would favor Benavidez

Inoue with another dominant performance today. He's at a lower weight class but man is he good

Canelo and De la Hoya really dislike each other and have for a long time. What accusation did Canelo say?

Ryan Garcia is a cheater. Not only did he come in 3.2 lbs overweight, he was on the juice. So much talent, but he's a spoiled brat. That fight should be ruled a no contest and take the loss off of Haneys resume

The Canelo fight was very predictable. Munguia wasnt quite ready for this fight. He couldn't turn down the payday but he needed a few more fights before I gave him a real chance. Canelo needs to fight Benavidez. That would be a legit great fight and I would favor Benavidez
I'm not sure about the juicing. The test were done way before the fight and the results were available prior.
If they really want to check for a dirty test it should of been done directly after ther fight
Canelo was caught twice and it prevented his fight from happening with Golovkin I believe which makes you question why if Garcia was dirty then when why did they hold on to it?

Here is the video from Canelo 05/01/24 that will show you better than I can tell you
Canelos accusations are in the video

I'm not sure about the juicing. The test were done way before the fight and the results were available prior.
If they really want to check for a dirty test it should of been done directly after ther fight
Canelo was caught twice and it prevented his fight from happening with Golovkin I believe which makes you question why if Garcia was dirty then when why did they hold on to it?

Here is the video from Canelo 05/01/24 that will show you better than I can tell you
The testing was done the day prior to the fight and the day of the fight. Those are the ones he failed. Not from way before the fight

He cheated and Haney should not have a loss on his record

Reactions: deadirishpoet

Where there is a lot of money, in numerous sports, people cheat. Horse racing, NFL, MLB, Track And Field, Boxing, Bicycling, etc.

Cheating is rampant in professional boxing.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
The testing was done the day prior to the fight and the day of the fight. Those are the ones he failed. Not from way before the fight

He cheated and Haney should not have a loss on his record
Well if he test positive before the day before fight the results would of been available that day.
I get drug tested alot especially when we do work in nuclear plants. We have our results in hours
Now what do you think about Canelo calling De La Hoya a thief? It should be pretty easy to check, and if he's clean De LA Hoya should sue.
I've always liked the Golden Boy. Not as much as the Hitman Hearns (my favorite boxer ever)

Boxing is so boring now. UFC and even other mma promotions are more exciting.

Well if he test positive before the day before fight the results would of been available that day.
I get drug tested alot especially when we do work in nuclear plants. We have our results in hours
Now what do you think about Canelo calling De La Hoya a thief? It should be pretty easy to check, and if he's clean De LA Hoya should sue.
I've always liked the Golden Boy. Not as much as the Hitman Hearns (my favorite boxer ever)
He failed the tests, period. He cheated.

Stealing money in boxing is nothing new. Happens all the time and from the beginning of time. Not surprising at all if true

I get drug tested alot especially when we do work in nuclear plants. We have our results in hours.
With the image problems that boxing has already (cheating, fixing, etc...)...promoters and fighters suing each other over trash talking wouldn't improve that image. I think its a lose-lose, and would result in sanitized, generic pressers....and frankly, fans prefer unfiltered talk anyway. It might the only thing thats honest about boxing.,

My first awareness of boxing was a newsreel at the drive-in when I was 7 yrs old and Gene Fullmer upset Sugar Ray Robinson. I was hooked and followed the sport up til about 20 yrs ago. So many damn classic fights, and always controversy about scoring or weigh ins or a fix, etc…. Lost interest when multiple champions reigned every weight class. Doesn’t sound like much has changed!

My first awareness of boxing was a newsreel at the drive-in when I was 7 yrs old and Gene Fullmer upset Sugar Ray Robinson. I was hooked and followed the sport up til about 20 yrs ago. So many damn classic fights, and always controversy about scoring or weigh ins or a fix, etc…. Lost interest when multiple champions reigned every weight class. Doesn’t sound like much has changed!
Nope. It's sad what the sport has become

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT